“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#61 Apr 7, 2013
singular: thief

plural: thieves

good, better, best

bad, worse, worst

"I have not seen Jim Stein ask for anything to be named after him nor have I seen him run for any office."

I have not seen Jim Stein ask for any thing to be named after him or run for office.

I have neither seen Jim Stein ask for anything to be named after him nor run for office.

Jorge

Dornsife, PA

#62 Apr 7, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
singular: thief
plural: thieves
good, better, best
bad, worse, worst
"I have not seen Jim Stein ask for anything to be named after him nor have I seen him run for any office."
I have not seen Jim Stein ask for any thing to be named after him or run for office.
I have neither seen Jim Stein ask for anything to be named after him nor run for office.
The genius just can't help himself.

St. Marys, GA

#63 Apr 7, 2013
Given that the senior center is the primary beneficiary of the stolen nest egg and given that Rindy Howell (senior center director) threw her support to Spencer the first time he was elected and presumably continues to support him, should Spencer win - and he eventually will - it will be interesting to see what happens with the money then.
Indigent Patient

Woodbine, GA

#64 Apr 7, 2013
The money will eventually to go indigent patients...the primary purpose of the law. Spencer is in healthcare and he knows the issue very well. He knows many in the healthcare field in the Camden community and he will have those folks put pressure on the hospital authority to follow the letter of the law. The hospital authority is gone hopefully and another useless unaccountable government agency will be abolished....Good for Spencer.
Mike

United States

#65 Apr 7, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Given that the senior center is the primary beneficiary of the stolen nest egg and given that Rindy Howell (senior center director) threw her support to Spencer the first time he was elected and presumably continues to support him, should Spencer win - and he eventually will - it will be interesting to see what happens with the money then.
Stolen nest egg, please explain.
anon

United States

#66 Apr 7, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Stolen nest egg, please explain.
Please Mike. You look so stupid. If someone has to explain stolen nest egg to you, you would not understand. Go away.

St. Marys, GA

#67 Apr 7, 2013
The two old farts who have absconded with it still call themselves the St. Marys Hospital Authority.

The law Spencer cites says that when a state chartered hospital authority no longer has a hospital to have authority over, the authority is to be disbanded and all funds are to be used for indigent medical care. Unless Rindy is putting Band-Aids on boo-boos at the St. Marys Senior Center and calling it "indigent medical care," then the funds are not being used as the law intended. That is especially true of the funds that pay Jim Stein to keep the old farts in control of it.

So, how have the old farts gotten by with it so long?

Well, it turns out that in the good ol' days, when all Camdenians considered the O.C.G.A. a list of optional suggestions (if they even knew it existed), when the Gilman Hospital ceased to function as a hospital and became a nursing home, the hospital authority went right on existing, when it should have been disbanded.

Now, interestingly, even though the two, old, biggity-britches farts still call themselves the Hospital Authority, they have neither a hospital nor a nursing home, but damn it, it is just a hoot to be the controller and dispenser of that money and a hero to all the old gals at the senior center and, in Turtlehead's case, to his heartthrob Alex.

They actually have the temerity to claim that the fact that what's left is a nursing home and not a hospital exempts them from the law. My guess is that they would make the same claim if had been turned into a brothel. Damn it, it is fun to play with OPM in your old age!
Sinking Fun

United States

#68 Apr 7, 2013
Really wrote:
To many facts. Moreno and his ignorant followers could care less about facts. Wasteful mindless spending is their game.
A $3,000,000.00 stolen nest egg, a slush fund illeglly used: why doesn't the St Marys City grow a pair and look into this? Maybe the only hope is in Atlanta with the Attorney General's office. Now that's a scarry thought.

This has got to be the number one issue during the fall election season. Any creep running for office hoping to buy senior votes with this money needs to be exposed.

St. Marys, GA

#69 Apr 7, 2013
Sinking Fun wrote:
<quoted text>
A $3,000,000.00 stolen nest egg, a slush fund illeglly used: why doesn't the St Marys City grow a pair and look into this? Maybe the only hope is in Atlanta with the Attorney General's office. Now that's a scarry thought.
This has got to be the number one issue during the fall election season. Any creep running for office hoping to buy senior votes with this money needs to be exposed.
Actually, Mayor Hase went after it already but lost in court.

I don't remember who heard the case. Anyone?

Anyone remember why the old farts won?

Or did it even make it to court before pressure from the old folks lobby whipped up by Stein caused the city to lose its nerve?

Who remembers?

St. Marys, GA

#70 Apr 7, 2013
Just for the record, I have nothing against having a seniors' center. That and the bogus hospital authority endowment are two different issues.

The two old geezers sitting on the money have been very politically astute by making it seem so.
Do More Research

Herndon, PA

#71 Apr 7, 2013
Jay, do you realize that there are more than 2 people on the board? There are some very well respected affluent people that are involved with this. Stein already has the Attorney General on his side. This will turn into another mistake for Jason Spencer. This is a well played political move that will make Jason look like a fool.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#72 Apr 7, 2013
Do More Research wrote:
Jay, do you realize that there are more than 2 people on the board? There are some very well respected affluent people that are involved with this. Stein already has the Attorney General on his side. This will turn into another mistake for Jason Spencer. This is a well played political move that will make Jason look like a fool.
As much as I loathe Jay,I have to agree with everything he says. You are incorrect with your thinking and will soon find out that I too am correct.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#73 Apr 7, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss my point. I am assuming you are one of the Spencer wives. It does not matter what I think of you. It does matter what I think of Jason, and Jeremy too, if they plan to run again. Right now, you are evidently acting as a Spencer spokesperson and you are hurting their public image. As I said, the HA may be wrong. But, right or wrong, it is not an earth shaking crisis and it is a problem for the St. Marys City Council, the Hospital Authority, and the State Attorney General to resolve. If Jason has a question, all he has to do is to approach the Hospital Authority and the City Council and ask. If they need his help, he can volunteer. One of the problems we have is with people who take minor issues and misunderstandings and stir them into a major crisis. I have not seen Jason at a City Council meeting to address this issue. Jeremy was at the Town Meeting last night but be sat quietly; so much for him "making noise." To the best of my knowledge, neither Jason or Jeremy attended the Hospital Authority meeting last Monday. If there is a suspicion of wrongdoing, someone is going to have to step forward and ask the questions, not in Atlanta but right here. Then we, the citizens of St. Marys, can get the answers and know the truth.
You could ask them old bastards all you wanted to and they would lie through their teeth. Asking them is useless!
Anon

United States

#75 Apr 8, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I loathe Jay,I have to agree with everything he says. You are incorrect with your thinking and will soon find out that I too am correct.
Spencer and Moreno. Really strange political bed mates. This may be an allegiance to watch.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#76 Apr 8, 2013
Jay interrupting law has as much chance as being correct as him interrupting Mandrain Chinese.
Angry Taxpayer

United States

#77 Apr 8, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Spencer and Moreno. Really strange political bed mates. This may be an allegiance to watch.
GOB's love to divert attention as they steal, rape and rob the tax payers. Their method, always attack those who point out criminal or unethical government activity.

St. Marys, GA

#78 Apr 8, 2013
Anon wrote:
Jay interrupting law has as much chance as being correct as him interrupting Mandrain Chinese.
But my chances of having used "interpreting" rather than "interrupting" are apparently infinitely better than yours, dumbass.
anon

United States

#79 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Or did it even make it to court before pressure from the old folks lobby whipped up by Stein caused the city to lose its nerve?
Who remembers?
That was Mayor Eskrige.
anon

United States

#80 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who remembers?
Probably Amanda Williams.

St. Marys, GA

#81 Apr 8, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Mayor Eskrige.
Thanks. Councilwoman Hase, during the Mayor Eskridge administration, went after the money.

The only one who got any of it then was Jim Stein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Rep Race 1 hr Mike 35
More good news for America and Democrats 4 hr Former Ospreyite 1
St Marys Cruise Terminal 5 hr who cares 6
Trump beats Obama in approval poll 12 hr Making America Great 3
Mr. Gabriel Kim Wants part of Mill Site 13 hr Voter 9
Dems file frivolous lawsuit Fri The Big Picture 5
My condolences to Jay Moreno Fri SJW 7

St. Marys Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages