Hospital Authority...THE REAL STORY.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#103 Apr 10, 2013
OMG!

Let's get this fool's ISP number and have him committed and disarmed!

He's obviously totally serious and a threat to "the community."
Truth is

United States

#104 Apr 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<
For those of you who believe Spencer is wrong on this one, read his letter-to-the-editor in today's T&G. He is clearly correct.
I believe that legislation is needed to permanently close the weasel hole in the law. Spencer will no doubt propose such legislation and it will pass.
If a court will not rule against Turtlehead, et al, then we may have to resolve it by voting in councilmen who will vow to vote for a slate of board members pledged to disband the board.
Where should the money go? How about to the 501 (c)3, the name of which escapes me, that provides free indigent medical care in Camden County.
How would the senior center be funded thereafter? Let's make that a "private/public partnership" funded by private contributions with matching funds from the city general fund up to a budgeted point. Then, everyone who supports the concept can put their money where their professed o.
Ditto!
Truth is

United States

#105 Apr 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
For those of you who believe Spencer is wrong on this one, read his letter-to-the-editor in today's T&G. He is clearly correct.
I believe that legislation is needed to permanently close the weasel hole in the law. Spencer will no doubt propose such legislation and it will pass.
If a court will not rule against Turtlehead, et al, then we may have to resolve it by voting in councilmen who will vow to vote for a slate of board members pledged to disband the board.
Where should the money go? How about to the 501 (c)3, the name of which escapes me, that provides free indigent medical care in Camden County.
How would the senior center be funded thereafter? Let's make that a "private/public partnership" funded by private contributions with matching funds from the city general fund up to a budgeted point. Then, everyone who supports the concept can put their money where their professed sentiments are.
Ditto!
Anon

United States

#106 Apr 10, 2013
Truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto!
Lookie, lookie. Ditto heads.
Jorge

Dornsife, PA

#107 Apr 11, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
OMG!
Let's get this fool's ISP number and have him committed and disarmed!
He's obviously totally serious and a threat to "the community."
Self reflection?
slik willy

Woodbine, GA

#108 Apr 11, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
If the money is being used as it should and if no one is stealing the money or getting rich, what would Spencer have us do different?
The money isnt being used according to the law.
The City of St. Marys Hospital Authority is an active authority that was created in 1956 by a Georgia state law known as the “Hospital Authorities Law” to establish Gilman Hospital. Georgia’s Hospital Authorities Law was enacted in 1941 to provide a mechanism for the operation and maintenance of needed health care facilities in several counties and municipalities of the state. If one were to take the arduous task of reading the entire “Hospital Authorities Law”, one would notice that the spirit and intent of the law was to provide for healthcare needs of individuals who did not have a means of paying for healthcare. Those individuals who do not have the means to pay for healthcare are therefore considered indigent patients. GET IT NOW!?!?!?
Hey! why don't y'all all show the new nursing home that this $3 million was designated & set aside to build--hmmm about 6 years ago? If government funding is coded for such & a tracking & accountability system is in place--nobody plays with the funds... Only if it is to contribute to the construction of the NEW NURSING HOME for ones entitled to it.. ho, humm..SOS today in Beautiful downtown St. Murrays. OOppps, that's St. Marys--right?
slik willy

Woodbine, GA

#109 Apr 11, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me recommend:
http://www.johnnyharris.com/
That's where my BC'65 classmates meet monthly for lunch.
Killer barbecued lamb.
Jay, does the name Abby Moreno ring a bell? I was in Savannah High & he was a friend.. Real cool operator ---just ask him, he'll tell ya'. Good friends are hard to find these days!! Just thought you might be related ... from 1953 to 1957, we spent more time @ BC & Commercial than our own schools..Cheers!

St. Marys, GA

#110 Apr 11, 2013
Yes, the late Abby Moreno - a damned good football player at Savannah High - was my cousin. His father, Albert Sr, was my grandfather, Julian Anastasias Moreno's youngest brother. His dad, "Uncle Albert," invented and patented a new kind of mobile home anchor and founded Minute Man Anchors (his initials, backwards) in East Flat Rock, N.C. and made millions. When Uncle Albert died, Abby took over the company. He died rather young of a heart attack. I assume his sons run the company now.

If you will recall, Abby's dad owned Savannah Iron and Wire Works on E. President Street before moving to San Juan, Puerto Rico where he opened and operated the El Moro Wire Fence Company, manufacturing chain link fencing. He sold that not long before chain link fencing became passe'. Got bored. Invented new mobile home anchor. The genius stroke was when he hired a professional lobbyists to go around to all the state legislatures in the tornado/hurricane states and convinced them to not only pass mandatory tie down laws, but to use his invention in the materials telling dealers how the anchors had to be designed.

When Uncle Albert died, he was living in a 26 room, pre-civil war mansion in East Flat Rock. Hell the spruce lined driveway was about a half-mile long. Either side of the derive was planted in hay which a guy planted and cut for free to feed his horses. The dining room had gold leaf wallpaper from China from back in the early 1800's.

If you are a reader who lives in a mobile home. chances are good it is anchored with a Minute Man Mobile Home Anchor.

By the way, his sister, Eileen Moreno Hudspeth, is a Realtor in Savannah married to a veterinarian.

“Don't let em take ur liberties”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#111 Apr 11, 2013
What was Moreno's connection to the Hospital Authority?

St. Marys, GA

#112 Apr 11, 2013
Political Traveler wrote:
What was Moreno's connection to the Hospital Authority?
Happily, none whatsoever.

St. Marys, GA

#113 Apr 11, 2013
I see that at some point they incorporated and changed the name to Minute Man Products, Inc.

http://www.minutemanproducts.com/minute-man-p...
Joe

United States

#114 Apr 11, 2013
The seniors have lunch everyday catered IN from a restaurant in Kingsland, 5 days a week!!!
Outside looking in Senior

United States

#115 Apr 11, 2013
Joe wrote:
The seniors have lunch everyday catered IN from a restaurant in Kingsland, 5 days a week!!!
What seniors? How does one qualify (requirements) to take part in the stolen nest egg/slush fund?

Is it based on race, downtown residency, relatives, or just knowing the right people?
Downtown Senior

United States

#116 Apr 11, 2013
Outside looking in Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
What seniors? How does one qualify (requirements) to take part in the stolen nest egg/slush fund?
Is it based on race, downtown residency, relatives, or just knowing the right people?
This is a sensitive subject. Can we just talk about something else?
yyeppppp

United States

#117 Apr 11, 2013
You shiz head Spencers don't have anything better to do tonight? Who are yall going after next? Yall screwed the kids with the AED's, the fishermen, and now you are going for the old folks. Try messing with a man you wimps.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#118 Apr 12, 2013
yyeppppp wrote:
You shiz head Spencers don't have anything better to do tonight? Who are yall going after next? Yall screwed the kids with the AED's, the fishermen, and now you are going for the old folks. Try messing with a man you wimps.
WOW...you really are stupid and uninformed. Why don't you go visit Adam and go purchase a lemon from him. Better yet,go purchase a phone from him at the Verizon store.I am sure you qualify for some type of RINO discount from him.Since that is all he is anyway. IDIOT!
Anon

United States

#119 Apr 12, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW...you really are stupid and uninformed. Why don't you go visit Adam and go purchase a lemon from him. Better yet,go purchase a phone from him at the Verizon store.I am sure you qualify for some type of RINO discount from him.Since that is all he is anyway. IDIOT!
Whichever Spencer you are, you need to get over Adam. He has nothing to do with this conversation. He lost the election, he is history, so stop trying to use him to divert the discussion. There are a sizable number of people (remember, people are voters) that are upset because Jason Spencer has inserted himself into the funding of senior services by the Hospital Authority. If Spencer has his way, funding for the Senior Center will be cut off and our excellent senior programs will go away.

This matter will come before the St. Marys City Council next Monday night and I hope that Spencer, and the rest of his clan, will attend. He will have the opportunity to explain the benefits to the city of cutting off this funding and he will have a chance to meet and hear many of the seniors (voters) who will be thrown under the bus by his actions.
Senior Too

United States

#120 Apr 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Whichever Spencer you are, you need to get over Adam. He has nothing to do with this conversation. He lost the election, he is history, so stop trying to use him to divert the discussion. There are a sizable number of people (remember, people are voters) that are upset because Jason Spencer has inserted himself into the funding of senior services by the Hospital Authority. If Spencer has his way, funding for the Senior Center will be cut off and our excellent senior programs will go away.
This matter will come before the St. Marys City Council next Monday night and I hope that Spencer, and the rest of his clan, will attend. He will have the opportunity to explain the benefits to the city of cutting off this funding and he will have a chance to meet and hear many of the seniors (voters) who will be thrown under the bus by his actions.
This argument is brought to you by the "select" downtown seniors who have found a $3,000,000.00 local government (HA) slush fund nest egg and they now think it is now theirs. They are no different than any other private club or social group in St Marys. Yet they think their little private club should be funded by the rest of us. There is nothing special about them, they are just looking for the rest of us to sponsor their club.

St. Marys, GA

#121 Apr 12, 2013
Let's see who the players are.

After you click on this link to the "packet" for Monday night's upcoming orchestrated lynch mob,
scroll down to page 32 and begin with Jim Stein's letter to the mayor and council.

http://www.stmarysga.gov/government/council_m...

St. Marys, GA

#122 Apr 12, 2013
" If Spencer has his way, funding for the Senior Center will be cut off and our excellent senior programs will go away."

Old Dear, I'm sure you have been led to truly believe that but it is a lie.

Your programs will not go away. They will simply receive funding from different sources and the funds absconded with by your heroes on the hospital Authority, contrary to state law, will eventually be used to support indigent health care, as was the original intent of the legislation.

The days of native Camdenians scofflaws of a certain age declaring that "the law is an ass" and going about their merry defiant way are rapidly coming to a complete close.

I'm all for a senior center for you old dears who have a need for it but I'm also for following the law. Sorry, but Rep. Spencer is right on this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputies rehired after breaking leg in assault ... 27 min SOSDD 2
Spaceport Update 31 min Camden Sux Azz 5
St Marys Hospital Authority Audit 48 min anon 14
The mob takes the Fifth. Trump's lawyer too. 1 hr A complete joke 4
State Rep Race 1 hr Fake 51
Georgia department of transportation board corr... 1 hr To The Wall 4
VA nominee Ronny Jackson withdraws 2 hr Party of Shame 2

St. Marys Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages