Hospital Authority...THE REAL STORY.
What

United States

#82 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Councilwoman Hase, during the Mayor Eskridge administration, went after the money.
The only one who got any of it then was Jim Stein.
The real estate cartel would have been much better off if she had gotten her hands on that money. Big cocktails and beautiful sunsets over at the new boat house.
Anon

United States

#83 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Councilwoman Hase, during the Mayor Eskridge administration, went after the money.
The only one who got any of it then was Jim Stein.
Hase was not on Council when Eskridge went after the money.
anon

United States

#84 Apr 8, 2013
A failed city government.
Marie Magnalina

United States

#85 Apr 8, 2013
anon wrote:
A failed city government.
A failed and fragmented city government torn apart by greedy self-serving public officials and the real estate cartel. It did not happen overnight, it took decades. But, here we are and it is still going on. Camden County and St Marys, the two most corrupt local governments in the Georgia, the most corrupt state in the US.
Lem Leach

United States

#86 Apr 9, 2013
$300,000,000.00 government money just lying around unsecured and unguarded; what would you do? Latch on to it like a leach and fight to keep control. The council is clueless and impotent, might as well take the money.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#87 Apr 9, 2013
Intelligence LEACHES from the brains of idiots.

LEECHES latch on to things.
Sassy Senior

United States

#88 Apr 9, 2013
Anon wrote:
All I can say is that Jason Spencer is one mean-spirited, trouble making SOB. The Hospital Authority has very significant money in the bank. They are using it, not for their own profit, but to benefit senior citizens in our city. Spencer wants to give that money to the city to spend (waste) as they will. I would much rather see the money invested in our senior citizens than wasted on a new street sweeper or another piece of useless waterfront property.
How much longer before Jason Spencer's ONLY term in Atlanta over?
This City slush fund $3,000,000.00 plus, is being given to St Marys seniors???
How do I get my share? What are the criteria or qualification a St Marys senior needs to get her share or to participate in the benefits of this slush fund?
Sassy Senior

United States

#89 Apr 9, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Intelligence LEACHES from the brains of idiots.
LEECHES latch on to things.
Have you latched on to your share of the Hospital Authority slush fund?

You are a qualified senior arn't you?

St. Marys, GA

#90 Apr 9, 2013
I visited the senior center once to talk politics with Rindy Howell.

It struck me as the geriatric version of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo'S Nest."

I'm a senior citizen, but not an emotionally needy one. Those who are creep me out.

No thank you.
Sassy Senior

United States

#91 Apr 9, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I'm a senior citizen, but not an emotionally needy one. Those who are creep me out.
No thank you.
You and Rindy Howell, I had no idea. So I'm assuming you are alright with the $3,000,000.00 Hospital Authority slush fund being used as
stolen nest egg for the handfull of downtown "special seniors."
Table

Columbia, MD

#92 Apr 9, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
No thank you.
Yeah, that was when you were running for office. Trolling for votes.

St. Marys, GA

#93 Apr 10, 2013
Sassy Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Rindy Howell, I had no idea. So I'm assuming you are alright with the $3,000,000.00 Hospital Authority slush fund being used as
stolen nest egg for the handfull of downtown "special seniors."
No, fool. Try going back and re-reading all of the posts in this thread.

For those of you who believe Spencer is wrong on this one, read his letter-to-the-editor in today's T&G. He is clearly correct.
I believe that legislation is needed to permanently close the weasel hole in the law. Spencer will no doubt propose such legislation and it will pass.

If a court will not rule against Turtlehead, et al, then we may have to resolve it by voting in councilmen who will vow to vote for a slate of board members pledged to disband the board.

Where should the money go? How about to the 501 (c)3, the name of which escapes me, that provides free indigent medical care in Camden County.

How would the senior center be funded thereafter? Let's make that a "private/public partnership" funded by private contributions with matching funds from the city general fund up to a budgeted point. Then, everyone who supports the concept can put their money where their professed sentiments are.

Perhaps donations could be collected via the city water bills. I could spare a buck or two.
TAX AND SPEND MORENO

United States

#95 Apr 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, fool. Try going back and re-reading all of the posts in this thread.
For those of you who believe Spencer is wrong on this one, read his letter-to-the-editor in today's T&G. He is clearly correct.
I believe that legislation is needed to permanently close the weasel hole in the law. Spencer will no doubt propose such legislation and it will pass.
If a court will not rule against Turtlehead, et al, then we may have to resolve it by voting in councilmen who will vow to vote for a slate of board members pledged to disband the board.
Where should the money go? How about to the 501 (c)3, the name of which escapes me, that provides free indigent medical care in Camden County.
How would the senior center be funded thereafter? Let's make that a "private/public partnership" funded by private contributions with matching funds from the city general fund up to a budgeted point. Then, everyone who supports the concept can put their money where their professed sentiments are.
Perhaps donations could be collected via the city water bills. I could spare a buck or two.
First let me applaud you for finally realizing the honesty and common sense of Spencer.

I also would support a "private/public partnership". The public portion coming from a reduction in government spending. When the City pours 300K annually into the library, spending millions for painting and pool repairs and of course the authorities could be cut in half if not completely eliminated would be a good start.

This nonsense of a maritime district for tourists should be stopped. The emphasis should be on improving the quality of life for our tax paying citizens.

Additional taxes is not an option.
Responsible Senior

United States

#96 Apr 10, 2013
The senior center should not be funded with any public funds. If a group of old farts would like to get together and party, have a go, but pay their own way. Supporting clubs for special groups is not a legal function of city government.
Really

United States

#97 Apr 10, 2013
Responsible Senior wrote:
The senior center should not be funded with any public funds. If a group of old farts would like to get together and party, have a go, but pay their own way. Supporting clubs for special groups is not a legal function of city government.
I'm a right wing fiscal conservative. Goverment does have a function if supported by the voters to enhance the lives of all the people.

If I follow your logic we should being selling tickets for T-Ball games.

St. Marys, GA

#98 Apr 10, 2013
Here is the answer:

http://www.seniorcitizens-inc.org/home/about-...

It's time for the mayor and council to take a field trip. Commandeer the seniors' bus for a day.

Let Bird and Howell use the Toonerville Trolley.

St. Marys, GA

#99 Apr 10, 2013
Click on this link then click on Adult Day Care /Activity Centers.

You will see that they already have one in Darien.
Hells bills, why not just give them the use and operation of our senior center for free? They could get operating funds from donors, as they do I Savannah.

Really

United States

#100 Apr 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Here is the answer:
It's time for the mayor and council to take a field trip. Commandeer the seniors' bus for a day.
Let Bird and Howell use the Toonerville Trolley.
The field trip better include a cocktail gathering with steak and lobster or the five in the middle ain't going anywhere.

St. Marys, GA

#101 Apr 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
The field trip better include a cocktail gathering with steak and lobster or the five in the middle ain't going anywhere.
Let me recommend:

http://www.johnnyharris.com/

That's where my BC'65 classmates meet monthly for lunch.

Killer barbecued lamb.
Truth

United States

#102 Apr 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me recommend:
http://www.johnnyharris.com/
That's where my BC'65 classmates meet monthly for lunch.
Killer barbecued lamb.
Sounds Great! Let me swing by with my family so a black savage can put an initiation notch in his/hers pistol handle. I'm on my way.

Killer Lamb how appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does our Sheriff really support battered women? 2 hr Gone not forgotten 23
"We're ... my..." 2 hr Dr_Lecter 6
Global Warming-----Or Not 4 hr Butchy 12
Hillary lost. Get over it. 6 hr Ballsak 1
Healthcare thoughts 9 hr The Facts 63
"A Must Read" article per Sen. John McCain (R) 13 hr The word is my sword 6
Key player with Trump-Russia pleads the Fifth Fri Phil 5

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance