Dolphin Auto Sales
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
awondrin

Inola, OK

#1 Oct 2, 2009
Has anyone had any dealing with Dolphin Auto Sales, either purchasing a car or having mechanical work done? If so how was your experience? I am looking at a vehicle there, but have heard mixed reviews.
humorous

Kingsland, GA

#2 Oct 3, 2009
I've bought two cars from Atlantic Auto and always had good experiences there. I would go there or head out of town...
Helicopter

North Anson, ME

#3 Oct 3, 2009
humorous wrote:
I've bought two cars from Atlantic Auto and always had good experiences there. I would go there or head out of town...
Nothing but good reports on Atlantic Auto.
nicholas

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2009
dalphin auto sucks its a scam.........go see jolean at atlantic auto brokers
SUBDOC

United States

#5 Nov 1, 2009
I agree. I have three from her.
Fatboy

United States

#6 Nov 2, 2009
Hey Nicholas,
You funny child you,..nose to toes little guy. Now spell after me...D-O-L-P-H-I-N!!!
sEE HOW EASY IT IS!???
Out-of-towner

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Nov 3, 2009
Last I checked, Dolphin Autos is pretty crooked. I'm not going to air all thier dirty laundry since I don't know it all first-hand and I don't want to put out false info, but what I do know is he's got some heavy bills to pay. Theres that, plus from my experience-his mechanics are pretty low-grade. I mean, he MAY have got some decent ones recently, but I'd be cautious.

There's other good shops to go to around town though. Just look for the smaller shops that have been around for a while. They must be doing something right to have lasted so long, ya know?
Out-of-towner

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Nov 3, 2009
As far as Atlantic-GREAT reputation. Just great. I dealt with them, and even though I didn't end up getting a vehicle-they are awesome. Just...wow.
Anonymus in St Marys

Anderson, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2009
humorous wrote:
I've bought two cars from Atlantic Auto and always had good experiences there. I would go there or head out of
town...
I agree, no problem with Atlantic Auto, we purchased when they were located on Spur 40 and named Sunshine Auto. We purchased from them and had no problems, excellent buying. If I was in the need to purchase a used vehicle I would definitely go see them again. We dealt with Neal Sr then and he still is there. Go see him.
MeToo

Inola, OK

#10 Nov 4, 2009
I just got burned by Dolphin. Paid almost $2,000 for a motor repair. It was never right and we took it back 3 times. Now the motor is blown after less than 1,000 miles. They will do nothing about it as they say it is my fault that I must have driven the car hot. NEVER happened! Nada! No way! Now the car is just sitting in my yard because I don't have another $2,000 to have it repaired again by an honest mechanic! Buyer Beware! I also hear he is over his head with debt so maybe this helped him out just a little bit.
Hereforyou

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Nov 4, 2009
MeToo-Go talk to Larry at L&D transmission. Just tell him what happened with John at Dolphin. Trust me on this. I had my car in to Dolphin a while back. First off-it took him 3 weeks to research how to fix my car...and he still couldn't figure it out. Then-he told me it would be ok to drive it as long as I just took it easy and stayed with the st marys speed limits. So I drove it home, and then to work the next day. Sure enough, I pull into my parking spot and I have trannyfluid all over the place. This guy doesn't know what he's doing. He's a nice guy, and even loaned me one of his cars while he had mine. So I'll give him that. But he's still got his own agenda. I heard he has something like 7 lawsuits against him.
Hereforyou

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Nov 4, 2009
Oh yea, L&D is right accross from wal-mart on Kings Bay Rd.
awondrin

Inola, OK

#13 Nov 4, 2009
Thank you for all your replies! I will definitly stay away from Dolphin...looks like he may be out of business anyway, but not sure.
metoo2

Inola, OK

#14 Nov 4, 2009
I was reading over the topix and realized there was already a MeToo so I decided I might need to change mine up a bit to save on confusion.

Thank you hereforyou, I am familiar with L&D and will check with Larry.
Shell O

United States

#15 Nov 18, 2009
I agree Dolphin auto is the WORST, took our car there he said we needed a new transmition (husband was out to sea) so I took his word for it ( i later told people the problems and they said no way) anyways said it would be done on a Tuesday and then no call so I called Wednesday and they said oh it will be done Thursday and AGAIN no Call so I called again Finally got my car the following tuesday. When I got there it was 500 more then he had said, when I asked about it he said oh there was something else it needed so I put it on to make sure that was the part and it was, if you want me to take it off I will, we went out to the car and I said well what do I do if the check engine light comes on he said Oh bring it back, I SAID ITS ON NOW!!!!!!! he said oh I will need to keep it longer then ahhhhhhhh Long story short my car has never ran the same I have tried to get it back in there and he says its not the problem, he worked on so he would charge me. Took it down to the place accros from FUJIS so much better, and PS the owner at Dolphins auto is RUDE RUDE RUDE
Hereforyou

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Nov 18, 2009
First off...not sure why this thing has me listed as st paul. I'm definantly in St Marys. lol

As sad as I am to hear about that, I'm not really suprised either. As prior NAVY, the owner(John) should know what it means to take care of service members and their families. I think he plays the card to gain trust and then pulls a switcharoo at the last min. Guys like him are what make us regular mechanics look bad. Not all of us mechanics are as shady as him-promise!
looking around

Inola, OK

#17 Nov 20, 2009
Hereforyou wrote:
First off...not sure why this thing has me listed as st paul. I'm definantly in St Marys. lol
As sad as I am to hear about that, I'm not really suprised either. As prior NAVY, the owner(John) should know what it means to take care of service members and their families. I think he plays the card to gain trust and then pulls a switcharoo at the last min. Guys like him are what make us regular mechanics look bad. Not all of us mechanics are as shady as him-promise!
ok hereforyou can you give me a hint where you work? I am in the market for a good mechanic. I understand if you don't want to give your ID away, but maybe we can figure out something.
hereforyou

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Nov 21, 2009
I work on base. If you want a good mechanic, I'd go to L&D Transmission. I go there to get my warranty work done. I've paid him to do things before and have my friends go there all the time. Very fair with his prices. He does more than just transmissions. I can't really think of too much he doesn't do.
uptonogood

Waynesboro, TN

#19 Dec 1, 2009
Atlantic Auto Brokers is the place to go. I've always got a fair deal and a good price. No hassles, no problems. Different story at Dolphin. He's a jerk
alapaha

United States

#20 Dec 1, 2009
oh really

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake news at it's best 14 min Bo knows Trump 5
Boycott ALL NFL Games 28 min Rocky Top 1
Please take a knee 41 min LonePalm 11
Terry Bradshw rips into clownboy (as he should) 42 min Moving forward 3
Private Money for SPACEPORT 2 hr Donot Worry Be Happy 11
Tenn Church Shooting Not Racial 3 hr True Hero 2
Our Lying Government 3 hr K Street Rules 1

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance