|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

It is interesting to me that no one commented on this post in another thread:

" I mean come on. You guys ran your own Silver Star Steakhouse out of business because a national chain opened up a steakhouse by I-95. And now you whine about no business in St Marys. You do it to yourselves. "

Because it strikes at the HEART OF WHAT IS WRONG in this county.

Buffoons on the City Council and the Buffoons who elected them fill the parking lots at Millhouse and Lone Star. Then they bitch and whine at each other about a lack of business in this County.

Either grow up and start taking responsiblity for yourselves or else you will become servants to people who already have.
bad service

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

If you really want to know why so many locally owned restaurants fail, go eat at one. The food is often good to very good, but the service is usually mediocre at best. I've gone to restaurants and ordered a $20 meal, only to have the server walk out with a bunch of plates stacked up on her arm and try to hand you your meal like at Huddle House. They don't know how to open and present a bottle of wine. They can't answer even the basic questions about the food, or in some instances they don't even know the special of the day. I don't go to a restaurant expecting the server to greet us by saying, "Hi guys," and then sitting at the table while she takes the order.(This has actually happened to me at a St. Marys restaurant.) That's why places like Lone Star, where staff couldn't make any decisions if customers had a complaint about their meal, without permission from the owner. It's like the owners of these restaurants have never eaten at a place with good service. And if they have eaten at a place with good service, they weren't paying attention. I want to support my local restaurants, but they have to do better with training their staff or I will continue to go to the chain restaurants in Kingsland where I can count on good service.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Mr Townie wrote:
It is interesting to me that no one commented on this post in another thread:
" I mean come on. You guys ran your own Silver Star Steakhouse out of business because a national chain opened up a steakhouse by I-95. And now you whine about no business in St Marys. You do it to yourselves. "
Because it strikes at the HEART OF WHAT IS WRONG in this county.
Buffoons on the City Council and the Buffoons who elected them fill the parking lots at Millhouse and Lone Star. Then they bitch and whine at each other about a lack of business in this County.
Either grow up and start taking responsiblity for yourselves or else you will become servants to people who already have.
I'll reply to it
I took my wife to the Silver Star once ordered a T-bone for me a NY strip for her both medium both were over cooked then looked at the bill for 58 dollars and flipped out. service was fair not great.
I dont know where Long Star is but we have ate at Long Horns several times and steak has been great.
Ate there last night had 2 steaks for under 30 bucks.
So this shit we will not support local business is nuts we just demand good product at a reasonable price.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

So many of these so-called businesses don't have a clue about business. Example the sideways building where A-Z Liquors is/was. Who was the idiot who dreamed up the building? Who was the idiot who financed it. Who was the idiot who thought it a good idea to open yet another liquor store there. If they're not gone yet, they will be.

Similarly what idiot thought we needed yet another auto parts store (O'Reillys)? As modern cars become more complex, the number of shadetree mechanics will continue to dwindle. Oil & accessories are readily available at the big box.

The Silver Star's predecessor, Sterlings did well at that location with a small intimate setting and decent food/prices albeit with flaky waitstaff (I esp mean you John). Then they moved across the street and thought a newly refurbed building with massive capital to carry would allow business as usual, but higher prices. Sorry Marianne.

It doesn't take an MBA to figure out we don't all live in Osprey Cove.
Buckwheat

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

My wife and i ate at St.Marys Seafood the other day and it was Very good like usual and so was the service,It's always a pleasure eating there .I had the Blackend Rib Eye Steak (delicious and i left Full!!
abnormality

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Just maybe, instead of developing a drug to treat an abnormality, an abnormality was postulated to fit a drug. You think maybe, St. Marys is just a little back water town that can't be St. Simons Island. Ten minutes and you have seen everything St. Marys has to offer. Don't see a Wyndham Vacation Resort locating on the Old Gilman Boat House site. In fact they do not have the parking for any kind of hotel on that site. The Committee has been smoking something in the back room before the meetings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Oh my 49,217
Barbecue Express 46 min LonePalm Sux 20
The Tiny house movement 2 hr betterhomesandgardens 26
Watch Mayor M and Comrade Kearns collude to abr... 3 hr Anon 13
t't't't'tolenace 3 hr Hold On 11
Do Blacks Need Favors? 3 hr LonePalm 1
Another positive step toward abolishing Obamacare 4 hr anon 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs

•••