who do you want to be the next rapide...
Snake

Pineville, LA

#19887 May 1, 2013
Thanks WEH wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess if Rick Lofton can be a detective, then the queer Bill Robinson has a chance of being sheriff. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah. what a joke both of them.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! This can't be true. They will regret that move. I mean the citizens will regret that decision because the people will either not get their cases solved or some poor innocent sap will be accused, billed, and have to plea down just for it to go away, even if they did nothing wrong. But hey, thats "Mr. too cool pathological lier"'s friend.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19888 May 1, 2013
Nodameen wrote:
3rd street informer....you're a moron.
If anything you say was true it would have gone public a long time ago.
If the tax renewal fails, who is going to suffer? It ain't gonna be the ones WMH hired. It'll be those who patrol the roads and streets in Rapides Parish.
Why don't you come out from hiding behind a computer screen and make your allegations on the front steps of the courthouse?
You won't, because you're nothing more than a bush whacker. Hiding and taking cheap shots.
I'm voting for the renewal and saving jobs.
I don't have to like WMH to see that the tax renewal is needed to protect Rapides Parish citizens.
Every word 3rd street said is the gospel truth. Hilton is a joke. you too ignorant to get it. To call him a Sheriff would lower ones reputation. So he is crying for the tax renewal and he does not even pay property taxes. Pretty cheap i would say. Rpso is a joke as long as Hilton is there. No tax renewal for Hilton.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19889 May 1, 2013
Vote no to the tax renewal. We need to clean house. It is time to show Hilton how to stop wasting money. He says programs will be cut if tax fails. Man how could we ever do without community police? What a waste of money using all Hiltons deadheads that were hired as political payback. Need to close some substations. Only being used for political benefit to Hilton. VOTE NO TO TAX RENEWAL SO WE AN SEND THE TWO PREACHERS HOME.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19890 May 1, 2013
Vote no to the tax renewal. So Hilton can trade that big SUV in and used that old antique truck he was riding in with his propaganda commercial. Better yet, give him a bycicle to ride. Or may since he is a cowboy give him a horse.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19891 May 1, 2013
Vote no to the Tax renewal then maybe we can reduce the big salaries being paid that the Messiah handed out from all the political promise.
Deputy

United States

#19892 May 2, 2013
I agree that Hilton needs to trim the fat on the high priced cronies and wanna be preachers but if this renewal doesn't pass it won't be them that take the fall. It's gonna be the deputies that do their jobs and are trying to provide for their families that are gonna be let go or have to provide for their families with less money all because y'all stick it to Hilton. Its not gonna affect him. If you wanna get to him. Next election if he runs get him out then. If he doesnt run. Then whoever he backs make sure they don't win but dont hurt the few deputies that actually love thier jobs and protecting the people of this parish. Please vote yes so we can keep doing our jobs for YOU!
fly on the wall

Pineville, LA

#19893 May 2, 2013
Snake wrote:
<quoted text> How this guy survives I have no idea. He will smile, pat you on the back, and ask how your family is. Then he will bad mouth you with no evidence other than what a few friends of his say. Do not talk to him, ignore him and he hates it. Just a bad person all together.
Well said. He has survived several sheriff's terms with ease. There is only one GUY in that office worth his salt, it is not "high pockets Gary." I am wondering why Hilton kept him in command of such an important part of the department all while he was running Hilton down before and after the election. Makes one wonder.
RPSO

Pineville, LA

#19894 May 2, 2013
Deputy wrote:
I agree that Hilton needs to trim the fat on the high priced cronies and wanna be preachers but if this renewal doesn't pass it won't be them that take the fall. It's gonna be the deputies that do their jobs and are trying to provide for their families that are gonna be let go or have to provide for their families with less money all because y'all stick it to Hilton. Its not gonna affect him. If you wanna get to him. Next election if he runs get him out then. If he doesnt run. Then whoever he backs make sure they don't win but dont hurt the few deputies that actually love thier jobs and protecting the people of this parish. Please vote yes so we can keep doing our jobs for YOU!
He won't be getting rid of the deputies. He has to have them. This is exactly what he wants. He has sat the deputies down and used scare tactics to get support. Nothing but a thug.
Increase

United States

#19895 May 3, 2013
There is an increase in this renewal of $700,000!!!!
CPA

Pineville, LA

#19896 May 3, 2013
Increase wrote:
There is an increase in this renewal of $700,000!!!!
It may be an increase because: 1. property values, by law are reassessed, always valued more, therefore the intake will rise. 2. Just this week, the national stats indicated some marginal improvement in the economy and job numbers which means more property bought, improvements made, etc. 3. The costs of living since the tax was last RENEWED has increased so operating expenses for every business including the S.O. is higher. Gas prices have doubled since the tax was last RENEWED just to name one major necessity for running any business. Hopefully, the sitting sheriff will be a good steward with the funds; if he is not a good steward, vote him out.
renewal time

Pollock, LA

#19897 May 4, 2013
CPA wrote:
<quoted text>It may be an increase because: 1. property values, by law are reassessed, always valued more, therefore the intake will rise. 2. Just this week, the national stats indicated some marginal improvement in the economy and job numbers which means more property bought, improvements made, etc. 3. The costs of living since the tax was last RENEWED has increased so operating expenses for every business including the S.O. is higher. Gas prices have doubled since the tax was last RENEWED just to name one major necessity for running any business. Hopefully, the sitting sheriff will be a good steward with the funds; if he is not a good steward, vote him out.
Thank you,for painting the total picture. Amazes me how people can tell only part of a story. To create a different story. For the purpose of painting their political vindictive selfish character. But then they say,look at the sheriff, "he is doing wrong". Even though,they have proven their own selfish crooked character has been proven. The analogy of these kind of postings is this. "Is one person telling,he is a liar,and a proven liar. Still trust what I am saying".
Nodameen

Fort Necessity, LA

#19898 May 4, 2013
Mr. Woodworth is nothing more than a hateful little s--t.
He posts under numerous screen names to imply he has support.
He's willing to hurt the hardworking deputies at RPSO, believing that the higher ups will be affected. He's wrong.
If the renewal fails, not only will patrols be decimated but the next Sheriff will have to beg a new tax in order to run the dept. at the level it's at now.
The issue here IS NOT whether or not you like Hilton. It's whether we're going to maintain the level of protection we recieve now or reduce it dramatically.
Vote yes today and silence the haters.
Increase

Pineville, LA

#19899 May 4, 2013
CPA wrote:
<quoted text>It may be an increase because: 1. property values, by law are reassessed, always valued more, therefore the intake will rise. 2. Just this week, the national stats indicated some marginal improvement in the economy and job numbers which means more property bought, improvements made, etc. 3. The costs of living since the tax was last RENEWED has increased so operating expenses for every business including the S.O. is higher. Gas prices have doubled since the tax was last RENEWED just to name one major necessity for running any business. Hopefully, the sitting sheriff will be a good steward with the funds; if he is not a good steward, vote him out.
Thank you for confirming that it is actually an INCREASE.
Nodameen

Fort Necessity, LA

#19900 May 4, 2013
Just got back from voting FOR the renewal.
That cancels out Woodworth's vote.
Wife also voted yes. That put's us one up in favor.
Property

Pineville, LA

#19901 May 4, 2013
Just a question. Is it fair for people who do not pay a property tax to be able to vote on a tax that only affects people who pay property tax? If you believe it is, please explain.
wow

Pineville, LA

#19902 May 4, 2013
Property wrote:
Just a question. Is it fair for people who do not pay a property tax to be able to vote on a tax that only affects people who pay property tax? If you believe it is, please explain.
As long as people can vote for tax increases they do not have to pay for, they will. Fact of life. I am just curious how much my taxes will go up. I wish they would say that on the ballot. What exactly is "an increase of .32 mils"?
Mr John Q X-employee

Pearl River, LA

#19903 May 5, 2013
First off, Hilton is a criminal himself. he doesn't really care what his deputies do...or don't do.
if.you like the parish being overrun with crime...inside the SO and out, then you should love Hilton.
in regards to woodworth, that's not a police dept, they're just a bunch of revenue collectors
that wouldn't know police work if they were beat in the face with it. im aware that this comment is out of context. deal with it.
Nodameen

Fort Necessity, LA

#19904 May 5, 2013
Quote: "Just a question. Is it fair for people who do not pay a property tax to be able to vote on a tax that only affects people who pay property tax? If you believe it is, please explain."

Public safety is a concern of all citizens. To say a renter does not pay property taxes is not accurate. Landlords make up for increased taxes by raising rent costs. I've repeatedly said that failure of the tax renewal would have resulted in greatly reduced protection and services by RPSO. I didn't vote for Hilton but I certainly voted for the tax renewal.
The coliseum tax, on the other hand, was a debacle. No matter how much lipstick they put on that pig it'll never pay for itself or draw the promised "big name" acts in a facility that size. Said performers charge $100 and more for tickets. Rapides Parish will never sell enough tickets to draw such entertainers. It'll sit empty while gouging a huge tax bite out of property owners.
The Police Jury sold us a pig in a poke. I hope the voters will remember the promises each Police Juror made during the campaign to pass the coliseum tax.
Mr John Q X-employee

Pearl River, LA

#19905 May 5, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text> As long as people can vote for tax increases they do not have to pay for, they will. Fact of life. I am just curious how much my taxes will go up. I wish they would say that on the ballot. What exactly is "an increase of .32 mils"?
what's the difference in that and voting with a bias or among party lines. ex. if you vote dem just cause that's what you and your family have always done, then you shouldn't vote either. that's how we get all these criminals in office in the first place, cause people just don't care enough to study the issues or candidates.
wow

Pineville, LA

#19906 May 5, 2013
Mr John Q X-employee wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the difference in that and voting with a bias or among party lines. ex. if you vote dem just cause that's what you and your family have always done, then you shouldn't vote either. that's how we get all these criminals in office in the first place, cause people just don't care enough to study the issues or candidates.
I completely agree with you. Voting with a team mentality is wrong. How does that apply to my above post though?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Scott Ortego aka Squiggy Tue SMG_17 1
Which city is prettier and has a better city fe... Mon fyi 6
trenna bonnette Jun 26 teach 7
Alexandria Music Thread (Mar '14) Jun 25 smilez 11
GAEDA Property-Alexandria Zoo Jun 25 smilez 3
Ms Cruise Captain Jun 25 smilez 2
Alexandria City Marshal arrested Jun 25 smilez 3

St. Landry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance