anon

Inola, OK

#1 Jan 2, 2010
From Scott Serrit (FAA) to Mike McKinnon via email (Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:13 PM) cc'd to C. Comer and Bill Shanahan)

Speaking of his previous work with the Paulding County Airport Serrit boasts "Without the completion of their environmental study, we could not give them those funds and the funds expired at the end of the fiscal year. So we were between a rock and a hard place because of the earmark. We wound up "expediting" an environmental finding (by bending a few rules, damaging relationships with our counterparts in other state and federal agencies, and rendering a finding that might not have stood the test of a court challenge) so that we could honor that earmark 4 months sooner than we had promised to otherwise."

This is the man who is acting as the FAA liaison between the City of St. Marys and the FAA. I find that disturbing in the extreme.(Also note that the firm of Reynolds, Hill & Smith is being used for the St. Marys Airport relocation project...as it was for the Paulding County Airport).

Then this
From: Deborah Hase [mailto:deborah.hase@ci.st-mar ys.ga.us]
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 10:57 AM
To: bill.deloughy@tds.net
Cc:'Sandifer, William C.'; bill.shanahan@ci.st-marys.ga.u s
Subject: airport project

“BILL’s (all three of you): Councilman Trader was asking me yesterday what our status is on the airport project. Now that the election is over and we have more than a majority to see that this project continues, we want to make sure that we are to the “point of no return” within the next few months.
We look forward to an update in January. That should give ya’ll plenty of time to put together a briefing. Thanks, Deborah Hase

Sickening, isn't it?
anon

Inola, OK

#3 Jan 8, 2010
Are you people not aware, while you prattle on about coffee shops and other inane nonsense, that your bank accounts are about to be emptied, and your town's reputation destoyed, by the airport relocation project? http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kingsland-ga/...

Wake up...please!
pbs

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Apr 30, 2010
WAKE UP ST. MARYS.......City Manager and Deb has been meeting with Sea Island Company, SECRETLY, to facilitate the airpoort relocation.......City Manager had meetings with Deb at her house prior to her being elected about airport relocation. Lots of back room deals going on.....Let me point out that I'm for airport relocation, just not the back room deals that are being made.....Remember Charlie Smith is a former state representative who made a back room deal in the dead of night to change the flag, under the cloak of darkness....ITS HAPPENING AGAIN RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES,,,,,WAKE UP ST. MARYS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distrct Voting and Downtown Gang 2 hr Croton 44
RIP Topix 3 hr Play Tow 5
Is Topix's "Dr.Lecter" a liberal or conservative? 4 hr silver bullet 2
N. Korea calls Obama name in latest hacking 4 hr LonePalm 3
New restaurant 6 hr Barney 7
Unlikely location Chosen for specialized Ebola ... 7 hr spur40 8
Borrell Creek 9 hr Brittney 6
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web