Bookends- Airport Authority-Hospital ...

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#21 Apr 8, 2013
I guess I'll just have to take your word for that Bobbie.
Roul Valhollor

United States

#22 Apr 8, 2013
Authorities using public property/tax revenue and run by city officials as their own private companies for their own gain and profit.
Anon

United States

#23 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I guess I'll just have to take your word for that Bobbie.
Is that the best you can do? Come on, write something sharp and pithy. Put him in his place.

St. Marys, GA

#24 Apr 9, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you can do? Come on, write something sharp and pithy. Put him in his place.
I did but apparently you're not quite sharp enough to get it.
Anon

United States

#25 Apr 9, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did but apparently you're not quite sharp enough to get it.
"I guess I'll just have to take your word for that Bobbie."

I apologize; you are, of course correct. You practically flayed the flesh from his typing fingers with that lightning quick, razor sharp literary riposte. Poor Bobby may never post again after suffering this embarrassment. You have proven, yet again, that your way with words is limited only by your superior intellect.
Truth

United States

#26 Apr 9, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize; you are, of course correct. You practically flayed the flesh from his typing fingers with that lightning quick, razor sharp literary riposte. Poor Bobby may never post again after suffering this embarrassment. You have proven, yet again, that your way with words is limited only by your superior intellect.
PERFECT
Old Union Bull

United States

#27 Apr 9, 2013
We need the type of leadership we had when the mill was here. When someone got too uppity we took care of the problem.
Seriously Mifed

United States

#28 Apr 9, 2013
We need more St Marys Council Persons who have a "special interest" in St Marys owned property and St Marys slush funds.
Bobby

United States

#29 Apr 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that really hurt but I'll be OK. I think Jay makes up names for some people because he is afraid to name them. He seems to be afraid of almost everyone.
Wilbur

United States

#30 Apr 10, 2013
Turtlehead is the name Moreno gave to something he once saw in his lap.
Jorge

Dornsife, PA

#31 Apr 10, 2013
Wilbur wrote:
You're confused; it was minnowhead.
Anon

United States

#32 Apr 10, 2013
Wilbur wrote:
Not a chance. Jay hasn't seen his lap for years. Rumor is he was eating at Aunt B's and lost a pork chop down there. They didn't find it for three days.
WARBI

United States

#33 Apr 10, 2013
The airport authority and the hospital authority shows how bad government can get: a $3,000,000.00 slush fund of public tax revenue and public property used for private gain.

Way to screw the tax payers St Marys.
Squasher

United States

#34 Apr 11, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused; it was minnowhead.
Oh yeah, you're one too!!!
Firethrower

Kingsland, GA

#35 Apr 11, 2013
I can't believe the name of this thread. We,(the citizens of St. Marys) have two coucilmembers that are driven to keep fees and taxes down, to keep Gant's spending (Boathouse) at a minimum, keep Roger Weaver from having volumes of rules for businesses, keep authorities from being out of control and trying to keep Orange Hall from continuing to be a money pit. Yet, because the citizens of St. Marys DON"T SEEM TO CARE…….they have no support and then this toxic wasteland is critical of them.

The citizens of St. Marys are apathetic….
The citizens don't care…
The citizens only vote at a rate of 35%…

Shame…

Let's support the two that work to keep our expenses down and keep our water and sewer rates down.
union bull

United States

#36 Apr 11, 2013
I so order it.
Senior Too

United States

#37 Apr 12, 2013
Anybody want to take a bet on what side the bookends will take on the Hospital Authority slush fund being used to fund the downtown senior club? My bet is since the bookends have a "special interest" in the city airport property and the HA slush fund, they will not be thinking of the interest of 99.9 per cent of the tax payers in St Marys.

Next thing you know, they will want to build a clubhouse on the Gilman Yacht waterfront property for the exculsive use of downtown seniors.

St. Marys, GA

#38 Apr 12, 2013
Firethrower wrote:
I can't believe the name of this thread. We,(the citizens of St. Marys) have two coucilmembers that are driven to keep fees and taxes down, to keep Gant's spending (Boathouse) at a minimum, keep Roger Weaver from having volumes of rules for businesses, keep authorities from being out of control and trying to keep Orange Hall from continuing to be a money pit. Yet, because the citizens of St. Marys DON"T SEEM TO CARE…….they have no support and then this toxic wasteland is critical of them.
The citizens of St. Marys are apathetic….
The citizens don't care…
The citizens only vote at a rate of 35%…
Shame…
Let's support the two that work to keep our expenses down and keep our water and sewer rates down.
You poor old naïve fool.

Those two feckless grandstanders don't really give a rat's ass about anything other than the one's airport contract and the other's wife's salary.
Anon

United States

#39 Apr 12, 2013
Senior Too wrote:
Anybody want to take a bet on what side the bookends will take on the Hospital Authority slush fund being used to fund the downtown senior club? My bet is since the bookends have a "special interest" in the city airport property and the HA slush fund, they will not be thinking of the interest of 99.9 per cent of the tax payers in St Marys.
Next thing you know, they will want to build a clubhouse on the Gilman Yacht waterfront property for the exculsive use of downtown seniors.
I don't get the connection between the senior center and the airport. Please explain.
Sane Government

United States

#40 Apr 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the connection between the senior center and the airport. Please explain.
Draw your own picture and connect the dots. A city council person managing a contract with the city; a city council person who's wife manages the city senior center. Being on council and doing business with the city is not good government. Big questions arise that these council persons are not looking out for the tax payers of St Marys but that they are only on council to protect their own bank accounts?

Time to get the book ends off council.

St Marys' reputation is bad enough without this bad practice.
Has anyone is St Marys ever heard of a conflict of interest?

Maybe you could name another council person who profits from being on council or has a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Please do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stuff that I found interesting but don't really... (Aug '12) 27 min Moreno Jay 193
A comversation about Trump & Russian Hacking 4 hr LonePalm 1
Uncensored DNC Hillary Intro 4 hr LonePalm 1
Trump's not so yuuuge TV ratings per Nielsen 5 hr No Trump 1
Trump not fit to polish McCain's boots! 6 hr Stan 1
Breaking News: Bikers for Hillary are on their ... 6 hr LonePalm 5
Way to go JDA 7 hr Really 42
Black Lives Mater to invade St.Marys this weekend. 8 hr LMAO 305
2016 City Council Election 8 hr Laughing Bob 60

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages