Kings Bay will be hit by Sequestration

Kings Bay will be hit by Sequestration

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

sequestration

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Bend over and hang on here it comes. When Obama is through there will be no Kings Bay. The Base will remain in Democratic New England not in Republican Georgia.
Native

Woodbine, GA

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Good, take them all back.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#3 Jan 3, 2013
But there is no need to rush into additional funding for the JDA and get serious about recruiting new industry.

We MUST hold out for high paying union jobs or no jobs at all!
Wharf Rat

Herndon, PA

#4 Jan 3, 2013
sequestration wrote:
Bend over and hang on here it comes. When Obama is through there will be no Kings Bay. The Base will remain in Democratic New England not in Republican Georgia.
What a wonderful opportunity for industrial development! That place will be the showcase industrial complex in the whole country, what with the deepest water port on the east coast, with rail, good access to i.95, and an airport that will no longer need to be closed! I'm so thrilled to know we have such great potential about to be laid in our laps! HALLELUIAH! THANK YOU JESUS, AND PRESIDENT OBAMA FOR THE BLESSING WE ARE ABOUT TO RECIEVE!

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 Jan 3, 2013
That would be funny were the writer not entirely serious. My only surprise is that he thanked Jesus ahead of his true savior.
Wharf Rat

Herndon, PA

#6 Jan 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
That would be funny were the writer not entirely serious. My only surprise is that he thanked Jesus ahead of his true savior.
Please excuse my error!
Gold Coat

Herndon, PA

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Please take the navy. This would be a blessing.
Really

Herndon, PA

#8 Jan 3, 2013
A blessing to anyone wanting to buy property. Because home values would be worth about 20 dollars a square foot.
Wharf Rat

Herndon, PA

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Really wrote:
A blessing to anyone wanting to buy property. Because home values would be worth about 20 dollars a square foot.
HALLELUIAH! Another blessing! The Gods is smilin on us now! We gonna be able to provide good payin UNION jobs and furnish cheap housin to boot!
Union man

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Jan 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
But there is no need to rush into additional funding for the JDA and get serious about recruiting new industry.
We MUST hold out for high paying union jobs or no jobs at all!
If you want to get good paying jobs you will need the union, As I see it you have two ways to go and neither one will work very well without the union. One is the water (deep water port and barge port) the other is the Space industry and that will require skilled union labor. Don't sell off the union hall just yet.
I heard

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Jan 3, 2013
Yes, we will be hit hard!

Grab your political ankles and get ready to take it up the arss....I am sure Keith Post knows all about that & I am sure he will be sad to see his museum got the wayside.
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

#12 Jan 3, 2013
Defense bill was signed by Obama today. Sequestration will not affect Kings Bay.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/04/us/politics...
Wharf Rat

Herndon, PA

#13 Jan 3, 2013
Redneck wrote:
Defense bill was signed by Obama today. Sequestration will not affect Kings Bay.
OH S***!
Just read

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jan 4, 2013
Redneck wrote:
I just read the article and I did not see anywhere stating that KBAY was being spared...can you explain more on your knowledge?
zontormasterof1

United States

#15 Jan 4, 2013
All the great minds in Camden county will have this place buzzing with ecnomic growth once the darn navy gets out of the way...lol!
Really

Herndon, PA

#16 Jan 4, 2013
zontormasterof1 wrote:
All the great minds in Camden county will have this place buzzing with ecnomic growth once the darn navy gets out of the way...lol!
I know like the Navy is just going to completey abandon the only place to possibly conduct emergent repairs on submarines, no to mention the fact that the Brits own more than half teh equipment. While relocating the majority of assets is feasible wouldn;t it be great for our local economy if we eliminated all those pesky jobs and annoying overpaid sailors and just had a minimal staff to supprt British Sailors a couple of times a year. BRILLIANT!
zontormasterof1

United States

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Yep, camden county was a bustling behive of activity and an enconmic boomtwon before the evil navy came in an ruined the grand plans of all the giants of local industry. I understand at least ten more small businesses were planning to open and compete with Walmart. Another great plan is to continue to attract wealthy retiring northerners that are too stupid to realize that "marsh view" means gnat infested swamp.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, Kingsbay Naval Submarine Base isn't going anywhere. Have you ever heard of strategic placement? Norfolk Naval Shipyard would go away before Kingsbay would even be looked at for a shutdown. You think the taxes in Saint Marys and Kingsland are high now? Get rid of your largest local employer and see what they are then.
quietus

Saint Marys, GA

#19 Jan 5, 2013
So Kings Bay too will seek a remedy beneath the BRACK and receive our quietus for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poor Ospreyite heads for Canada 2 hr Caped Crusader 2
New two-story retail center planned 4 hr Dog and Pony show 1
Camden County Leadership 8 hr Real Estate Cartel 3
Sarah Sanders shuts down CNN star Jim Acosta's ... 17 hr Laughing at You 3
A Man with a Big Best Beutiful Plan Mon Russian collusion BS 2
St Marys City Hall Mon Quick Draw 34
Obamacare Open Enrollment 11/1 - 12/15/17 Mon Again 6

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance