Hospital Authority...THE REAL STORY.
Anon

United States

#284 Apr 18, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
You are full of it. You people don't know Jason at all. He has no intentions of trying to get any of that money. For you to think that is simply asinine.Ill bet if you were in that position as he is you would break bones to get that money. You thinking that way simply tells me that you are an evil bastard and would do it.
I don't know Jason at all; certainly not as well as you do. I don't know him and I have no reason to trust him, or to distrust him for that matter. I only judge him on his actions. His actions and the circumstances make me wonder if he is in this for personal gain.
Citizen

United States

#285 Apr 18, 2013
It is our money, it belongs to all the citizens of St Marys. The Council has a duty to protect it for the use of all of us.
Anon

United States

#286 Apr 18, 2013
Citizen wrote:
It is our money, it belongs to all the citizens of St Marys. The Council has a duty to protect it for the use of all of us.
I agree. It seems to me the council was doing quite well until our state representative messed things up.
ANONANON

Kingsland, GA

#287 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It seems to me the council was doing quite well until our state representative messed things up.
Did he mess it up or was it the authority that did not follow the law? Let's place the blame where it needs to go. The authority did not follow the law, and the Council did not act in its oversight capacity. Therefore, the citizens became concerned and reported it up the chain.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#288 Apr 18, 2013
Downtown GOB Senior wrote:
Ahh, you'll come on now. Them ole laws don't mean nothing. Court orders, state statutes and regulations that stuff don't apply in St Marys. Them hospital authority funds are for fun; ha, ha even made a little pun did't I. Listen, tell ye what, that new state representative talking about strictly following the law, that boy aint been hear but a few years. He just now learning how things work around hear. He'll come around, just you wait and see.
Now on the other hand, some of us know "there is no language in the law that applies to this case." "and in fact the law doesn't even say who makes decisions regarding hospital authorities."
"There is no specific law regulating how funds....should be used."
Now if that City Council will just "relinquishes any and all rights" "to enforce a 2007 court order" why we can git our little downtown "special" senior club back to having fun with the funds.
Ha, ha there I go again, made another little pun didn't I. Ha, ha.
Now that's the way we handle things like this in St Marys. Now just ye remember, in St Marys, "the law is an ass."
Jerry, was that you?
Anon

United States

#289 Apr 18, 2013
ANONANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he mess it up or was it the authority that did not follow the law? Let's place the blame where it needs to go. The authority did not follow the law, and the Council did not act in its oversight capacity. Therefore, the citizens became concerned and reported it up the chain.
I see no evidence that the citizens became concerned. I see plenty of evidence that this mess originated with Jason. I see plenty of evidence of Jason and his family trying to stir up concern among the citizens. I have seen no evidence that the Hospital Authority or the City Council knowingly violated the law. All I see is Jason telling us that, in his opinion, they did.
Jeanette

United States

#290 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no evidence that the citizens became concerned. I see plenty of evidence that this mess originated with Jason. I see plenty of evidence of Jason and his family trying to stir up concern among the citizens. I have seen no evidence that the Hospital Authority or the City Council knowingly violated the law. All I see is Jason telling us that, in his opinion, they did.
Jason puts me in mind of Don Quixote who was addled in the head and the windmills with which he tilted were evil knights in his mind only.
ANONANON

Kingsland, GA

#291 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Attorney General will clarify this no doubt. And we wait...

St. Marys, GA

#292 Apr 18, 2013
No, he has stated that the current use of the funds by the Hospital Authority (NOT city council) is not in compliance with the original intent of the state law authorizing the existence of hospital authorities in the state of Georgia.

Moreover, he is asserting - and correctly - that the issue should have been resolved differently way back when S.E. Georgia bought the hospital.

The HA should have, from that instant forward, should have ceased to exist. It was not a nursing home authority, but a hospital authority with no hospital.

The law was poorly crafted in that it did not deal with the contingency of an HA with no hospital.

I'm sure Rep. Spencer and co-sponsors are about to close that legislative hole and prevent its happening ever again. Moreover, if it is not settled sooner in court, the legislation will disband a now superfluous St. Marys HA, but probably not before the board spends every dime of $3,000,000 unlawfully out of spite. It's the St. Marys way.
Anon

United States

#293 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the Hospital Authority or the the City Council knowingly violated the law." Are you insinuating they violated the law out of ignorance? Ignorant yes, in this case no. The HA and the City Council knew what was going on. They are both in this up to their dirty necks. The voters must cut the heads off these snakes.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#294 Apr 18, 2013
Dont leave Stein out of this...
Someone finally suggested sending a “local legal opinion” to the Attorney General’s Office, so Stein sent a letter in 2008 explaining how the authority would use its funds. Hearing no objections from the attorney general, they proceeded to support the senior center, he said.
They acted off of his word. With him being the great legal mind that he claims to have he should have figured it out that what they were about to do was wrong but he said nothing to thwart them to do as they have done and now we have the mess we have.
That was a quote from the Times Union BTW.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2013-04-...
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#295 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who filed the open records request????Answer that question.
Anon

United States

#296 Apr 18, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Who filed the open records request????Answer that question.
Aha!!! So now we here, for the first time, that there was an open records request. Please tell us more.
Anon

United States

#297 Apr 18, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
No, he has stated that the current use of the funds by the Hospital Authority (NOT city council) is not in compliance with the original intent of the state law authorizing the existence of hospital authorities in the state of Georgia.
Moreover, he is asserting - and correctly - that the issue should have been resolved differently way back when S.E. Georgia bought the hospital.
The HA should have, from that instant forward, should have ceased to exist. It was not a nursing home authority, but a hospital authority with no hospital.
The law was poorly crafted in that it did not deal with the contingency of an HA with no hospital.
I'm sure Rep. Spencer and co-sponsors are about to close that legislative hole and prevent its happening ever again. Moreover, if it is not settled sooner in court, the legislation will disband a now superfluous St. Marys HA, but probably not before the board spends every dime of $3,000,000 unlawfully out of spite. It's the St. Marys way.
Jay, you know even less whereof you speak than does Jason.
Nutso

United States

#298 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Jason at all; certainly not as well as you do. I don't know him and I have no reason to trust him, or to distrust him for that matter. I only judge him on his actions. His actions and the circumstances make me wonder if he is in this for personal gain.
Why do you say that? I understand this issue was brought to his attention.

St. Marys, GA

#299 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay, you know even less whereof you speak than does Jason.
He said as he whistled past the graveyard where they were opening a grave for the St. Marys Hospital Authority.
Anon

United States

#300 Apr 18, 2013
Nutso wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you say that? I understand this issue was brought to his attention.
So he says but, I repeat, I have seen no evidence.
Anon

United States

#301 Apr 18, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Its time to point out what you, Moreno Jay, said about Jason Spencer and this topic in post #20 of this thread, and I quote:

"For those of you who are not familiar with the practice, this is a classic example of what is known as the "Big Lie" theory of propaganda.

For background, Google Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda.

The idea is that if you are going to lie about an enemy, don't pussy foot around. Tell a lie that is so egregiously untrue and repeated so often that people will think that no one would dare tell a lie that big so it must be true.

An example is claiming that Jews ate Christian babies in secret religious ceremonies.

This is just a Spencer or a Spencerite intensifying the pre-city election shelling of the possible competition."
Consent order

Saint Marys, GA

#302 Apr 18, 2013
Say What wrote:
If there is no audit, what now? Why does the St Marys City Council, the Hospital Authority and the Airport Authority spend so much tax revenue on Attorney fees?
A freedom of information request might answer these questions? How about it Jill?
The audit is not complete. Stein stated they have their audits complete but they do not. Just ask the state's audits office.

St. Marys, GA

#303 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Its time to point out what you, Moreno Jay, said about Jason Spencer and this topic in post #20 of this thread, and I quote:
"For those of you who are not familiar with the practice, this is a classic example of what is known as the "Big Lie" theory of propaganda.
For background, Google Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda.
The idea is that if you are going to lie about an enemy, don't pussy foot around. Tell a lie that is so egregiously untrue and repeated so often that people will think that no one would dare tell a lie that big so it must be true.
An example is claiming that Jews ate Christian babies in secret religious ceremonies.
This is just a Spencer or a Spencerite intensifying the pre-city election shelling of the possible competition."
I was referring to pre-emptive attacks on me (and others) just in case I run for something in 2013, you blithering idiot. Try to keep up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poor Ospreyite heads for Canada 27 min Caped Crusader 2
New two-story retail center planned 2 hr Dog and Pony show 1
Camden County Leadership 6 hr Real Estate Cartel 3
Sarah Sanders shuts down CNN star Jim Acosta's ... 15 hr Laughing at You 3
A Man with a Big Best Beutiful Plan Mon Russian collusion BS 2
St Marys City Hall Mon Quick Draw 34
Obamacare Open Enrollment 11/1 - 12/15/17 Mon Again 6

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance