Thanks Republicans!
Anon

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Ok, it's official, Georgia is America's MOST CORRUPT STATE!

Good job Republicans! Something to be proud of!

From Fox News:

1. Georgia
> Overall grade: F (49%)
> Public access to information: F
> Legislative accountability: F
> Political financing: F
> Ethics enforcement agencies: F

Georgia has the worst levels of corruption risk and lack of accountability of any state in the country.

The state scored a D or worse in 12 of the 14 categories.

The state’s biggest problem is the absence of a strong ethics enforcement agency. Republican governor Sonny Perdue managed to get an ethics bill through the legislature, but by the time it passed, his proposals to ban gifts to state workers and clearly define appropriate campaign spending had been stripped out. According to State Integrity reporter Jim Walls, while Georgia has provisions to prevent certain kinds of corruption in campaign finance and lobbying, the state is full of unaddressed loopholes and lax enforcement.“About 2,000 Georgia officials, including one in five sitting legislators, have failed to pay penalties for filing their disclosures late, or not at all.”

Link: http://www.foxbusiness.com/investing/2012/03/...
Makebate

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Jun 25, 2012
Yes, And most of this bunch changed from Democrat to Republican in a 48 hour period about 15 years ago and are trying now to hold on.

We are having a change of the guard like it or not. Jason Spencer is just one of many going to Atlanta. IT needs a good cleaning. Lets keep him in office and we will have a better STATE OF GEORGIA.

We don't need another yes man. People like Balfour need to go.
Makebate

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Jun 25, 2012
www.atlantaunfiltered.com

Helping to clean up Georgia.
Diceman

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jun 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
Ok, it's official, Georgia is America's MOST CORRUPT STATE!
Good job Republicans! Something to be proud of!
From Fox News:
1. Georgia
> Overall grade: F (49%)
> Public access to information: F
> Legislative accountability: F
> Political financing: F
> Ethics enforcement agencies: F
Georgia has the worst levels of corruption risk and lack of accountability of any state in the country.
The state scored a D or worse in 12 of the 14 categories.
The state’s biggest problem is the absence of a strong ethics enforcement agency. Republican governor Sonny Perdue managed to get an ethics bill through the legislature, but by the time it passed, his proposals to ban gifts to state workers and clearly define appropriate campaign spending had been stripped out. According to State Integrity reporter Jim Walls, while Georgia has provisions to prevent certain kinds of corruption in campaign finance and lobbying, the state is full of unaddressed loopholes and lax enforcement.“About 2,000 Georgia officials, including one in five sitting legislators, have failed to pay penalties for filing their disclosures late, or not at all.”
Link: http://www.foxbusiness.com/investing/2012/03/...
Georgia is a rookie compared to the Obama administration.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Jun 26, 2012
Yes but they all go to church; thats were the get their political base. They are "good" people."
RINOS

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
Most are RINOS ( Republican in Name Only)...most are still true to their liberal roots. Casey Cagle is one of them and so is Ralston and Jan Jones.
Diceman

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jun 26, 2012
RINOS wrote:
Most are RINOS ( Republican in Name Only)...most are still true to their liberal roots. Casey Cagle is one of them and so is Ralston and Jan Jones.
If you care to expand the pool of RINOS to include those who profess to be political but who have never held office, Jay Moreno is the biggest, fattest RINO of all.

He wants everyone to believe that he holds conservative beliefs but he is the most successful welfare recipient in the county. He has Obama money coming to him from every government entitlement program that has been brought to his attention. He has more than one college degree, but he hasn't used them to earn even one honest dollar.

And when it comes to the people he has supported who hold or have held political office..........he supports the biggest "spend and taxers" in St. Marys city government.......currently Bill Deloughy, John Morrissey, Keith Post. And from the past, the most famous and flagrant spend and taxers of all.......Chuck "raised my water bill Trader and Deborah "my cuz from Savannah" Hase.

Jay Moreno..........the ultimate RINO. His motto: "Give me more of that Obama money".
jisaminnit

Kingsland, GA

#8 Jun 26, 2012
Bamayomama wants the rich to pay their fair share. I mo tough, I want ebryone to paay their share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's wrong with the TSA? 6 min TSA Blows 3
Democrats sweat next convention blowup 30 min LonePalm 1
The auto-rehabilitation of the wounded Nutter. 44 min Sr Chief 9
Trump screws & stiffs veterans - again 49 min Sr Chief 8
This guy is a Trump advisor. Save America. No T. 52 min Everyone says 6
"The Good Old Days" featuring Donald Trump 1 hr Anon 4
Trump - brains not included 4 hr Betty 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages