Who is showing signs of running?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#143 May 26, 2013
Sand Crab wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he asked you which seat you are running for to see who you would likely be running against. I am interested in who you would be running against myself. In politics, people vote for the lessor of two evils as often as they vote for their favorite.
If you can't answer a simple question like the one asked, it tells me you haven't put much thought into your candidacy.
The fact that you are so quick to want to close the downtown boat ramp and cause a log jam at North River, tells me you do not know your constituency very well.
But good luck to you.
No, no. In St. Marys, you NEVER say which post you are running for before you qualify.

And you want to be damned sure to turn in your application to the city clerk 1 minute before the close of the qualifying period, and then only after you look around city hall to see what spoilers might be hiding down the hall waiting to zip in behind you to declare for the same seat once you've tipped you hand.

I'm telling you, Mike has potential.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#144 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the unlikely event that you are totally honest and do not represent any special interest group(s), don't bother to say so. No one will believe you anyway. The voters always elect the most cleverly deceitful hereabouts. Been there, done that.
Now that is just wrong. Jay ran and lost proving that cleverly deceitful candidates don't always get elected.
Not so smart

Kingsland, GA

#145 May 26, 2013
Mike Weaver wrote:
If it was up to me I would shut down the boat launch at the water front and the boats could use meeting street boat ramp. With that said the city needs to find ways to improve the boat launch at meeting street like some restrooms that would be nice, a bait shop maybe a little store for drinks and ice, sure this could happen we could get grants to help pay for most of the cost, this way the fish people could stop fighting the sail boat people and the old boat ramp could be boat parking by the hour or 2 problem solved.
Damn Mike I thought you were smarter than that. You're running for city council and your platform is taking away a boat ramp that has been in that location longer than any of the other things located around it(well over 50 years that I know of). And you're going to deny boaters a location to launch their boats when boat ramps are few and far between in this county. Political suicide !! You might as well attack the Senior Center while you're at it.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#146 May 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you, Mike has potential.
KOD and justly so.
Mike Weaver

Saint Marys, GA

#147 May 27, 2013
Hey Mr.Jay I wonder where my little brother is and why he is not saying much.

St. Marys, GA

#148 May 27, 2013
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. He knows what he's doing.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#149 May 28, 2013
Professor Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a problem if you can't proof read your work before hitting the send button. I've been trying to use that excuse myself for the last several months. The difference is I'm fat and lazy and have sworn I'm not running for office.
Mike, I have four years of proof reading when I earned my BSED, your other sister has a BS in Nursing, and your youngest daughter has a Masters degree. I think between us three we can spell St. Marys. Just e mail me your post to proof read, for all the college Professors that patrol topix for missed spelled words are typos.
Amos

Kingsland, GA

#150 May 28, 2013
susan 1986 wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, I have four years of proof reading when I earned my BSED, your other sister has a BS in Nursing, and your youngest daughter has a Masters degree. I think between us three we can spell St. Marys. Just e mail me your post to proof read, for all the college Professors that patrol topix for missed spelled words are typos.
Huh, "between us three"? Holy mackerel, Andy.

BSED or just BS?

Location hidden

#151 May 28, 2013
Amos wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, "between us three"? Holy mackerel, Andy.
BSED or just BS?
I will be happy to e mail my degree to you. I am sure that my sister and niece would also. Question my eduction. I do have a BS that is a bachelor of science degree in eduction. Excuse me Professor Amos,I will correct my sentence structure for you. Among the three of us, I am sure we can spell St. Marys.

St. Marys, GA

#152 May 28, 2013
Actually, it was "Holy mackerel dere, Andy!" that the Kingfish was always exclaiming.

What was Ms. Begonia's first name?

Location hidden

#153 May 28, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Actually, it was "Holy mackerel dere, Andy!" that the Kingfish was always exclaiming.
Ruby?
IDK

Norcross, GA

#154 May 28, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
"I'm in love with a girl by the name of Ruby Begonia."
Amos

Kingsland, GA

#155 May 28, 2013
susan 1986 wrote:
<quoted text> I will be happy to e mail my degree to you. I am sure that my sister and niece would also. Question my eduction. I do have a BS that is a bachelor of science degree in eduction. Excuse me Professor Amos,I will correct my sentence structure for you. Among the three of us, I am sure we can spell St. Marys.
I does believes dat miss susan done misspelled eduction, not once but twiced. Twiced I do say.

T tought she say she was good at proof readin'

Holy mackerel dere, Andy.

(Thanks, fat man. I forgots about te dere.)

St. Marys, GA

#156 May 28, 2013
susan 1986 wrote:
<quoted text>Ruby?
Bingo.

Miss Ruby Begonia.

Location hidden

#157 May 28, 2013
Amos wrote:
<quoted text>
I does believes dat miss susan done misspelled eduction, not once but twiced. Twiced I do say.
T tought she say she was good at proof readin'
Holy mackerel dere, Andy.
(Thanks, fat man. I forgots about te dere.)
Education!

St. Marys, GA

#159 Jun 9, 2013
I see all the candidates are still in hiding.
runjayrun

Brunswick, GA

#160 Jun 9, 2013
really want you to run jay. be fun to watch you get smoked in an election again. or a job interview. or a burger king lot.

St. Marys, GA

#161 Jun 16, 2013
When is qualifying week?
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#162 Jun 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
When is qualifying week?
Well shit Jay, you're so F-ing smart..figure it out on our own.
Informed

Kingsland, GA

#163 Jun 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I see all the candidates are still in hiding.
No they're not. Several have made their intentions well-known to many...just not you. Gosh, I wonder why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Marys Marine Center 4 hr Private investors... 2
New two-story retail center planned 16 hr Not a pine left 2
Sarah Sanders shuts down CNN star Jim Acosta's ... 16 hr Caped Crusader 8
A Man with a Big Best Beutiful Plan 18 hr Floozy Spotter 4
Poor Ospreyite heads for Canada Wed Jorge 4
Camden County Leadership Tue Real Estate Cartel 3
St Marys City Hall Dec 11 Quick Draw 34

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance