Pres proposes stringent bckgnd checks...

Pres proposes stringent bckgnd checks. Would that have prevented Sandy Hook?

Created by Poll Taker on Jan 16, 2013

49 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Anon

Herndon, PA

#1 Jan 16, 2013
That is a really dumb question.
AUC Atlanta

Herndon, PA

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
That is a really dumb question.
Nohing wrong with the question ... if something is dumb on/in this post than it's YOU!
RAY

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
That is a really dumb question.
Really, then it must have been dumb to propose it.(Checks)

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#4 Jan 16, 2013
No, bcause the shooter did not uy any of the weapons he used- his mother apparenty did.
Diceman

Dornsife, PA

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
No, bcause the shooter did not uy any of the weapons he used- his mother apparenty did.
"bcause", "uy", "apparenty"

One sentence, three typos.

Are you drinking tonight, Moreno? Don't hand me that crap that you don't drink.
bubba131

United States

#6 Jan 16, 2013
No it would not have prevented it..
There will always be guns out there and some in the hands of screwballs..
Anon

Herndon, PA

#7 Jan 16, 2013
bubba131 wrote:
No it would not have prevented it..
There will always be guns out there and some in the hands of screwballs..
I don't see any way that it could have prevented it but what is the matter with stringent background checks for gun purchasers? A background check would not prevent me from purchasing a gun and I assume it would not effect you either. It might, however, help to prevent some felons and just plain screwballs from purchasing. Wouldn't that be a good thing?
Tom

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2013
I see the Yes's have increased greatly. Could we have some examples of how the stringent checks proposed would have prevented Sandy HooK.
bubba131

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any way that it could have prevented it but what is the matter with stringent background checks for gun purchasers? A background check would not prevent me from purchasing a gun and I assume it would not effect you either. It might, however, help to prevent some felons and just plain screwballs from purchasing. Wouldn't that be a good thing?
They can check all they want to on me.
I thought they did background checks currently??
They do background checks on gang members and drug dealers??
Tom

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2013
Crooks don't do Background checks why should I?
Whoopee

United States

#11 Jan 17, 2013
I think Banning video games would do more to reduce the Sandy Hook thing than Extended background checks.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#12 Jan 17, 2013
Whoopee wrote:
I think Banning video games would do more to reduce the Sandy Hook thing than Extended background checks.
I don't think it is a case of one or the other but I agree with you about violent video games. The problem is, it will never happen because millions are made selling them.
Tom

United States

#13 Jan 17, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is a case of one or the other but I agree with you about violent video games. The problem is, it will never happen because millions are made selling them.
Interesting comment. So we only want to band aid this issue.
Tom

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Your voice and mine is insignificant compared to the money lobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's happened to KBAY? 1 hr Anon 13
Miss Jay 5 hr Anon 9
In the non-Trumpworld there is good 5 hr flip flop 6
What's Trump scare of anyway? 18 hr Bernie got one 11
The new Democrap Party 22 hr Tom 7
Plain lectures Trump on what Republicans believe Sat The real truth 11
Merrry Christmas Fri bob 1

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages