Camden's culinary coup!
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#351 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I have no desire too. I make more than a first year teacher now. Thanks, a-holes.
You also haven't figured out the difference between "to, too, two, et tu." Jaynius!

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#352 May 26, 2013
IDK wrote:
"This class act has gone on to trash St. Marys Bistro and Brew on every national restaurant review site".
You wanted a deliberate lie......there you go.
No. Repeating what I was told.

Owners are not powerless to get them removed, you know.
Charlie

Saint Marys, GA

#353 May 26, 2013
So let me get this straight, Jay. You can praise or trash a place, person or thing but if anyone else dares to you feel justified in sliming them? And then you say that that person is taking the time to criticize a restaurant on national review sites...because someone told you that?

You're even more ignorant and twisted than I thought.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#354 May 26, 2013
Why, thank you.
Samantha Prado

Kingsland, GA

#355 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Can y'all guess what tattooed, fantasy game addicted, belligerent whacko wrote this to describe herself?
Introduction
I'd like to think of myself as a freethinker of my generation. Freethinking in that I am not easily swayed by mass propaganda and have formed somewhat of a fuck-it attitude towards disapproval of thought and personal taste. At this point in history, society as a whole has generated the same fuck-it attitude based solely on their lethargic state of mind. No one wants to care, and it is simply easier to ignore an issue or opportunity than to conjure up the energy to fight, speak, act, and think.
This class act has gone on to trash St.Marys Bistro & Brew on every national restaurant review site with a pack of lies. Why?
Because the first time she had the French onion soup with her hamburger. it was served in a wide, low, sixteen ounce ramiken. The last time it was in a narrower but much taller 16 oz.cup. Yes that is the long sand the short of this future neuroscience PhDs complaint.
I had such a cup of it today at 2:30. It was absolutely as - no, more - delicious than the first time I had it in the 16 oz ramekin. The cooked down beef broth, made fresh right back there in the kitchen, was so rich it was almost black. The onion were cut to about the size of a thumbnail. Perfectly cooked and easy to eat. The dollop of good Gruyere was fully melted and brown. The bread was delicious. In short - it may damn well be the best French onion soup in the country!
I had the Croque Monsieur for the first time. Oh, my! That thing is delicious - and huge! I had to take half home for supper. I think the only human who could have wrapped his ruby libs around this thing with nearly dislocating his TMJ was Joe E. Brown (Google him, youngsters.) And yes, Jill, she does put Béchamel sauce on top and grates a touch of fresh nutmeg on top of that.
I really don't feel the need to respond after you called ME a belligerent wacko, but alas, I will.

First of all. LOL. Thank you for the continued laughs.

Second, to clarify, I did indeed post this review on Yelp and Trip Advisor. Why? Well, that is what these sites are for. I posted all my reviews consecutively, and bar word-count restrictions, all were the same. If posting negative reviews are "trashing", well, you clearly do not know what objective thought is then. You wrote your review, and honestly, most of it is lies. As much as you WANT the place to be good, it isn't. I'm sorry. Let it go.

Third, I'd hate for you to give me credit for something that is not my writing, but you did. The paragraph that you stole off of God knows what social networking site you're stalking me on right now, is not my writing. Thank you though.

Fourth, I don't think you quite understand how reviews work. Reviews are a critical evaluation. So yes, you critically evaluate service, food, and consistency. Nothing in my review was a lie, no matter how much you try and explain so. Your EXPERIENCE is not mine, and vice-versa. I'm sorry you can't understand this, but really, there is nothing more I can say.

Fifth, the first time I had the soup, it was not served in a ramekin. You seem to know the "lies" in my review, so get the facts straight. It was a bowl. The third time? One of their 16 oz coffee cups. Yeah...

Sixth, she doesn't use Gruyere in her soup. Period.

and last. I'm very flattered you take so much time out of your day to internet stalk me. Seriously. If you spent even a portion of that time doing something productive...you might do something productive.

Also, you keep bringing up my schooling. I'm sorry one of us is actually attending classes that aren't imaginative. Don't be mad. I've already done more with my life than you ever will.

I can't imagine the utter shame your father felt on his deathbed when he realized what you are and never will be. A human being with self-worth.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#356 May 26, 2013
"I'd like to think of myself as a freethinker of my generation. Freethinking in that I am not easily swayed by mass propaganda and have formed somewhat of a fuck-it attitude towards disapproval of thought and personal taste. At this point in history, society as a whole has generated the same fuck-it attitude based solely on their lethargic state of mind. No one wants to care, and it is simply easier to ignore an issue or opportunity than to conjure up the energy to fight, speak, act, and think."

A free spirited lady who speaks her mind. Just the thought of those words scares the shit out of "the one and lonely Moreno".
Samantha Prado

Kingsland, GA

#357 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Can y'all guess what tattooed, fantasy game addicted, belligerent whacko wrote this to describe herself?
Introduction
I'd like to think of myself as a freethinker of my generation. Freethinking in that I am not easily swayed by mass propaganda and have formed somewhat of a fuck-it attitude towards disapproval of thought and personal taste. At this point in history, society as a whole has generated the same fuck-it attitude based solely on their lethargic state of mind. No one wants to care, and it is simply easier to ignore an issue or opportunity than to conjure up the energy to fight, speak, act, and think.
This class act has gone on to trash St.Marys Bistro & Brew on every national restaurant review site with a pack of lies. Why?
Because the first time she had the French onion soup with her hamburger. it was served in a wide, low, sixteen ounce ramiken. The last time it was in a narrower but much taller 16 oz.cup. Yes that is the long sand the short of this future neuroscience PhDs complaint.
I had such a cup of it today at 2:30. It was absolutely as - no, more - delicious than the first time I had it in the 16 oz ramekin. The cooked down beef broth, made fresh right back there in the kitchen, was so rich it was almost black. The onion were cut to about the size of a thumbnail. Perfectly cooked and easy to eat. The dollop of good Gruyere was fully melted and brown. The bread was delicious. In short - it may damn well be the best French onion soup in the country!
I had the Croque Monsieur for the first time. Oh, my! That thing is delicious - and huge! I had to take half home for supper. I think the only human who could have wrapped his ruby libs around this thing with nearly dislocating his TMJ was Joe E. Brown (Google him, youngsters.) And yes, Jill, she does put Béchamel sauce on top and grates a touch of fresh nutmeg on top of that.
You poor fat slob. If I didn't know better, you're merely internet stalking me to get a good rub in every day.

ATTENTION:

JAY MORENO JUST CALLED ME A BELLIGERENT WACKO.

Please everyone. Take that in for a second.

First of all, I hate to be given credit for something that isn't mine. That paragraph you lifted off one of my social networking sites is actually not my writing. Thank you for the compliment though.

Second, I did post my review on Yelp and Trip Advisor. I don't know if you realize what review sites are actually for. There IS a reason one star exists, and it isn't just to "trash" people. Everything I said in my review is 100 percent correct because I have no reason to say otherwise. Also, each review was posted within minutes of each other and is the same exact writing bar a lower word-count limit. You on the other hand, have somehow convinced these people you're not the psychopath we all know you are and I know how much it would hurt you to lose your favorite new slop house.

Third, It was a bowl, not a ramekin,the first time. It was one of their 16 oz coffee cups the third time. If you actually read my review, you would know that.

Fourth, I'm almost positive you have the palate of a sewer rat, so stop trying to convince people otherwise. Also, she does not use Gruyere. Sorry.

Fifth, SHE IS NOT A TRAINED CHEF.

Sixth, why do you concentrate so much on my schooling. Does it make you jealous that I attend real classes while you attend make believe classes held in your kitchen?

Honestly Jay. How much does it bother you that on your deathbed, your father was looking at you and felt nothing but utter shame for the insignificant sh*t stain you have become?
Samantha Prado

Kingsland, GA

#358 May 26, 2013
Doubled posted because the first one didn't post right away. You get the idea.
NavyEagle

Saint Marys, GA

#359 May 26, 2013
Just ignore him, Samantha. The poor piece of human offal doesn't have anything else other than his cancerous hatred, determination to eat himself into an early grave and the empty hours of his miserable, misbegotten life. No friends, no family, no purpose: nothing other than failed low-level jobs, failed attempts to gain public office and twisted pride at being considered lower than scum by an entire community.
Dilworth

Kingsland, GA

#360 May 26, 2013
Keep in mind that Moreno's culinary training was obtained in the kitchen of a Burger King on St. Simons Island.

Moreno's post high school education was obtained at Armstrong Atlantic State University and College of Coastal Georgia, two of America's finer institutions of higher learning.

He has received offers from the Food network to participate in "The Worst Cook in America" and Fox network's "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?", both clearly support the "sh*t stain" assessment.
IDK

Atlanta, GA

#361 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Repeating what I was told.
Owners are not powerless to get them removed, you know.
if you perpetuate a false statement, you are in fact a liar. Claiming ignorance just means you are ignorant.
You See Me Rollin

Kingsland, GA

#362 May 26, 2013
NavyEagle wrote:
Just ignore him, Samantha. The poor piece of human offal doesn't have anything else other than his cancerous hatred, determination to eat himself into an early grave and the empty hours of his miserable, misbegotten life. No friends, no family, no purpose: nothing other than failed low-level jobs, failed attempts to gain public office and twisted pride at being considered lower than scum by an entire community.
I don't doubt that the man is a complete loser.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#363 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Can y'all guess what tattooed, fantasy game addicted, belligerent whacko wrote this to describe herself?
Introduction
I'd like to think of myself as a freethinker of my generation. Freethinking in that I am not easily swayed by mass propaganda and have formed somewhat of a fuck-it attitude towards disapproval of thought and personal taste. At this point in history, society as a whole has generated the same fuck-it attitude based solely on their lethargic state of mind. No one wants to care, and it is simply easier to ignore an issue or opportunity than to conjure up the energy to fight, speak, act, and think.
This class act has gone on to trash St.Marys Bistro & Brew on every national restaurant review site with a pack of lies. Why?
Because the first time she had the French onion soup with her hamburger. it was served in a wide, low, sixteen ounce ramiken. The last time it was in a narrower but much taller 16 oz.cup. Yes that is the long sand the short of this future neuroscience PhDs complaint.
I had such a cup of it today at 2:30. It was absolutely as - no, more - delicious than the first time I had it in the 16 oz ramekin. The cooked down beef broth, made fresh right back there in the kitchen, was so rich it was almost black. The onion were cut to about the size of a thumbnail. Perfectly cooked and easy to eat. The dollop of good Gruyere was fully melted and brown. The bread was delicious. In short - it may damn well be the best French onion soup in the country!
I had the Croque Monsieur for the first time. Oh, my! That thing is delicious - and huge! I had to take half home for supper. I think the only human who could have wrapped his ruby libs around this thing with nearly dislocating his TMJ was Joe E. Brown (Google him, youngsters.) And yes, Jill, she does put Béchamel sauce on top and grates a touch of fresh nutmeg on top of that.
Jay Moreno, the master of the ad hominem attack. For those of you not familiar with the term (you have heard it, have you not, Jay?), Ad hominem is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. Or, if you prefer, "if you can't refute the argument, attack your opponent." How many times now have we heard Jay attack his opponent by name calling, foul language, and outright lies when he has lost the argument?
IDK

Atlanta, GA

#364 May 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay Moreno, the master of the ad hominem attack. For those of you not familiar with the term (you have heard it, have you not, Jay?), Ad hominem is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. Or, if you prefer, "if you can't refute the argument, attack your opponent." How many times now have we heard Jay attack his opponent by name calling, foul language, and outright lies when he has lost the argument?
. You know, I'm trying to remember a time when he didn't do that.
Samantha Prado

Kingsland, GA

#365 May 26, 2013
Actually, I was mistaken. I only posted it to Yelp and their personal Facebook.
foodie

Atlanta, GA

#366 May 26, 2013
I realize that Mr Moreno is the most despised man on Topix. But, I have to disagree with Samantha' s comments on The Bistro. I have eaten there many times since it opened and all the food I have had, and those with me, has been delicious. The service isn't the best but the food is top notch. We don't have another restaurant in this area of this caliber so we need to support this place and not trash talk it. Btw, I love French onion soup and theirs is some of the best I have ever had! I dont care if it served in a shoe!..
It's delicious. Their hamburgers are ground fresh daily and my favorite around here. All their meats are baked freshly, not packaged or precooked, as is their breads.
Samantha Prado

Kingsland, GA

#367 May 26, 2013
foodie wrote:
I realize that Mr Moreno is the most despised man on Topix. But, I have to disagree with Samantha' s comments on The Bistro. I have eaten there many times since it opened and all the food I have had, and those with me, has been delicious. The service isn't the best but the food is top notch. We don't have another restaurant in this area of this caliber so we need to support this place and not trash talk it. Btw, I love French onion soup and theirs is some of the best I have ever had! I dont care if it served in a shoe!..
It's delicious. Their hamburgers are ground fresh daily and my favorite around here. All their meats are baked freshly, not packaged or precooked, as is their breads.
Supporting a sub par food joint because you guys have an ungodly amount of fast food places is feeding in to your perception of the food at BB. Yes, it is better than McDonalds. No, you shouldn't raise your already high prices a month into opening and charge 11 dollars for a sandwich that cost you three to make. Total NO. Half the preparation of French Onion Soup involves it not being in an inadequate container.

I think people should have standards for food. If you aren't going to serve what is on your menu, what is the point?

Ps. Go to The Vortex in Atlanta for the best French Onion Soup of your life.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#368 May 27, 2013
I see.

Now that the volume of the cup has turned out to actually be slightly more the ramekin, the
cup has become an "inadequate container."

I'll bet there are vacancies in seedy apartment complexes way closer to The Vortex in Atlanta than those here in St. Marys.

"Standards?" Oh brother! That's rich.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#369 May 27, 2013
Samantha Prado wrote:
Actually, I was mistaken. I only posted it to Yelp and their personal Facebook.
Not true of course, but now that it has been removed from other sites, you can lie about it.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#370 May 27, 2013
Charlie wrote:
So let me get this straight, Jay. You can praise or trash a place, person or thing but if anyone else dares to you feel justified in sliming them? And then you say that that person is taking the time to criticize a restaurant on national review sites...because someone told you that?
You're even more ignorant and twisted than I thought.
So, Charlie, now that the lovely and talented Tattoo Girl has admitted to her baseless on-line canards against the Brew and Bistro, what say you now, piss ant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your next U.S. President is ... 12 min Dean 7
Our President's successes, popularity & legacy 13 min George S 16
Camden County Deadly Driver Watch 1 hr Danica 5
Democrats win in Hawaii 2 hr Webster 3
Fox sounds off on same-sex marriage 2 hr Webster 4
The Incestuous City of St. Marys / Kiwanis rela... 2 hr Anon 191
Oh hillary.....was this just another mistake th... 3 hr patriot 2
More from around the web

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages