Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#43 Dec 10, 2012
I've got no problem with user fees, but the money should be reinvested back in maintenance and upgrades to the waterfront. Nothing else.

It's a really bad idea to give elected officials the option to divert funds to other purposes. A case in point is the GA 400 extension toll. That's a big deal up here, and one of the primary reasons the TSPLOST failed so miserably.
St Marys Outback

Herndon, PA

#44 Dec 10, 2012
Simplistic dolt wrote:
I've got no problem with user fees, but the money should be reinvested back in maintenance and upgrades to the waterfront. Nothing else.
It's a really bad idea to give elected officials the option to divert funds to other purposes. A case in point is the GA 400 extension toll. That's a big deal up here, and one of the primary reasons the TSPLOST failed so miserably.
Hell I never use the docks or waterfront, and they use my property tax and water and sewer money to keep the POS downtown/waterfron area proped up.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#45 Dec 10, 2012
St Marys Outback wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell I never use the docks or waterfront, and they use my property tax and water and sewer money to keep the POS downtown/waterfron area proped up.
That is why I say put up a box like state park and let the people who uses it t pay for it. I would guess that atleast 150 boats but in the boat ramps a week. that would give the city 39,000 a year
I would be willing to say that it takes on average less than 1,000
a year for the up keep.they pick up trash one a week and street sweeper goes throu 1-2 a week.

then turn around charge the free loaders downtown a moorning fee of 20.00 a day or whatever and a dingy fee of 3.00. I would guess we would see a nice clean river or some nice chunk of change.

CITY COUNCIL AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE FREE WATER,SEWER AND GARBAGE PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!
Wake up ya always say that that waterfront is our best asset how about using it instead of giving it away
Plus make them fallow the law go ask Mr.Lang why he does not allow people to live on their boats. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW IN THE STATE OF GA. YOU CAN NOT STAY ON YOUR BOATS OVER 30DAYS IN A YEAR
so you are not only giving away money you are inviting lawbreakers to the city is that what you want?
Tourist

Jacksonville, FL

#47 Dec 11, 2012
I think you people are just jealous. There's a LOT of just plain stupidity in this thread, I can tell none of you know anything about these "freeloaders" as you call them. By the way, you're talking about charging to use a federal waterway. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

And charging to use the PUBLIC docks and boat ramp? That's moronic.

And, just one more thing. Some of you people need to learn to spell and use proper grammar.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#48 Dec 11, 2012
Tourist wrote:
I think you people are just jealous. There's a LOT of just plain stupidity in this thread, I can tell none of you know anything about these "freeloaders" as you call them. By the way, you're talking about charging to use a federal waterway. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
And charging to use the PUBLIC docks and boat ramp? That's moronic.
And, just one more thing. Some of you people need to learn to spell and use proper grammar.
tourist, you must be one of them.yes i know alot of these people.
These 2 people want to run a FOR PROFIT buisness.
not the first peson is saying to charge for federal waterway better know to mr is as thr ICW.
frenandina docks are owned by the city jacksonville owns the docks at THE LANDING,Jykell Island is owned ny the state of georgia
they are given free water dump their sewage ibto eiver dump their thrash in city cans and pay 0.00 to the city
Why dont you pick up the bill?
One last thing,Im jelous I dont think so. I dont think so I already have 2 boyh power boats 1 19 foot SEAPRO the other is a 26 foot wellcraft.

ALL i, saying is a tax payer citizen was ran off the dock because it is a unsafr structure. the very same structure that the STEAL away is tied up today
you tell me how that is fair?
now the city is talking about charging and what the boat owners they would leave unless everything to them is free
FUJ

Kingsland, GA

#49 Dec 11, 2012
And were would they go, prey tell? To somewere they would have to pay dockage fees?
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#51 Dec 12, 2012
I dont want them to go just pay their fair share.
All other docks charge,but if the city is going to be free then I'm going to leave my boats in water.
My boats bring tourist to twn also.
Coonass

Dornsife, PA

#52 Dec 12, 2012
Tourist wrote:
I think you people are just jealous. There's a LOT of just plain stupidity in this thread, I can tell none of you know anything about these "freeloaders" as you call them. By the way, you're talking about charging to use a federal waterway. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
And charging to use the PUBLIC docks and boat ramp? That's moronic.
And, just one more thing. Some of you people need to learn to spell and use proper grammar.
Hey Tourist, Lonesome Palm Tree, or Bubba, whatever you wants to call yo'self; I tink a good solution to this issue would be to get that crop-duster aeroplane of Jay's to spray all dem freeloadin, bird watchin, so called tourist boat peoples, wit some kind of anti freeloader repellent. I guarontee!!!
Freeloading Yachter

Herndon, PA

#53 Dec 12, 2012
You local people make me sick. No I'm not going to pay property tax, water and sewer fees. I'm too rich to worry about that petty stuff. That is for you little people.

So far I've been nice, not anymore. So far I've only shit in your river once a day, now I will shit in your river morning noon or night. You had just hope I don't get the runs.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#54 Dec 12, 2012
freeloading yachter if it took me to be a theif to be rich ill stay a poor worker
Contender

Herndon, PA

#55 Dec 12, 2012
on the take wrote:
<quoted text>
tourist, you must be one of them.yes i know alot of these people.
These 2 people want to run a FOR PROFIT buisness.
not the first peson is saying to charge for federal waterway better know to mr is as thr ICW.
frenandina docks are owned by the city jacksonville owns the docks at THE LANDING,Jykell Island is owned ny the state of georgia
they are given free water dump their sewage ibto eiver dump their thrash in city cans and pay 0.00 to the city
Why dont you pick up the bill?
One last thing,Im jelous I dont think so. I dont think so I already have 2 boyh power boats 1 19 foot SEAPRO the other is a 26 foot wellcraft.
ALL i, saying is a tax payer citizen was ran off the dock because it is a unsafr structure. the very same structure that the STEAL away is tied up today
you tell me how that is fair?
now the city is talking about charging and what the boat owners they would leave unless everything to them is free
Did you drop out of the third grade, or are you on an iPad? Your post is totally eff'ed up. To say it doesn't make sense is an understatement.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#56 Dec 12, 2012
I drpped out in 4th grade and im on my iPad.even with me dropping out.I sill make enough money to pay my taxes,water bill and not ask anyone in the city to give me everything free.
BUT!!!!!

I will put in slow terms for you
Pay for your own SH!T. Dont be boat bums I have raised my 2 kids and do not want to pay for a piece of crap boat that I dont go on.

everything the steel away wants for free we have had to pay for in the terms of taxes.
The city has not given SMPD,SMFD,or SMPW a raise in several years.
They are willing to give these bums that brings nothing to the city but wants.Where do they pay taxes,payroll taxes or anything else.
I figured all this out by the 4th grade.Just think if If had went 12yrs
My parents tought me young everything you get you need to earn.
Contender

Herndon, PA

#57 Dec 12, 2012
on the take wrote:
I drpped out in 4th grade and im on my iPad.even with me dropping out.I sill make enough money to pay my taxes,water bill and not ask anyone in the city to give me everything free.
BUT!!!!!
I will put in slow terms for you
Pay for your own SH!T. Dont be boat bums I have raised my 2 kids and do not want to pay for a piece of crap boat that I dont go on.
everything the steel away wants for free we have had to pay for in the terms of taxes.
The city has not given SMPD,SMFD,or SMPW a raise in several years.
They are willing to give these bums that brings nothing to the city but wants.Where do they pay taxes,payroll taxes or anything else.
I figured all this out by the 4th grade.Just think if If had went 12yrs
My parents tought me young everything you get you need to earn.
Good points, all. I agree 100%.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#58 Dec 12, 2012
contender, I just can not figure out why/how in the world the city can even think that a hunk of steel is the best draw that is downtown and if they do why spend all that money on the park and Orange Hall.
Annie

Herndon, PA

#59 Dec 12, 2012
on the take wrote:
contender, I just can not figure out why/how in the world the city can even think that a hunk of steel is the best draw that is downtown and if they do why spend all that money on the park and Orange Hall.
Someone is "on the take."
RPFP2012

Jacksonville, FL

#60 Dec 12, 2012
So, are the members of the Saint Marys Yacht Club who anchor their boats in the river "freeloaders"?
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#61 Dec 13, 2012
RPFP2012 wrote:
So, are the members of the Saint Marys Yacht Club who anchor their boats in the river "freeloaders"?
If they live aboard, yes.
What

Kingsland, GA

#62 Dec 13, 2012
Should moorings your auto downtown while visiting the park be free?
Coonass

Dornsife, PA

#63 Dec 13, 2012
What wrote:
Should moorings your auto downtown while visiting the park be free?
Maybe it's time for dat old town to catch up wit de rest of civilization and put up dem parkin meters. I guarontee!!!
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#64 Dec 13, 2012
yes, they should but if a certain car parking spot then they should havo pay.
Somene go ask mr lang how many times this boat has came to use the pump for their crap

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Boswell Weddings (Jan '10) 30 min georgia lady 34
St Marys Employess Christmas Bonus 32 min SMH 17
And so it starts.............. 47 min Please 19
Any ladies watching the Hallmark Channel? 5 hr georgia lady 4
Has Jay been making an ad in the UK? 7 hr Nancy 8
Mayor DeBlasio, are you happy? 7 hr Sherlock Homeboy 2
JDA vs Private Business 9 hr Moreno Jay 9
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Marys News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Marys

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:20 pm PST

ESPN 1:20PM
Falcons eliminate Saints, stay in South hunt
Bleacher Report 1:23 PM
Saints Eliminated with Loss to Falcons
Yahoo! Sports 1:47 PM
Falcons eliminate Saints 30-14, setting up Panthers showdown
NBC Sports 2:00 PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk