Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

Comments (Page 174)

Showing posts 3,461 - 3,480 of39,406
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
driving me nuts

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3723
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE
Then when you least expect it rush you. The perfect gun for this is a double barrel shotgun. I think Bidens statement was the best advice you could give.

I'm surprised you being from S Ga as I am that you believe a double barrel is perfect weapon for this when you must agree that a shotgun with more shell capcity is better. Heck, I miss the bird on the first shot sometimes and I'm glad I've got at least two more chances and I'm not nervous when I'm shooting a bird. Even better is a shotgun with more than 3 shells in case there's two of 'em.
And all this shoot up in the air business is what I thought was nutty when you've only got 2 shells.
One other thing's for sure, if you shoot someone they better be in your house or you'll have more trouble than you can handle. the word "you" meaning all of us not OMTE specifically.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3724
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

driving me nuts wrote:
"the mis quoted greatest generation ever, which they were'nt"
I don't get the "mis quoted" part of your post.
If not the depression/WWII genration then which generation, outside the founding fathers generation would you pick as the greatest?
How about those that came over here in 1492 in 3 small boats and endured Indian fighters, starvation until they could last long enough to form a town. 45% of them died the first year. Now ask most people 50 and up who had the so-called greatest generation parents and most will tell you that he father was a drunk.abusive, and controlling and mother was usaually a door mat. The thought their chit did'nt stink and never admitted they had many bi-bolar,psychotic, ptsd, Obsessive compulsive disorder people among themselves. See as long as you don't admit anything was wrong it never did nor ever happened. They were a sick bunch who lived in denial. Now Tom Brokaw made a bunch of money writing a book with this term but I guarantee most of us ain't buying it.
LOL

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3725
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The White Raven wrote:
I won't just a$$ume anybody is who they claim to be.
Thank you. Now I can rest easy knowing my true identity is safe.

Batman
driving me nuts

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3726
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>How about those that came over here in 1492 in 3 small boats and endured Indian fighters, starvation until they could last long enough to form a town. 45% of them died the first year. Now ask most people 50 and up who had the so-called greatest generation parents and most will tell you that he father was a drunk.abusive, and controlling and mother was usaually a door mat. The thought their chit did'nt stink and never admitted they had many bi-bolar,psychotic, ptsd, Obsessive compulsive disorder people among themselves. See as long as you don't admit anything was wrong it never did nor ever happened. They were a sick bunch who lived in denial. Now Tom Brokaw made a bunch of money writing a book with this term but I guarantee most of us ain't buying it.
unbelievablly rediculous. not that you don't agree with me, i could care less about that, but just your thoughts. wierd.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3727
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE wrote:
They're crazy doomsday preppers. There is no amount of research that will help them.
Why do you CARE if others want to be prepared IN CASE there is a catastrophe? The good news is....if something happens, some of us WILL be prepared. Those of you who so arrogantly laugh and criticize us won't be and you'll be up sh*t creek. Perhaps "Grasshopper" would be a better ID for you and those like you. Think about it.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3728
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fools on board wrote:
All this sounds like the end of the world talk spread by Little Davey, also known as The Mountains Voice. Looks like Little D has changed his name once again and is talking gloom and doom.
I know BigDave, but I don't know White Raven. I DO know that they aren't the same person.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3729
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE wrote:
I wish IO would come up with a entertaining little story like he has in the past to show you just how stupid you are. I for one am not that creative and only want to slap and shake you to get you to see how stupid you sound. These rich right wing dummies have already destroyed this country and all that is going on now is damage control.
Exactly how many flavors does that koolaid you are mainlining come in?

Obama has done a NUMBER on YOU.(His plan is working. Gotta give him that.)

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3730
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>That's the smartest dam statement you've made thus far. Bravo. I'm proud of you.
Well, then that makes him one up on YOU.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3731
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with him fully. You need either close friends or family members and defineatelty outside major cities. This may never happen but Congress and the President have a nice comfortable well stocked compound located in the West Virginia mountains. It's been there since the cold war. Off course they will feed themselves well and be surrounded by well armed well fed Marines so they are not to worried if it does happen.
I agree with both of you.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3732
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

driving me nuts wrote:
OMTE
Then when you least expect it rush you. The perfect gun for this is a double barrel shotgun. I think Bidens statement was the best advice you could give.
I'm surprised you being from S Ga as I am that you believe a double barrel is perfect weapon for this when you must agree that a shotgun with more shell capcity is better. Heck, I miss the bird on the first shot sometimes and I'm glad I've got at least two more chances and I'm not nervous when I'm shooting a bird. Even better is a shotgun with more than 3 shells in case there's two of 'em.
And all this shoot up in the air business is what I thought was nutty when you've only got 2 shells.
One other thing's for sure, if you shoot someone they better be in your house or you'll have more trouble than you can handle. the word "you" meaning all of us not OMTE specifically.
If I understand the meaning of your last two sentences, you are wrong. The person doesn't have to be in your house. I always thought that, too. In the last gun safety class I took, I asked that specific question. The teacher said if you feel your life is threatened, you can shoot. You don't have to drag that person into your house. It's a myth. If I misunderstood your meaning, sorry.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3733
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

driving me nuts wrote:
OMTE
Then when you least expect it rush you. The perfect gun for this is a double barrel shotgun. I think Bidens statement was the best advice you could give.
I'm surprised you being from S Ga as I am that you believe a double barrel is perfect weapon for this when you must agree that a shotgun with more shell capcity is better. Heck, I miss the bird on the first shot sometimes and I'm glad I've got at least two more chances and I'm not nervous when I'm shooting a bird. Even better is a shotgun with more than 3 shells in case there's two of 'em.
And all this shoot up in the air business is what I thought was nutty when you've only got 2 shells.
One other thing's for sure, if you shoot someone they better be in your house or you'll have more trouble than you can handle. the word "you" meaning all of us not OMTE specifically.
Yeah, but when you're talking about a child or woman trying to load or pump a shotgun could spell disaster. I shot a doe and a yearling that were about 5ft apart with a double barrel and dropped both of them. If people are rushing my house for food and supplies I'd think that getting in trouble for blasting them down will be the last thing on my mind and I ain't shooting in the air I promise you. Biden was talking to parent magazine. Did you expect him to say hunny go out on the back porch and blast em?
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3734
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how many flavors does that koolaid you are mainlining come in?
Obama has done a NUMBER on YOU.(His plan is working. Gotta give him that.)
When you say koolaid are kinda being racist? I'm just asking?
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3735
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Try, just for fun, just try, doing a little research.
Biden is "bullet proof" because he's an honest guy saying honest things.
People love him because he overcame horrible personal tragedies with dignity and courage.
He has been a moral leader by example - not words.
His success as a Father is demonstrated by his son's service to our country.
He has not used the power entrusted to him to amass even a small amount of wealth. After all these years his personal wealth is startlingly small.
You only make yourself smaller when you attack Biden as a person.
Disagree with his positions all you want, but I challenge anyone to show they have demonstrated more selflessness, courage, overcome more personal tragedies, and always been there for family and country.
It's sad when Right Wingers worship war criminal who looted the country, and attack a decent hard-working guy just trying to repair the damage.
Boring.
driving me nuts

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3736
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I understand the meaning of your last two sentences, you are wrong. The person doesn't have to be in your house. I always thought that, too. In the last gun safety class I took, I asked that specific question. The teacher said if you feel your life is threatened, you can shoot. You don't have to drag that person into your house. It's a myth. If I misunderstood your meaning, sorry.
you understood it just fine. I wonder if we'd have a problem proving how it was that we felt threatened if a person is shot outside? not planning anything :) but it sure would make me nervous.
Clarify

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3738
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I understand the meaning of your last two sentences, you are wrong. The person doesn't have to be in your house. I always thought that, too. In the last gun safety class I took, I asked that specific question. The teacher said if you feel your life is threatened, you can shoot. You don't have to drag that person into your house. It's a myth. If I misunderstood your meaning, sorry.
YOU'D better damn well be able to prove your life was threatened AND that you could not retreat before you go blasting away on the street or even in your front yard in Georgia! If you can't, you can be charged with manslaughter.

FYI - The "Castle Doctrine" applies in Georgia as it does everywhere else, but we do NOT have a "Kill Thy Neighbor" law like Florida.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3739
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Clarify wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'D better damn well be able to prove your life was threatened AND that you could not retreat before you go blasting away on the street or even in your front yard in Georgia! If you can't, you can be charged with manslaughter.
FYI - The "Castle Doctrine" applies in Georgia as it does everywhere else, but we do NOT have a "Kill Thy Neighbor" law like Florida.
I'm just telling you what the instructor of the gun safety class told us. The class was held at the Sheriff's Department and some type of law enforcement person taught the class. I asked specifically if it was true that if you shot someone outside the door of your home, should you drag them inside as we've all been told. He said absolutely not. If you feel your life is being threatened, you can shoot. He said nothing about retreating. It's all about feeling threatened. I know that sounds as if that leaves a lot of room for problems, but that is what the class was taught. My guess is that if you are a respectable person and a three times arrested burgler gets shot outside your home, law enforcement is more than likely going to believe your version of the story.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3740
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>When you say koolaid are kinda being racist? I'm just asking?
Well, now THAT'S a new one. lol Koolaid is racist. I must repeat that one to the world at large.
driving me nuts

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3741
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Biden was talking to parent magazine. Did you expect him to say hunny go out on the back porch and blast em?

it's bad advice cause alot of those people don't know didley about a gun so they hear this guy give that kind of advice and they'll be dumb enough to follow it.
And yes that exactly what he should have told "hunny" to do!
Clarify

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3742
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

driving me nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
you understood it just fine. I wonder if we'd have a problem proving how it was that we felt threatened if a person is shot outside? not planning anything :) but it sure would make me nervous.
That's a touchy subject. IF a weapon is found (a knife or gun) with his or her prints on it, then you are less likely to have a problem.

Law enforcement has long had an answer to that; they kept an "eraser" under the front seat, a small gun that can't be traced by paperwork. If the person turned out to be unarmed, that weapon was put in his or her cold, dead hand, to put their prints on it, thus saving days of filling out paperwork.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3744
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

driving me nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
you understood it just fine. I wonder if we'd have a problem proving how it was that we felt threatened if a person is shot outside? not planning anything :) but it sure would make me nervous.
I know. The instructor didn't seem concerned about it. He just said it was a myth that a person had better drag someone inside.

FYI, we also learned that if you hear a strange noise(like a person rumaging around) inside your house, DON'T go looking for whatever is making the noise. You should arm yourself and hide, but not hide so that you CAN'T SEE if an intruder enters the room where you are.(You may already know this. Just passing it on.) Aim for the chest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,461 - 3,480 of39,406
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
So called homeless at WalMart lot exit 18 min Cher 8
America lost? 2 hr The Dude 10
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary 3 hr bi-polar 2
When will voters have their chance Consolidatio... 3 hr Mr Spock 3
an inconvenient rancher 3 hr bi-polar 4
Voter Fraud - not 4 hr Dr_Lecter 36
A Lack of Consensus 6 hr Viet Vet 1
•••

Rip Current Statement for Camden County was issued at April 18 at 6:10PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs

•••
•••
•••

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••