Who is showing signs of running?
king fishing

Saint Marys, GA

#204 Jun 30, 2013
If mike is like Tommy hell I would vote for him. What I seen of Tommy and Gene they knew what was right and took on city hall and planning dept. Was not scared to call out DNR or anyone else.
I remember council talking about wanting to be like Darien. Hate to say it but Darien now has 2 kingfish tournaments bringing in approx.225,000 per tournament I know Tommy fishes once or twice a year and that is where the money for our waterfront.

I just like Tommy and Gene because both will stand up to anyone and not giving a shit what people think. Both mind their own until they get pushed.
down and dirty

Kingsland, GA

#205 Jul 1, 2013
Why would anyone in their right mind want to vote for a candidate that wanted to close the waterfront park boat ramp?
king fishing

Saint Marys, GA

#206 Jul 1, 2013
If that is what anyone wants they will never get our votes.
Now lets be honest with no-more than the city tries to bring in power/fishing boats why do we have 2 ramps.Roger Weaver spends tons of time on MHD bull if he would of tried to get a tournament here instead.
Then they will say we only spent grant money that just falls out of trees,but they spent it wrong
down and dirty

Kingsland, GA

#207 Jul 1, 2013
king fishing wrote:
If that is what anyone wants they will never get our votes.
Now lets be honest with no-more than the city tries to bring in power/fishing boats why do we have 2 ramps.Roger Weaver spends tons of time on MHD bull if he would of tried to get a tournament here instead.
Then they will say we only spent grant money that just falls out of trees,but they spent it wrong
We had the tournament many years. Truthfully, it was no great benefit to St. Marys. The city was not comfortable with the Keg at the Captain's Meeting. That is a long standing tradition with the SKA Tournaments. Let's face it, the city did not make the Tournament feel welcome. Too bad.

Never-the-less we need two boat landings, we have two boat landings, Mike Weaver said he would try to close the St. Marys road landing, and Mike Weaver doesn't stand a chance, in part, because of that. Too, we need city council members with at least a little smarts. They have some really tough problems to fix. Mike is not capable of contributing to the fixes.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#208 Jul 1, 2013
But then, neither was or is Sidney Howell.
king fishing

Saint Marys, GA

#209 Jul 1, 2013
d&d please explain how putting 200,000.00 in local spending is not a benefit to the city.

Let us do a little math SKA brought in 200,000 at no cost to city.
4th of july brings in approx 200,000 then the cost of overtime extra clean-up cost the city over 100,000. Back in old school math you are bringing in less than 100,000.

I have never seen drunks driving 150,000 dollar boats.Never seen a fight at a SKA tournament here.
On the 4th of july seen alot of drunks on water and on land.

Now if you dont think bringing in a bigger net income and less drunks you may want to reconsider having the 4th here. Do you think K/C is going to pay for open container permit when they promote it is a FAMILY event.
Old Timer

Kingsland, GA

#210 Jul 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
But then, neither was or is Sidney Howell.
Sidney had one thing right. Vote against the five in the middle and their clone replacements who have economically destroyed St. Marys with spending and debt.
Old Timer

Kingsland, GA

#211 Jul 1, 2013
We have two ramps because City Council in alliance with the downtown authorities wanted as many trailers as possible removed from the waterfront.

Roger Weaver with his half-ass marine district plan wants only one thing for the Gilman boathouse dock and property. A comfortable hangout for the yacht club.

Notice with his pipe dream building plans it has never included a fuel pump for power boats.
down and dirty

Kingsland, GA

#212 Jul 1, 2013
king fishing wrote:
d&d please explain how putting 200,000.00 in local spending is not a benefit to the city.
Let us do a little math SKA brought in 200,000 at no cost to city.
4th of july brings in approx 200,000 then the cost of overtime extra clean-up cost the city over 100,000. Back in old school math you are bringing in less than 100,000.
I have never seen drunks driving 150,000 dollar boats.Never seen a fight at a SKA tournament here.
On the 4th of july seen alot of drunks on water and on land.
Now if you dont think bringing in a bigger net income and less drunks you may want to reconsider having the 4th here. Do you think K/C is going to pay for open container permit when they promote it is a FAMILY event.
I would really like to see the Kingfish tournaments return to St. Marys, but I challenge your estimate of $200,000 benefit to the city. I am a charter member of the SKA and knew John Jones, the founder, well.

The costs associated with the tournament for participants is the entry fee, gas (boat and tow vehicle), ice, lodging, meals, silver eels, tackle replacements, boat/motor repairs. Only a couple of the boats bought short stay marina space in the past. The entry fee goes to the Tournament and SKA. The fuel is bought off site for a one day tournament (before and after fishing). Lodging and meals will go to Kingsland, for the most part. Silver eels and tackle will not be purchased locally. Boat repairs will not be done locally.

What you are left with is a very small percentage of the participants fuel, lodging, meals, ice, entry fee costs going to St. Marys businesses. Outside spectators here are a non-factor.

Sorry, captain but $200,000 is way high on the benefit to city businesses.

St. Marys, GA

#213 Jul 1, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sidney had one thing right. Vote against the five in the middle and their clone replacements who have economically destroyed St. Marys with spending and debt.
Fine. Elect another one trick pony and yes man for the, uh, Reverend Bird.
wewontforget

Kingsland, GA

#214 Jul 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be this one, Mayor or Council:

http://www.topix.com/album/detail/st-marys-ga...

St. Marys, GA

#215 Jul 1, 2013
While it is true that ignorant, local, A-holes such as yourself do not deserve Chuck Trader, hopefully, he will run again nonetheless.
Tommy Weaver

Saint Marys, GA

#216 Jul 1, 2013
Jay with his math methods we dont need him again
Old Timer

Kingsland, GA

#217 Jul 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me three more and we will finally put a stop to a decade of speculation spending and loses. Return the City to the general public and focus on our quality of life issues and not a few elitist special interest groups who continuously suck us dry.
Mike Weaver

Saint Marys, GA

#218 Jul 1, 2013
Has anyone ever been to the Jacksonville king fish tournament, never saw a boat ramp right in the middle of there weigh inn
these boats come from far away on the water I think it would be great to have a big time tournament here the park would be great place to set up vendors have some live music on the stage would be s fun day.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#219 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Weaver wrote:
Has anyone ever been to the Jacksonville king fish tournament, never saw a boat ramp right in the middle of there weigh inn
these boats come from far away on the water I think it would be great to have a big time tournament here the park would be great place to set up vendors have some live music on the stage would be s fun day.
Mike, you've obviously not been to Sisters Creek. & obviously have no clue about boats/boat ramps/fishing. Do yourself a favor and talk to your brother before opening your mouth.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#220 Jul 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
While it is true that ignorant, local, A-holes such as yourself do not deserve Chuck Trader, hopefully, he will run again nonetheless.
Chuck Trader raised my water bill!!!
salty dawg

Kingsland, GA

#221 Jul 1, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, you've obviously not been to Sisters Creek. & obviously have no clue about boats/boat ramps/fishing. Do yourself a favor and talk to your brother before opening your mouth.
Mike Weaver is absolutely clueless. Has he ever been to a City Council meeting? I've seen Tommy and that's been a while, during his bait shop bidding days. If Mike has ever gone to one, he kept his pie hole shut. He better find out what the issues are.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#222 Jul 1, 2013
salty dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Weaver is absolutely clueless. Has he ever been to a City Council meeting? I've seen Tommy and that's been a while, during his bait shop bidding days. If Mike has ever gone to one, he kept his pie hole shut. He better find out what the issues are.
I have seen Tommy at several before his bait shop and after. Seen him at several SPLOST spending meetings. He ask John Morrisey and the mayor best question with no response.
I just noticed Tommy stays away from there until he has a agenda to get done. examples: Painting lines out for boat trailers, the bait shop when yacht club got it. the latest is with the docks downtown.
I just see he stays away until he has a point to make and Ive seen he has had the facts to back him.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#223 Jul 2, 2013
Weavers? Just say "no." No Mike, no Roger, no Tommy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should lying news media be hunted down and call... 7 min LonePalm 4
What is JADE HELM all about ? 15 min hard corps 2
EarthKeepers Now Trying To Ban Balloon Memorial... 17 min anon 155
Anchor Babies Good Bad or somewhere in between 1 hr LonePalm 13
Alex Kearns is Running for City Council 2 hr endangered toad 134
The "Great 8" Plan That Wins Presidency for Don... 2 hr LonePalm 13
What is JADE HELM ? 2 hr butter bean 2
The True Cost of Spaceport 5 hr Our JDA 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance