“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#22 Jan 19, 2013
World of Consolidation wrote:
Were you Moreno Jay around during the 70's-90s when the great exodus of industry from the northeast moved to the south?
Business leaders didn't need any B/S JDA web site then. They don't need it now.
Born in Savannah in 1947. Just passing thru Woodbine on a Sunday afternoon when I heard on the radio that the Bridge in Brunswick I had just crossed was knocked down. Cvered CamdenforMONY out of Savannah. When I was in town, I ate lunch where St. Mary City hall is now. Trellis Crews was a waitress there at the time. Or I ate over at Steffens when Daryl had it (before and after the fire), or up in Woobine, had the blue plate special there on the corner. Stayed at the Stardust a time or two.

Use caution when bullshitting me about the glory days of Camden County.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#23 Jan 19, 2013
No I just took my time and looked it over
at 6'3" 247lbs not the the smallest fingers.
Sorry for confusing you. now you and Jay can make sure all of ya's post are correct. looking at 7 or 8 on your post but my common sense let me understand what you meant

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#24 Jan 19, 2013
"how many classes is this school going to have on fishing,crabbing,shrimping, ect"

Hopefully, ZERO.

A, those industries are low wage and dying out to foreign competition and sooner or later to local aquaculture - fresh and salt. "Wild caught" is going away.

B, Is there anyone born and reared on the Georgia coast who did not learn from a relative how to do all three?
World of Consolidation

Kingsland, GA

#25 Jan 19, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Born in Savannah in 1947. Just passing thru Woodbine on a Sunday afternoon when I heard on the radio that the Bridge in Brunswick I had just crossed was knocked down. Cvered CamdenforMONY out of Savannah. When I was in town, I ate lunch where St. Mary City hall is now. Trellis Crews was a waitress there at the time. Or I ate over at Steffens when Daryl had it (before and after the fire), or up in Woobine, had the blue plate special there on the corner. Stayed at the Stardust a time or two.
Use caution when bullshitting me about the glory days of Camden County.
Have not a clue what your rambling is about. The Cvered CamdenforMony? The glory days of Camden County? The mill days, you remember the Yankee owned mill don't you?
WTF

Herndon, PA

#26 Jan 19, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
"how many classes is this school going to have on fishing,crabbing,shrimping, ect"
Hopefully, ZERO.
A, those industries are low wage and dying out to foreign competition and sooner or later to local aquaculture - fresh and salt. "Wild caught" is going away.
B, Is there anyone born and reared on the Georgia coast who did not learn from a relative how to do all three?
So we live on the coast with rivers marsh ect why do we need a tech school if our parents taught us how to do all 3
The only reason it is dying out is because dumbass's like you would rather eat farm raised from outside the USA to save a dollar.
Then want to raise taxes on these guys that comercial fish.
Compare Langs shrimp to aunt bs. thats why langs kicks their ass its fresh local seafood

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#27 Jan 19, 2013
"You tell me 1 company that has said they would move here if, there were smarter people to hire."

Well, my guess is that trained, well-paid PR professionals have advised hem not to tell reporters from the losing commuunites in a bid for a new plant that "We would have picked yuor communitry had you people not been so damned poorly trained for the high tech jobs we had to offer."

With all due respect, are you genuinely as obtuse as you appear here or are you just shining us on?
Really

Kingsland, GA

#28 Jan 19, 2013
Check you glucose. Copy your last pearl. Bring it to one of your English professors who rewarded you with one of those "A's".
WTF

Herndon, PA

#29 Jan 19, 2013
No jay but i am a working man and I dont need any professor to tell me with the shape our country is in we need to save money. I am gonna take a guess and say yo think JEEP is moving to China because America has low tech workers.
I hate to tell you its not the workers its the goverment holding us back
Train Watcher

Saint Marys, GA

#30 Jan 20, 2013
It is about time they put something somewhere other than Atlanta. There is other parts of the State and just because we are on the boarder with Florida you don't have to let them do all the work.

Look at A1A then look at Hwy. 40 Big difference.

I know that Georgia will never be as good as Florida; however, Atlanta does not have to dump Southeast Georgia on them and expect them to take care of us.

Its about time that Georgia recognised that a key motivator for many Camden people is the desire to feel important, the nourishment of their self-esteem.

Then there is the ones that are waiting for Mr. Gilman to return and tell them what to do.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#31 Jan 20, 2013
Train, of all the growth on A1A other than roads how much is tax dollars?

Look at hwy 40 other than welcome center and roads its all private money.

Then take time to call or look up the cost of permits to build.
If I was going to build I would go to yulee also.They have 2 working mills and bach traffic eveyday and building permits are half the price of camden. Its cheaper permit rates on St.Simons Is.
than in st. marys.

Ok now take the time to look up the permit cost between a private person building a home or some contractor building a sub-division permits are 8,000 difference. thats because of why do you think?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#32 Jan 20, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
So we live on the coast with rivers marsh ect why do we need a tech school if our parents taught us how to do all 3
The only reason it is dying out is because dumbass's like you would rather eat farm raised from outside the USA to save a dollar.
Then want to raise taxes on these guys that comercial fish.
Compare Langs shrimp to aunt bs. thats why langs kicks their ass its fresh local seafood
I'm sorry. You're right. Fishing and shrimping are the future for Camden Youth. They should all be issued a pair of those spiffy, white shrimper boots as they cross the stage at HS graduation then onto Camden Academy of the Atlantic where President Tommy Weaver and Dean Gene Hope will oversee the efforts of a cadre of instructors drawn from our most sudcessful local retirees from the once thriving commercial fisheries and packing plants of Camden County's glory days. Calvin Lang can be the first professor emeritus. He can teach the rock shrimp track in the College of Crustaceans.

Help me flesh out the faculty, folks. How about minors? ANy suggestions?
It has always been

Saint Marys, GA

#33 Jan 20, 2013
Train Watcher wrote:
It is about time they put something somewhere other than Atlanta. There is other parts of the State and just because we are on the boarder with Florida you don't have to let them do all the work.
Look at A1A then look at Hwy. 40 Big difference.
I know that Georgia will never be as good as Florida; however, Atlanta does not have to dump Southeast Georgia on them and expect them to take care of us.
Its about time that Georgia recognised that a key motivator for many Camden people is the desire to feel important, the nourishment of their self-esteem.
Then there is the ones that are waiting for Mr. Gilman to return and tell them what to do.
You must be a yankee. What you all need to realize is there is two states: Atlanta Metro and the rest of GA. It has always been that way and it always will be. Get use to it or go back to Jersey and Connecticut where you came from.
GENE HOPE

Herndon, PA

#34 Jan 20, 2013
Listen old man the best thing you can do is leave my husbands name out of your crap or you may find yourself with a fight you will not win.
As for Tommy he got paid a fair amount to sell out and go back to charter fishing.
Talked to him last week and he s doing 3-4 charters a week and is happy making 6-8 hundred a week fishing.
Now you always are asking people to visit your house you want to invite gene

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#35 Jan 20, 2013
Sure. I like Gene. And Tommy. What's his favorte beer? I'll get some.

It's 501 Victoria's Circle. It's the only blue house in the subdivision. Come to think of it, it is the color of the blue on male bluecrab claws.

Come on over,Gene. Bring a dozen crabs and I'll boil 'em up.
incontrovertible

Saint Marys, GA

#36 Jan 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. You're right. Fishing and shrimping are the future for Camden Youth. They should all be issued a pair of those spiffy, white shrimper boots as they cross the stage at HS graduation then onto Camden Academy of the Atlantic where President Tommy Weaver and Dean Gene Hope will oversee the efforts of a cadre of instructors drawn from our most sudcessful local retirees from the once thriving commercial fisheries and packing plants of Camden County's glory days. Calvin Lang can be the first professor emeritus. He can teach the rock shrimp track in the College of Crustaceans.
Help me flesh out the faculty, folks. How about minors? ANy suggestions?
The youth of our community must to leave because there are no jobs. That is his point and i agree.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#37 Jan 21, 2013
World of Consolidation wrote:
<quoted text>
Have not a clue what your rambling is about. The Cvered CamdenforMony? The glory days of Camden County? The mill days, you remember the Yankee owned mill don't you?
MONY = Mutual of New York.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#38 Jan 21, 2013
incontrovertible wrote:
<quoted text>
The youth of our community must to leave because there are no jobs. That is his point and i agree.
And yet he,and apparently you,completely miss the point that the objective of the technical college is to give them the training that will make them attractive employees to businesses that will be way more favorably inclined to locate here because of it's existence - thus obviating the need for them to leave the area to find employment.
beer maker

Tampa, FL

#39 Jan 21, 2013
I am all for a tech school in Camden. I drove to Brunswick to get my training and know many others who did also. A lot also went to Jacksonville. This would also bring in students from surrounding areas. I went through a co-op program where you went to school a term then worked a term so you got both class room training and on the job training.
Reader

Saint Marys, GA

#40 Jan 21, 2013
GENE HOPE wrote:
Listen old man the best thing you can do is leave my husbands name out of your crap or you may find yourself with a fight you will not win.
As for Tommy he got paid a fair amount to sell out and go back to charter fishing.
Talked to him last week and he s doing 3-4 charters a week and is happy making 6-8 hundred a week fishing.
Now you always are asking people to visit your house you want to invite gene
Great reply Mrs. Hope.:)
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#41 Jan 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Sure. I like Gene. And Tommy. What's his favorte beer? I'll get some.
It's 501 Victoria's Circle. It's the only blue house in the subdivision. Come to think of it, it is the color of the blue on male bluecrab claws.
Come on over,Gene. Bring a dozen crabs and I'll boil 'em up.
Jay you're such a wanker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min Aggie23 56,763
First Poll Results fro Camden County are in! 2 hr Thuggie 14
Mitt Romney - he's running - Republican savior? 2 hr Iceman 2
School bus hit by truck with naked passenger 3 hr Jorge 3
Good job, Mr. President! Thanks, Democrats! 4 hr Cramer 3
Osprey Coves Polish Candidate 5 hr Bob 27
Tracking Jay Moreno's campaign filings. 6 hr Bubba 37
Higher Property Tax 20 hr Curious 41

St. Marys Jobs

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Marys News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Marys