Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

I switched to TDSTV from Dish several months ago.

PROS
The quality (HD/Sound)is excellent.
Equipment much smaller and reliable.
Ability to record and playback from any T.V.
Cost about the same when bundling.
Never fear the storms again.(loss of signal)

Cons
Programming is better with dish. TDSTV premium package is comparable to dish silver package.

You can not preprogram tv shows, having HBO come on at eight automatically as an example. With virtually unlimited recording I've changed my tv habit by watching must shows that have been recorded.

My package includes High speed internet with Wi-Fi, HD TV with HBO package(not the premium pck. the one right below it)and unlimited long distance phone for $167.

I will never go back to Dish!!!

Hope this helps.
bubba131

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

I agree with TRUTH...
Have had it several months.
Only problem has been that sometimes the picture freezes for a couple seconds.
TvHound

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

How does it compare to Comcast??
Really

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Comcast in St. Marys could never provided a perfect picture. I moved to dish (poor reliability) then on to TDS.
Like it

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

We purchased the tv package at Christmas and like it better than dish
facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I have had it for several months now. I previously had Dish. No complaints, it just works. The remote needs to be pointed directly at the box but that is a nit. The new modem needs to be rebooted every couple of weeks but that is also a nit. I have the 50 MBit/sec internet access and it works fine. No cons, just pros.
dish down wrote:
What Are The Pros And Cons?
DmnGmn

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

I just switched from Dish and for the price, I get more with TDS than I did with Dish. I had Dish's Top 200 package, no HD, and no DVR. I get the Top 250 Dish equivalent with TDS TV at a lesser price, DVR and HD included. However, so far, the TV signal has been dropping out during prime time broadcast pretty regularly. Local channels have been going down the most... for about 30 seconds to several minutes at a time almost nightly, but yesterday, I lost all cable programming and only had local channels for about 15 to 20 minutes. That never happened with Dish. It seems like TDS forgot to shield their satellites from solar radiation or something. I miss the preprogrammed timer you could do with Dish, but I suspect that could be added very easily, if one could get a hold of the proper people in the TDS company to suggest it. The code for it wouldn't be difficult at all. I guess I'd need a little bit more time to give a more experienced assessment, but so far, the price and content is better for me.
Cris

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

How does Kingsland Cable get away with all the yard sign but it was illegal until last week to put up political signs? Read the ordnance.
Nate

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Dish and TDS are too expensive. They keep changing the prices, I am on Kingsland Cable and internet, no problems, no contract. I did not get a sign but if I want one, I can have one in my yard, what does the ordinance say? Kingsland Cable sign is not a political sign anyway and they cannot tell me what to put in my yard.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Cris wrote:
How does Kingsland Cable get away with all the yard sign but it was illegal until last week to put up political signs? Read the ordnance.
Kingsland code"

OFF-PREMISE SIGN: A sign which directs attention to a building, profession, product, service, activity, or entertainment not conducted, sold, or offered on the property upon which the sign is located.
A sign permit shall be required for a new business making any changes on an existing sign which has previously been permitted.
According to Kingsland municipal code table A, free standing off premise advertizing signs are not allowed at a residence.

120.11 Off-Premise Advertising. Unless otherwise provided, off-premise signs shall be subject to all of the following requirements in addition to all other applicable requirements of this Ordinance. Where these are in conflict, the following requirements shall apply:
(1) Off-premise advertising shall be limited to freestanding signs and shall only be allowed in the C-4 (Commercial Interchange) District.
(2) Setbacks shall be a minimum twenty (20) feet (vertical line ground distance) from street right-of-way lines and ten (10) feet from side or rear property lines.
(3) All off-premise signs shall be located a minimum of 1,250 feet measured as a radius from any other off-premise sign, regardless of location.
(4) Structural elements of off-premise signs which contain no sign copy, including rear sides of billboards, shall be uniform in color. In Kingsland TDS offers much faster internet and no cluttered up yard signs.
Cris

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Nate wrote:
Dish and TDS are too expensive. They keep changing the prices, I am on Kingsland Cable and internet, no problems, no contract. I did not get a sign but if I want one, I can have one in my yard, what does the ordinance say? Kingsland Cable sign is not a political sign anyway and they cannot tell me what to put in my yard.
Kingsland can and does. Read ordnance.
BTW Kingsland looks like a sign farm.
Those cable signs are there as an advertizing discount. Put one in and you get a discount.
Cris

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Nate wrote:
what does the ordinance say?.
Why not read it?
Cris

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

BobbyTom wrote:
<quoted text>Kingsland code"
OFF-PREMISE SIGN:
According to Kingsland municipal code table A, free standing off premise advertizing signs are not allowed at a residence.
Interesting.
Thomas

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

I'm still happy with DTV

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••