No black Republicans because of this

No black Republicans because of this

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

Anon

Herndon, PA

#1 Feb 11, 2013
There are virtually no black Republicans for a variety of understandable reasons, i.e., racism, bigotry, open discrimination, etc., just to name a few. And what drives it all? Republican leadership from the top down of course.

Here's a good example from our own state as reported by PeachPundit.com , a conservative website. The subject of the article is Michael McNeely, Chairman of the Georgia Black Republican Council, and yes, he's black.

"Michael McNeely, announced candidate for 1st Vice Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, went to his county’s precinct mass meeting this past Saturday, but apparently there was some shabby behavior lead by Douglas County Republican Party board member Jack Gamel to shut McNeely out of the process according to 3rd Vice Chairman Brian Tolar:

At the Mirror Lake precinct table today, Douglas County GOP Board Member Jack Gamel led an effort to refuse Michael McNeely (a strong conservative and 1st Vice-Chair of the Douglas County GOP) a precinct delegate spot. There were 15 delegate slots available and only five people present, yet Jack insisted in his action. Jack’s petty old white man politics targeted one of the rising African American stars of Georgia and National GOP leaders. By a 3-2 vote, Jack’s efforts were successful."

Read more: http://www.peachpundit.com/2013/02/10/chairma...
Hmm

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Feb 11, 2013
Anon wrote:
There are virtually no black Republicans for a variety of understandable reasons, i.e., racism, bigotry, open discrimination, etc., just to name a few. And what drives it all? Republican leadership from the top down of course.
Here's a good example from our own state as reported by PeachPundit.com , a conservative website. The subject of the article is Michael McNeely, Chairman of the Georgia Black Republican Council, and yes, he's black.
"Michael McNeely, announced candidate for 1st Vice Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, went to his county’s precinct mass meeting this past Saturday, but apparently there was some shabby behavior lead by Douglas County Republican Party board member Jack Gamel to shut McNeely out of the process according to 3rd Vice Chairman Brian Tolar:
At the Mirror Lake precinct table today, Douglas County GOP Board Member Jack Gamel led an effort to refuse Michael McNeely (a strong conservative and 1st Vice-Chair of the Douglas County GOP) a precinct delegate spot. There were 15 delegate slots available and only five people present, yet Jack insisted in his action. Jack’s petty old white man politics targeted one of the rising African American stars of Georgia and National GOP leaders. By a 3-2 vote, Jack’s efforts were successful."
So what needs to be done? Herman Cain was pushed.
Truth is

United States

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Republicans truly have no desire to have an inclusive party. However they do want to win the White House! This will never happen again as long as the racist on the ground (like JimStein) are allowed to dictate. Believe it or not the same thing happened here in Camden last year against Ron Paul supporters.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Paulbots come in all colors and they are all nuts.
It's simple, really.
Anon

United States

#6 Feb 12, 2013
After reading the link in post 1, ugggghhh! So sad racism is still prevelant in 2013.

Jay he is NOT a tea partier nor a Paulbots. He is a very successful, intelligent black man who has been very active in the Republican party.

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Herman Cain was my first choice for the Republican nomination.

I still think he is the best qualified to fix the country's financial problems.

“Don't let em take ur liberties”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
After reading the link in post 1, ugggghhh! So sad racism is still prevelant in 2013.
Jay he is NOT a tea partier nor a Paulbots. He is a very successful, intelligent black man who has been very active in the Republican party.
Next election, I will vote for the "White" candidate.

“Don't let em take ur liberties”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Now I am sure many want to jump on me for being racist but, how many of your friends voted for Obama because he is black?
Anon

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Political Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Next election, I will vote for the "White" candidate.
Why make a announcement? I'm sure you've never voted any other way.
Paul Fan

Kingsland, GA

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Paulbots come in all colors and they are all nuts.
It's simple, really.
Moreno the reasonabale RINO speaks.
Trucker

Herndon, PA

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
Tell us Anon, what book or who says we've got to open up our party to just anybody? There are lots of types of people I don't want in my party. In fact, if their in, my wife and I are out. And we won't be going alone either.
Travis Dawan

Jackson, GA

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us Anon, what book or who says we've got to open up our party to just anybody? There are lots of types of people I don't want in my party. In fact, if their in, my wife and I are out. And we won't be going alone either.
And what type of people are those? The republican party was started ass a party for the so called outcasts and free thinkers. We accept everyone
Travis Dawan

Jackson, GA

#14 Feb 14, 2013
You have my name, if you would like to meet and debate please feel free
Jessica

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 25, 2013
the issue with Michael McNeely was resolved, he is seated as a Delegate to his county convention and the STATE CHAIR stated that the actions in his precinct were wrong and unjust. The fact is he is a prominant member of the Republican Party and he deserved to be a part of the county convention process as a delegate HE DID SHOW UP, more than what I can say for many people who call themselves Republican but cannot seem to get up on a Saturday morning and come to the conventions and be a part of the process. As for the Paulbots having the same thing happen, YES it did happen, and some situations were dealt with, others not so much. the main problem there was that the Ron Paul supporters had not been INVOVLVED for anything else other than the convention cycle, this year the remaining Paulbots who have stayed and been involved int he party are and have been welcomed with open arms for the most part. Honestly I am not happy that this happened to Michael it was unjust and unfair but it did shed light on an issue, which is the GOP will never grow by shutting out good and willing people who want the same things that the PARTY stands for, it is not the party of the old white man, it is for everyone! That is something that the Republican party at large needs to be reminded of, and that is why so many people turn away from the Republican party. Read what the Republican party actually stands for, it is for us ALL.
bubba131

Calhoun City, MS

#16 Feb 25, 2013
Of course the blacks prefer the Democratic party!!
They get more free goodies from them in exchange for their vote...
duh....
Camden County

Kingsland, GA

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Jessica wrote:
... it is not the party of the old white man, it is for everyone!
Well it's sure as hell not here in Camden County, Georgia. Just drop by one of our meetings or feeds and you'll see and hear different.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#18 Mar 14, 2013
Gosh, if only the New York Republican party would reach out to these upstanding, young, Black savages. Shame on those Republicans!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/7-nypd-bu...
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#19 Mar 14, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Gosh, if only the New York Republican party would reach out to these upstanding, young, Black savages. Shame on those Republicans!
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/7-nypd-bu...
Actually, it's racist bigots like you, combined with destructive policies that keep black citizens out of the Republican Party.
goober

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Mar 14, 2013
I like Alan West.
goober

Saint Marys, GA

#21 Mar 14, 2013
I mean Allen West...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crazy stuff happening over in Kentucky 1 hr Really 1
Lets deport 12 million Republicans 2 hr EdK48 1
Why the Supreme Court is not Supreme 2 hr LonePalm 5
Hillary’s National Marketing Director ILLEGALLY... 2 hr LonePalm 6
More Republican clowns on display 2 hr Really 2
St. Marys 7th happiest city in Georgia. 2 hr Aunt Bs 12
more money out the window 2 hr patriot 1
Homework for mayor, council, and taxpayers. 3 hr Anon 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance