Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2013-01-...

Yes, you could have found i yourself but you didn't.

You're welcome.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#3 Jan 18, 2013
A waste of tax dollars. We have kids out here now with degrees and can't find a job. We dont need more schools we need more jobs.
Bo Regard

Madison, WI

#4 Jan 18, 2013
That's great news!!! Well, not really since Coastal has issued a statement saying that they may close their Camden doors.
Coonass

Dornsife, PA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Bo Regard wrote:
That's great news!!! Well, not really since Coastal has issued a statement saying that they may close their Camden doors.
Dat cause Jay moreno goes dere, dey couldn't taught him to spell "Filè," I guarontee!!! "Where Jay goes, doors close"!!!

St. Marys, GA

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Bo Regard wrote:
Where might I find that statement?
RumorMill

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Jan 18, 2013
It is a rumor...but not without some truth I am sure.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#8 Jan 18, 2013
WTF wrote:
A waste of tax dollars. We have kids out here now with degrees and can't find a job. We dont need more schools we need more jobs.
You are stupid dumb ass aren't you?
WTF

Herndon, PA

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stupid dumb ass aren't you?
I don't think so my W-2 reads I made 86,352 last year
my house is paid off
my truck and boat are paid for.
I know atleast 6 people that have their teaching degrees and cant find work.
I have atleast 4 to 10 people asking for jobs a month that has cert. from waycross or jesup. The companys are scared to hire until they find out the real cost of OBAMA CARE.
So all we are doing right now is putting kids in debt.
We could and will hire 3 fulltimers if health care does not cost us to much.
So please tell me where I'm a stupid ass.
I'm zero dollars in debt got money to play if I want to.
I just cant see spending 50,000,000 just to say we have a school here. Hell when our kids do get jobs 60% will go to pay off our stupid debt.
Joe

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Jan 18, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so my W-2 reads I made 86,352 last year
my house is paid off
my truck and boat are paid for.
I know atleast 6 people that have their teaching degrees and cant find work.
I have atleast 4 to 10 people asking for jobs a month that has cert. from waycross or jesup. The companys are scared to hire until they find out the real cost of OBAMA CARE.
So all we are doing right now is putting kids in debt.
We could and will hire 3 fulltimers if health care does not cost us to much.
So please tell me where I'm a stupid ass.
I'm zero dollars in debt got money to play if I want to.
I just cant see spending 50,000,000 just to say we have a school here. Hell when our kids do get jobs 60% will go to pay off our stupid debt.
If they move from here to Jax 2 problems are fixed, unemployment numbers get better here and someone gets a job.
By the way, what does the school have to do with the first part of your post.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#11 Jan 18, 2013
The 1st partwas becuse they asked if I was a stupid ass. My answer is a stpid ass a man that has worked for himelf and pay myself that much with 0.00 debt a tupid ass?
but what do you mean if they move from here to jax?
No school is moving from somewhere and the only jobs will be a company like the one that built ST.Marys school a jax company that brought alot of mexicans up.Teacher wise most will come in part-time like armstrong and ga.military

St. Marys, GA

#12 Jan 19, 2013
WTF wrote:
The 1st partwas becuse they asked if I was a stupid ass. My answer is a stpid ass a man that has worked for himelf and pay myself that much with 0.00 debt a tupid ass?
but what do you mean if they move from here to jax?
No school is moving from somewhere and the only jobs will be a company like the one that built ST.Marys school a jax company that brought alot of mexicans up.Teacher wise most will come in part-time like armstrong and ga.military
Alas, you have only succeeeded in confirming that you are indeed a stupid ass, albeit a hard working stupid ass.

Moreover, I suspect that you fear, and rightfully so, that a pool of better trained prospective employees along with the higher paying job opportunites such a pool's existence will attract, will put upward pressure on what you have to pay yours. Hence, your cynical pooh poohing of the effort.

St. Marys, GA

#13 Jan 19, 2013
RumorMill wrote:
It is a rumor...but not without some truth I am sure.
Yes, it is a rumor. No, it does not have a grain of truth to it.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#14 Jan 19, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, you have only succeeeded in confirming that you are indeed a stupid ass, albeit a hard working stupid ass.
Moreover, I suspect that you fear, and rightfully so, that a pool of better trained prospective employees along with the higher paying job opportunites such a pool's existence will attract, will put upward pressure on what you have to pay yours. Hence, your cynical pooh poohing of the effort.
jay with all respect there is not a tec. school out there that will ever teach as well as on the job training. It does not matter what we will pay when we cant hire because of the pesident's health care is figured out
As it's looking we are just gonna work overtime and we still my let 1 or 2 part-timers go.
Can you tell me where there is a good job pool where these kids now that has wasted their time and money getting educated
World of Consolidation

Kingsland, GA

#15 Jan 19, 2013
Maybe I'm missing the point here. Why do we need a Tech school in our county?

I'm assuming to better prepare our high school graduates with more opportunity for work. Work that does not exist in this county.

Or is it to increase the educational bureaucracy providing tax payer funded administration/teaching positions.

Unlike a mill-town most communities expect a graduating student to leave home for higher education an eventualy seeking employment from an employer no matter where it would take one.

Money should be put into helping students with room and board instead of building these satellite institutions.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#16 Jan 19, 2013
World of Consolidation wrote:
Maybe I'm missing the point here. Why do we need a Tech school in our county?
I'm assuming to better prepare our high school graduates with more opportunity for work. Work that does not exist in this county.
Or is it to increase the educational bureaucracy providing tax payer funded administration/teaching positions.
Unlike a mill-town most communities expect a graduating student to leave home for higher education an eventualy seeking employment from an employer no matter where it would take one.
Money should be put into helping students with room and board instead of building these satellite institutions.
With more satellite schools they can milk more money from OBAMA'S tit.

Look now at the teachers at coastal Armstrong and the others Most of them are already teaching somewhere, and this will be part-time jobs for them.
They are going to spend 25 million dollars just to get maybe 10 jobs.
hell take that 25 million lower taxes on business's and they may hire more people.

St. Marys, GA

#17 Jan 19, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
jay with all respect there is not a tech. school out there that will ever teach as well as on the job training. It does not matter what we will pay when we cant hire because of the pesident's health care is figured out
As it's looking we are just gonna work overtime and we still my let 1 or 2 part-timers go.
Can you tell me where there is a good job pool where these kids now that has wasted their time and money getting educated
What do we have to offer major employers in high tech production or IT services looking for an at-will employment state in the sun-belt?

Well,(see JDA web site) great weather, the ocean and rivers, negligible crime rate, plentiful housing, cheap land, great access to Interstate Hwy System, very good school system, low cost-of-living, proximity to Jacksonville, short drives to three seaports, good (and easily upgradable) rail connections, tech savy Navy retirees, commute hating former mill workers with usable skills or highly re-trainable, etc.

What is working against us?

Multi-generational, xenophobic, red-necked, G.O.B. control of local government. That is about to change.

Alex Kearns and fellow travelers. The bloom is off that rose.

Dog-in-the-manger resistance to new and larger employers by traditional Camden power structure. That too, is about to be brought under control.

Lastly, while it is true that one can apprentice locally to fulfill the future, low-tech, low-wage needs of local Brahman employers, one can not obtain local training to fulfill high tech needs of major employers who might otherwise be attracted here were it not for the lack of a pool of qualified candidates for THEIR needs.

Yes, I am indeed asserting that this is one of those situations where if you build it, they actually WILL come. If not, they wont - which is exactly what the local, low-paying Brahmins want.

The revolt has been brewing for a while now. The lid is about to pop off. It's about damned time!
Wilber

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Jan 19, 2013
Again with the Kearns stuff, Jay? We thought you'd gotten help for that obsession of yours.
World of Consolidation

Kingsland, GA

#19 Jan 19, 2013
Were you Moreno Jay around during the 70's-90s when the great exodus of industry from the northeast moved to the south?

Business leaders didn't need any B/S JDA web site then. They don't need it now.
WTF

Herndon, PA

#20 Jan 19, 2013
Ok you made your points now let me make mine
It's not at the local level.
With the president we have our workforce is going down. The kids have lost the drive to work when its so easy to go get welfare and medicaid.
Dont care about our weather mother nature isnt hiring.

how many classes is this school going to have on fishing,crabbing,shrimping, ect...

You tell me 1 company that has said they would move here if, there were smarter people to hire.

If you were here back in the early 80's instead of 2 shrimp boats downtown there were 20+ the scallop plant was down there.Then the goverment and yankees got invoved. Scallops were overfished and they were stinking up the town. So was forced to close.Now the usa buys more shrimp and scallops from farm raised ponds overseas.

All us so called dumb GOB rednecks wants is the goverment to ease up spending our money overseas let us make a living.
Coonass

Dornsife, PA

#21 Jan 19, 2013
WTF wrote:
Ok you made your points now let me make mine
It's not at the local level.
With the president we have our workforce is going down. The kids have lost the drive to work when its so easy to go get welfare and medicaid.
Dont care about our weather mother nature isnt hiring.
how many classes is this school going to have on fishing,crabbing,shrimping, ect...
You tell me 1 company that has said they would move here if, there were smarter people to hire.
If you were here back in the early 80's instead of 2 shrimp boats downtown there were 20+ the scallop plant was down there.Then the goverment and yankees got invoved. Scallops were overfished and they were stinking up the town. So was forced to close.Now the usa buys more shrimp and scallops from farm raised ponds overseas.
All us so called dumb GOB rednecks wants is the goverment to ease up spending our money overseas let us make a living.
WTF, yo writin skills is greatly improved on dis one. Did you got some hep writin it from maybe ol Lonesome Palm Tree, bubbles 131, or whatever he callin hisself today? It didn't took any trouble understanin any of dem word you wrote today, I guarontee!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One reason for the 2nd amendment 6 min Anon 4
Mr. Michael Wooden DECLARES 1/5 OF SMES Student... 1 hr Inappropriate 12
Doug's Folley 2 hr Jorge 25
MORENO: what does the word "WHIGGER" mean??? 2 hr Anon 214
US Military will have 6 of 11 Nuclear Subs in P... 2 hr Jorge 31
We need that Cat 5 Hurricane to bring this plac... 3 hr Anon 21
The Libs' Trojan Horse herd is growing. 4 hr Moreno Jay 1
More from around the web

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE