Suspect in Killing of Missouri Child ...

Suspect in Killing of Missouri Child Reportedly Is Teen Girl

There are 178 comments on the MomLogic story from Nov 1, 2009, titled Suspect in Killing of Missouri Child Reportedly Is Teen Girl. In it, MomLogic reports that:

FoxNews : The young suspect in the killing of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten of Missouri reportedly is a teenage girl, who has yet to be named publicly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MomLogic.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
sarah

Signal Mountain, TN

#1 Nov 2, 2009
Alyssa Bustamante is the 15 year old killer's name.
Nika Nika

Waianae, HI

#2 Nov 2, 2009
how do you know?
singsnap wolf_heart

Sioux City, IA

#3 Nov 2, 2009
Adrianne

Prairie Village, KS

#4 Nov 2, 2009
The press can't release it. but we can!:) Alyssa Bustamante. I won't try to protect that baby killer.
RWE

North Stonington, CT

#5 Nov 3, 2009
If you type in the name on Facebook, there is an Alyssa Dailene Bustamante from Jefferson City HS- is this the one? There'sa photo- she looks "goth" ish.
RWE

North Stonington, CT

#6 Nov 3, 2009
singsnap wh- I checked your link- that answers my question. I should have checked before I posted!
Nika Nika

Waianae, HI

#7 Nov 3, 2009
her myspace page http thing says ramen noodles. i always thought they rot your brain, i was by far my craziest when i ate them regularly.

sounds like she had two missing parents and a household of passive aggressive hostility. and nobody saw what was growing in her.

I bet she saw in Elizabeth all the things she wished she had -- an easy heart and familial love,- maybe Elizabeth reminded her of herself before everything went bad for her -- and she hated that kind of softness -- because it was that softness in her that allowed her to get so hurt.

and killing Elizabeth was like killing her own weakness.

an impulse - in a 15 year old - with no better sense for dealing with herself - and no brain food.--- and i guess already a taste for harm.

she probably doesn't feel sorry she did it, and she probably wont for a long time.
Krissy

Hammond, LA

#8 Nov 3, 2009
What was her reason for doing it??
In Canada

Toronto, Canada

#9 Nov 3, 2009
Does anyone know her YouTube screen name?
RWE

North Stonington, CT

#10 Nov 3, 2009
In Canada wrote:
Someone posted links to her videos (on another thread) but they've been pulled or suspended.
Sentry

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 3, 2009
In Canada wrote:
They're no longer available, YouTube has suspended her account
WAKE UP AMERICA

Hagerstown, MD

#12 Nov 3, 2009
I checked the internet last night after it was on the news. I was able to view the you-tube video, but it is in fact suspended now. It looks like she is forcing the brother to touch the fence. They don't seem to want to do it after she does and then the tape seems to stop and start again.
Nika Nika

Waianae, HI

#13 Nov 3, 2009
i do not know if this is true - but i read in various other posts that people believe both the victim's and killer's mother's had drug problems. maybe the two girls had a strange connection of pain - and A was obsessed w/ destroying E because she reminded of her of her painful/vulnerable past.

it does sound like this was something that was planned for some time - perhaps a year - like the other myspace page suggests. so there had to be something very specific --- a reason. that was sustainable for all that time. but i don't think it had to be a very logical reason. girls at that age (15) can choose to lock onto an idea for pretty emotional reasons - that they "get" for themselves and with their very close friends but its rarely about classic motives - like sex or money or whatever --- its a whole different language. about feelings. for some reason E made A feel like destroying her. and i bet it had to do w/ A's biggest pain, which was probably what she had went through as a younger child with her own mother.
Nika Nika

Waianae, HI

#14 Nov 3, 2009
doesn't it seem like Elizabeth was NOT walking home alone? That she may have never even set out for home? That instead she just went w/ Alyssa to the woods.--- is the idea otherwise that Alyssa somehow waited as she left th house -- then somehow left her house secretly and intercepted Elizabeth's course -- and then led her to the woods. its like a straight shot between the houses - right? How could Alyssa have done that and not been basically chasing her down.(which is no way to lure) I bet they left together @ Alyssa's invitation. And that was why the grandparents knew - to alert the cops. Wonder how A lured E into the woods, like what she said.
Amanda

Marceline, MO

#15 Nov 3, 2009
I'm a good friend of Alyssa's and she is a good person. And you guys have no clue about her, so you really shouldn't be saying anything. It was stupid to release her name, and the bs that's being stirred here is too.
Enough said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
whosit

El Dorado Springs, MO

#16 Nov 3, 2009
"She is a good person"!!!!????? She killed another child for God's sake. Just what is your definition of a BAD person???? I feel for all those involved in this tragedy and it is quite obvious that Alyssa has some very deep mental problems. But to call her a "good person" is for sure NOT what she is. At the age of 15 she knew what she was doing was wrong.
Janex

Raleigh, NC

#17 Nov 3, 2009
Maybe Alyssa is evil. Maybe her mother should have had an abortion instead of carrying Alyssa to term.

Alyssa needs to be imprisoned for the rest of her life. I don't care if she is ever rehabilitated; no one should ever have to live next door to her. In fact, no one should have to share a cell with here. I don't care what mental problems she has. She does not need to have access to more people to kill.

I am tired of druggies getting pregnant and having children. I am all for forced sterilization of any woman who gives birth to a child with illegal drugs or alcohol in the child's system. I am sick of these children wrecking havoc on the world. Enough of them are sufficiently damaged that there just aren't enough healthy people to care for them and make them whole.

Anyone who finds my comment offensive, answer these two questions: Do you ever want to have to live next door to someone like Alyssa? Is the world a better place for her having been in it?

I'll bet the answer to both is "no."
Janex

Raleigh, NC

#18 Nov 3, 2009
Amanda wrote:
I'm a good friend of Alyssa's and she is a good person. And you guys have no clue about her, so you really shouldn't be saying anything. It was stupid to release her name, and the bs that's being stirred here is too.
Enough said.
I am sorry for you that you live in a world where the standards for a "good person" are so low that a "good person" can kill a 9-year-old girl for no reason. The young murderess's name didn't have to be "released" by anyone. She's left a huge footprint all over the internet including a video of her brother's being shocked by an electrified fence. She did this because she thought she was much smarter than she is. She is just damaged goods, and it is unfortunate she has lived long enough to bring this kind of misery on her family and another family.
CJB

Florissant, MO

#19 Nov 3, 2009
Amanda wrote:
Enough said.
It's people like you and anyone else that looked the other way at what a psycho this b_tch was. It was obvious that she had a major problem and was a threat to society. She is at an age where she could've been put in a psych ward involuntarily and obviously no one ever did anything about it. Elizabeth's blood is on your hands too - just as much as it is on this "alleged" baby killer's.
Moonbeam

Weymouth, MA

#20 Nov 3, 2009
Elizabeth's father (Dale Olten Sr.) is currently serving a 4 year sentence for drugs. A little over 2 years ago, he was pulled over along with his roomate (a 32 yr old woman). There was massive amounts of drugs in the truck along with firearms. The woman went missing soon after and he has been a suspect in her dissapearance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Martins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tlb (Mar '16) Sun Peter Big One 10
News Police chief still paid? Sep 23 Just wondering 8
Missouri National Guard Tarnished Reputations (Jan '14) Sep 23 T E A 251
What's the deal with Carol Trendle? (Jan '16) Sep 23 Web Duboise 4
Crazy women Sep 22 Johnny 9
Crazy homewreckers (Jan '16) Sep 20 Anonymous 42
News Real Id Act to affect military bases starting T... Sep 18 Guest 2

St. Martins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance