Another Professional Law enforcement blunder!

Posted in the St. Landry Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Sep 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

A traffic stop, commonly called being pulled over, is a temporary detention of a driver of a vehicle by police to investigate a possible crime. In constitutional law in the United States, a traffic stop is considered to be a subset of the Terry stop; the standard set by the United States Supreme Court in Terry v. Ohio regarding temporary detentions requires only reasonable suspicion that a crime has occurred or is about to occur.
So why is the SO allowing officers to perform traffic stops to issue a subpoena?? Not a good idea!!! Lawful??? We shall see!! Where was the crime/PC??
Blue

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Spaz wrote:
A traffic stop, commonly called being pulled over, is a temporary detention of a driver of a vehicle by police to investigate a possible crime. In constitutional law in the United States, a traffic stop is considered to be a subset of the Terry stop; the standard set by the United States Supreme Court in Terry v. Ohio regarding temporary detentions requires only reasonable suspicion that a crime has occurred or is about to occur.
So why is the SO allowing officers to perform traffic stops to issue a subpoena?? Not a good idea!!! Lawful??? We shall see!! Where was the crime/PC??
Constitutional rights violation. Illegal seizure of person and property. Where did this happen?
Lawyer Cam

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Spaz wrote:
The Fourth Amendment protects you from unreasonable seizure of yourself or your PROPERTY. A police officer may arrest you if he has probable cause to believe you engaged in criminal activity in front of him. However, arresting you without probable cause is illegal. A police officer cannot seize your personal property or material evidence from your home without a search warrant. Your vehicle cannot be stopped and searched without an officer demonstrating reasonable suspicion that you ARE engaged in criminal activity. It was a clear violation against you bud! Need a lawyer?
Bebier

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Professional Law Enforcement and the EPSO do not go together. They are so far apart that it is pathetic. They are an insult to all professional policemen in Louisiana. What they did is wrong, and embarrassing. Are they too lazy to go to your residence to serve you? They have no supervision and no leadership.
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Bebier wrote:
Professional Law Enforcement and the EPSO do not go together. They are so far apart that it is pathetic. They are an insult to all professional policemen in Louisiana. What they did is wrong, and embarrassing. Are they too lazy to go to your residence to serve you? They have no supervision and no leadership.
I never said a department! But i like your way of thinking.
Big Papa Pump

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Yall are all a bunch of idiots go get laid and stop arguing back and forth like ppl give a shit about this website. It was made for loosers like you guys that have nothing else better to do with your lives if you can do a better job shut the hell up and go do it quit running your damn mouths. Its people like YOU thats embarassing
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Big Papa Pump wrote:
Yall are all a bunch of idiots go get laid and stop arguing back and forth like ppl give a shit about this website. It was made for loosers like you guys that have nothing else better to do with your lives if you can do a better job shut the hell up and go do it quit running your damn mouths. Its people like YOU thats embarassing
Big "Pump"???? LOL. Looks like you're pretty damn embarrassing too dumb azz!!
Thats Sad

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Spaz wrote:
Sir I can tell you have no ideal about the Law in respects to serving a Judges Order. We are not in Ohio.
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Thats Sad wrote:
<quoted text>Sir I can tell you have no ideal about the Law in respects to serving a Judges Order. We are not in Ohio.
"Ideal"???? How about idea, and it's not from a judge yank!! Learn the law before you preach here!! Violation is what it was!! Low on the totem pole for experience and professionalism. Ohio??? Get a grip!
Bebier

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Thats Sad wrote:
<quoted text> Sir I can tell you have no ideal about the Law in respects to serving a Judges Order. We are not in Ohio.
We all know we are not in Ohio. But this a fedral supreme court decesion and sets law for the nation. What rock did you climb out from under. You must be Dwayne Ledeaux.
Thats Sad

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

thats all good, but your still wrong.
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Thats Sad wrote:
thats all good, but your still wrong.
Ok Mr DA! STFU!
Thats Sad

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Spaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Mr DA! STFU!
Well I can see you will need help with the answer. See your stuck on the notion that the officer conducted a traffic stop. Go back to your Ohio Law Books and read carefully. You may find that there are more than just traffic stops a law enforcement Officer can conduct. Okay thats the only hint you are gonna get. By the way Im going out on a limb when I say this, Its probably not the way it was served but more the content of the paper work. Im gonna guess child support order. OKAY YOUR TURN!
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Thats Sad wrote:
<quoted text>Well I can see you will need help with the answer. See your stuck on the notion that the officer conducted a traffic stop. Go back to your Ohio Law Books and read carefully. You may find that there are more than just traffic stops a law enforcement Officer can conduct. Okay thats the only hint you are gonna get. By the way Im going out on a limb when I say this, Its probably not the way it was served but more the content of the paper work. Im gonna guess child support order. OKAY YOUR TURN!
Negative!! And what the hell does Ohio law have to do with anything? Shows how much you really know! Terry v Ohio is case law the set precedence to state law!! Jakazz!!
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Thats Sad wrote:
<quoted text>Well I can see you will need help with the answer. See your stuck on the notion that the officer conducted a traffic stop. Go back to your Ohio Law Books and read carefully. You may find that there are more than just traffic stops a law enforcement Officer can conduct. Okay thats the only hint you are gonna get. By the way Im going out on a limb when I say this, Its probably not the way it was served but more the content of the paper work. Im gonna guess child support order. OKAY YOUR TURN!
Oh by the way azzcream, it's a witness subpoena! Idiot.
thats sad

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Spaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh by the way azzcream, it's a witness subpoena! Idiot.
Great rebuddtle.
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

thats sad wrote:
<quoted text>Great rebuddtle.
Correctly spelled "rebuttal" (law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder. Thanks gain counselor!
thats sad

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Spaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correctly spelled "rebuttal" (law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder. Thanks gain counselor!
How long did you have to read your OHio LAw book to find that info.
Spaz

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

thats sad wrote:
<quoted text>How long did you have to read your OHio LAw book to find that info.
I'm sure you're one of those phucktards from California!! Explains your lack of knowledge of the law!!
Huhh

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I'm guessing the Ohio/ California comments are supposed to be directed towards me. If they are I have to inform you that I no longer play on topix, but if I do I don't hide under a fake name. I claim my posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Landry Discussions

Search the St. Landry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Hold on there 2,674
Arrest Made in Ville Platte Homicide 4 hr scotty 5
Whose dat lady? 5 hr yea buddy 6
Baton Rouge woman arrested after reckless drivi... 7 hr Pulla Ur Legg 3
Fants Seafood Restaurant 7 hr Fants fan 3
black sam 19 hr white shane 2
Hailey Fontenot soileu Tue whoooaa now 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Landry Jobs

•••