Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5290 Mar 27, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
Well while the great republicans on this post stew, jerk, and whine, I will enjoy the next 3 years 10 months knowing that they are so upset. Get my government check next wednesday for which I have been paying into the system for 45 years, and knowing f-up republicans will not be able to Euthanize( Privatize) the system. Thanks again to our president who will see to it we are covered under Medicare and Medicaid. Also I am expecting a slight Cost Of Living pay increase next January. Now about mitt and his b-tch wishing they could of had a chance at America's financial wealth? Ain't gonna happen in my lifetime.
Your post made me burst out laughing. You make a bucket of rocks seem smart.

On the sad side, you have NO IDEA what you are heading for.

Location hidden

#5291 Mar 27, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
Well while the great republicans on this post stew, jerk, and whine, I will enjoy the next 3 years 10 months knowing that they are so upset. Get my government check next wednesday for which I have been paying into the system for 45 years, and knowing f-up republicans will not be able to Euthanize( Privatize) the system. Thanks again to our president who will see to it we are covered under Medicare and Medicaid. Also I am expecting a slight Cost Of Living pay increase next January. Now about mitt and his b-tch wishing they could of had a chance at America's financial wealth? Ain't gonna happen in my lifetime.
I truly don't know of anyone who is stewing about all of this. Most people I know are concerned, but were/are prepared financially, etc. So, sorry to rain on your parade. I DO feel a bit sorry for you, though. You are eaten up with bitterness and envy. Sad.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#5292 Mar 27, 2013
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/study-healt...

Maybe this link will be some proof of what is about to come.

Location hidden

#5293 Mar 27, 2013
Glorya wrote:
http://www.washingtonguardian. com/study-health-overhaul-rais e-claims-cost-32-pct-1
Maybe this link will be some proof of what is about to come.
The low information, uninformed voters won't believe this. They are living in some kind of bubble. For whatever reason, they are convinced they will be immune to all of this. Pretty incredible.
Thanks for the link.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#5294 Mar 27, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Many people think that there should be term limits to stop this political corruption. I used to think that was a good idea but have rethought the whole idea.
Yes these politicians are liars and are corrupted but the people put them in office again and again, knowing what morals and ethics they have. The politician should be blamed for being an unethical liar and possible thief, but the voters put him in there and it is the voters responsibility to vote him out. That is the American way. It is not up to the politicians to educate the ignorant masses of voters so that they will pick the right man for the office. Politicians get away with everything because of ignorant and naive voters.
I also think that if the politicians are corrupt they will just find a way will steal twice as much in two terms as they would steal in three or four terms. That is just their greedy , immoral, unethical nature.
To think that a two term limit would change things is probably a false assumption.
We the public look for what is wrong in our leaders, rather then what is right. The media loves the trash. We idealize then devalue. People are complicated. We all have strengths and limitations. We have things that are great about us, and we have our personal failings. Why do we think politicians or athletes are immune from being humans?
2. Politicians are televised. Jimmy Carter didn't have much television presence. Perhaps that is why he got so much credit as being the best "ex president". He was off camera.
3. FDR was elected for four terms. He wouldn't make it for one, with polio today, in a wheelchair.
4. Ronald Reagan was hugely popular. He was a great orator.
5. Why don't we have checks and balances so that the stealing doesn't happen. It seems like land deals back door is how so many of them become wealthy. What price are we the people paying for no checks and balances? We focus on foodstamp fraud. Piddly compared to the dollars stolen at the top. We are focussing on somebody who might be ripping off the system at 100 a month, while ignoring those stealing millions from the taxpayer. I don't get it.
6. If we could get out of this "democrat"/ "republican" labeling, maybe we could actually get something done again.
7. It takes money, but we are paying a very heavy price by placing money at the top of the list of what we value. We have moved away from our core values.
8. People don't get involved. We are trained that the only people with voices are lawyers.
Man in Plaid

Sylacauga, AL

#5295 Mar 27, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Well, Columbus Native is still mostly full of nonsense, I see.
- 67% non Republican? Than how did Romney get 48% of the vote - surprise, surprise, your numbers don't add up
- However, you are absolutely right that Gingrich let the 1994 incoming freshman Republicans down when he backed a 12 year term limit plan that went nowhere, instead of the 6-8 year limit that they wanted. Can't argue with you there.
- Don't worry about Republicans "euthanizing" "the system", worry more about Democrats pushing euthanasia for the elderly - that is far more likely. Remember Obama's suggestion for the 100 year old woman whose doctor said her only hope was a pacemaker that "maybe she would be better off taking a pain killer."
- so explain your vulgar comment about Mrs. Romney who from all appearances is a woman of character and grace who raised 5 sons. The Romneys gave away in charity far more than the Clintons, Gores, Bidens, and Obamas combined. Democrats are the ones who come into office with nothing and than parlay it into millions.
So am I mad, yes. I am mad that 51% of those that voted were too uninformed or too partisan to realize the disaster that putting Obama back in office could be for this country.
Sadly, many of those within this fifty-one percent don't care if the country falls off a cliff as long as they get their checks on schedule.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#5296 Mar 27, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The low information, uninformed voters won't believe this. They are living in some kind of bubble. For whatever reason, they are convinced they will be immune to all of this. Pretty incredible.
Thanks for the link.
I didn't read all 111 comments, most are FED UP & upset & wonder how it came to this.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#5297 Mar 27, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
We the public look for what is wrong in our leaders, rather then what is right. The media loves the trash. We idealize then devalue. People are complicated. We all have strengths and limitations. We have things that are great about us, and we have our personal failings. Why do we think politicians or athletes are immune from being humans?
2. Politicians are televised. Jimmy Carter didn't have much television presence. Perhaps that is why he got so much credit as being the best "ex president". He was off camera.
3. FDR was elected for four terms. He wouldn't make it for one, with polio today, in a wheelchair.
5. Why don't we have checks and balances so that the stealing doesn't happen. It seems like land deals back door is how so many of them become wealthy. What price are we the people paying for no checks and balances? We focus on foodstamp fraud. Piddly compared to the dollars stolen at the top. We are focussing on somebody who might be ripping off the system at 100 a month, while ignoring those stealing millions from the taxpayer. I don't get it.
6. If we could get out of this "democrat"/ "republican" labeling, maybe we could actually get something done again.
7. It takes money, but we are paying a very heavy price by placing money at the top of the list of what we value. We have moved away from our core values.
8. People don't get involved. We are trained that the only people with voices are lawyers.
Why don't we have checks and balances? The answer is obvious. The people making the laws are the ones that make the checks and balances. They give themselves pay raises and every perk that one can think of. By doing that the taxpayer is giving them everything that they want. They have control over the news media which fails to inform the public just what rotten things these politicians have done.
Yes, we are being striped of money but the far worse thing is that we are being striped of our freedom.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#5298 Mar 27, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
number 6 on your list would be number one on mine.

Douglasville, GA

#5299 Mar 27, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
@Man in Plaid - Great post.
When the only outlets for information were newspapers and network television, there truly was a monopoly on information outlets and the public was pretty much at the mercy of the ideology of those who ran the newspapers and networks. These were and are dominated by those with leftward leanings. With the rise of talk radio - which I happily agree does lean right, a different view point was readily available for the first time. But most importantly of all, the internet has made information available for any who want it and are willing to do a little work. You still have to deal with the possible slant that may exist on what you find on the net, but there is also information available that is strictly factual with no inherent bias. You can find out exactly what tax revenue the govt receives and who pays it. You can find out the percentages of people in a state that supported a candidate. You can read opinions straight from the source rather than going through someone else's filter. It may still not be fool proof, but never has an individual been able to school themselves on a subject with such ease.
As to your points about career politicians on both sides of the aisle - couldn't agree more. Which is why I would love to see term limits. Let's get back to what the Founders envisioned - citizen legislators who SERVED for a period of time and then went back to the real world.
I don't know if you have noticed or not but the internet is being cleaned. It used to be there were many facts on it that showed different points of views but now it is getting like the nightly news. Go to one site and read it and then you are looking for a different angle on a story but they are all written by the same person. Many of the different sites now use the same story, word for word. Just as the news media has been doing. The story is the same and the words are identical right from the White House.
For example just look up almost anything on Obama and the same stories will be on site after site. You will probably not find anything on the legitimate web pertaining to him that is not been cleaned. I was looking up communism the other night and I was shocked to see how all the sites made communism look like it was a great idea. I have seen stories that have come out and within an hour or two disappear because they had something in them that the government or this administration didn't want you to see. Even the web is being censured right in front of your eyes.
This is the last piece of the puzzle that must be controlled to complete the new agenda. Almost all the news that is now being put on the web, which is more than tv, is approved by the higher powers to be. There are a few rouge news media outlets but even Fox pretty much goes along with the flow since a couple of years ago.
I have seen people starting to make a controversial statement on Fox and the station would go off the air for about a minute until that comment was over. This has happened several times lately.
With censorship the masses will always be ignorant. Even this site deletes controversial statements. I think this is the new norm.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5300 Mar 27, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>number 6 on your list would be number one on mine.
would that be 'cuz u can't count past 3?
Free From TV

Dawsonville, GA

#5301 Mar 27, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you have noticed or not but the internet is being cleaned. It used to be there were many facts on it that showed different points of views but now it is getting like the nightly news. Go to one site and read it and then you are looking for a different angle on a story but they are all written by the same person. Many of the different sites now use the same story, word for word. Just as the news media has been doing. The story is the same and the words are identical right from the White House.
For example just look up almost anything on Obama and the same stories will be on site after site. You will probably not find anything on the legitimate web pertaining to him that is not been cleaned. I was looking up communism the other night and I was shocked to see how all the sites made communism look like it was a great idea. I have seen stories that have come out and within an hour or two disappear because they had something in them that the government or this administration didn't want you to see. Even the web is being censured right in front of your eyes.
This is the last piece of the puzzle that must be controlled to complete the new agenda. Almost all the news that is now being put on the web, which is more than tv, is approved by the higher powers to be. There are a few rouge news media outlets but even Fox pretty much goes along with the flow since a couple of years ago.
I have seen people starting to make a controversial statement on Fox and the station would go off the air for about a minute until that comment was over. This has happened several times lately.
With censorship the masses will always be ignorant. Even this site deletes controversial statements. I think this is the new norm.

Forget TV news.
Try these.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government

http://cnsnews.com/

http://www.wnd.com/

And for some indepth.

http://themonkeycage.org/

Lots of info out on the net.

Douglasville, GA

#5302 Mar 27, 2013
Free From TV wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget TV news.
Try these.
http://www.drudgereport.com/
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government
http://cnsnews.com/
http://www.wnd.com/
And for some indepth.
http://themonkeycage.org/
Lots of info out on the net.
I have been using most of them and more for years. That is about it, and sometimes stories suddenly disappear on them. All stories must be taken with a grain of salt.
domino

Newnan, GA

#5303 Mar 27, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been using most of them and more for years. That is about it, and sometimes stories suddenly disappear on them. All stories must be taken with a grain of salt.
Personally, I am surprised Fox News is still on the air. I remember a couple of years back, Obama made the statement he wanted Fox news done away with.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#5304 Mar 27, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
would that be 'cuz u can't count past 3?
6 is past 3,ain't is 'cuz'? may b u should monitor mo closely.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#5305 Mar 28, 2013
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I am surprised Fox News is still on the air. I remember a couple of years back, Obama made the statement he wanted Fox news done away with.
George Soros's dream came true when Glenn Beck was axed. That pacified them for awhile.

Douglasville, GA

#5306 Mar 28, 2013
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
That is when Fox changed its format and quit giving away state secrets. They had to conform or be kicked off the air. They are still better than CNN.
SpicyChickn

Decatur, GA

#5307 Mar 28, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen stories that have come out and within an hour or two disappear because they had something in them that the government or this administration didn't want you to see. Even the web is being censured right in front of your eyes.
This is the last piece of the puzzle that must be controlled to complete the new agenda. Almost all the news that is now being put on the web, which is more than tv, is approved by the higher powers to be.
Great Googley-Moogley!!!111!!

You are every bit as paranoid and dense as you are hard-headed.
SpicyChickn

Decatur, GA

#5308 Mar 28, 2013
BigDummy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is when Fox changed its format and quit giving away state secrets. They had to conform or be kicked off the air.
You just don't give a crappola about whether what you say is true and factual, do you?

Douglasville, GA

#5309 Mar 28, 2013
SpicyChickn wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't give a crappola about whether what you say is true and factual, do you?
How do you know? You don't watch Fox. I have watched Fox for years and noticed immediately when they throttled back on the hot news stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"French" it ain't. 1 hr Keith Stone 8
Woodbine needs to Pay for Police and Fire prtec... 2 hr RNeck 14
SMPD Five New Police Trucks 2 hr RNeck 11
Moreno's Public Endorsements 2 hr Bob 101
US Troops Do not want to go to Ebola Africa 3 hr jharv 9
MORONO's Campaign Literature 4 hr LonePalm 12
Spanking 5 hr Political Traveler 1
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs