Women drafted for combat?

Women drafted for combat?

Posted in the St. Landry Forum

Dad

Washington, LA

#1 Jan 24, 2013
I'm all for equal rights but I can't see my daughter becoming a very effective weapon of war. I'm not even opposed to women being drafted but for combat? Women have won an equality battle that I don't think the majority would agree.
Military Member

United States

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Dad wrote:
I'm all for equal rights but I can't see my daughter becoming a very effective weapon of war. I'm not even opposed to women being drafted but for combat? Women have won an equality battle that I don't think the majority would agree.
Don't see it being very effective!! Not that they can't do the job, but it is the restrictions associated with the jobs, carrying of heavy weapons, people...that will plague the service!! I'm all for them fighting if they choose, but they will be limited in the type of combat positions they will be able to fill.
Equality

Hammond, LA

#3 Jan 25, 2013
It is not always about "brawn"; also about "brains".

Seems like everytime a new idea is presented, people go into overtime putting forth why "it will not work", NEGATIVE.

Why not turn it around and see the good points and move forward with that? Everyone will benefit from that!
Dad

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2013
It's a great way to eliminate the draft.
Military Member

Ville Platte, LA

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Equality wrote:
It is not always about "brawn"; also about "brains".

Seems like everytime a new idea is presented, people go into overtime putting forth why "it will not work", NEGATIVE.

Why not turn it around and see the good points and move forward with that? Everyone will benefit from that!
And I agree with you! I am not against it, I am just saying that certain combat line will have to be adjusted to support the mission of women in a combat environment. Semper Fi
Stipend

Ville Platte, LA

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Equality wrote:
It is not always about "brawn"; also about "brains".
Seems like everytime a new idea is presented, people go into overtime putting forth why "it will not work", NEGATIVE.
Why not turn it around and see the good points and move forward with that? Everyone will benefit from that!
When a 220 lb. man gets wounded on the battle field and needs his partner to drag him out of harms way i guess a woman will use her mind to do this????A person should only do what he or she qualifies to do!!Things like affimative action is totally stupid.A person should be judged by his or her qualifications and abilities,nothing more or nothing less!!!
Military Member

Ville Platte, LA

#7 Jan 26, 2013
Stipend wrote:
<quoted text>When a 220 lb. man gets wounded on the battle field and needs his partner to drag him out of harms way i guess a woman will use her mind to do this????A person should only do what he or she qualifies to do!!Things like affimative action is totally stupid.A person should be judged by his or her qualifications and abilities,nothing more or nothing less!!!
Perfectly stated!!! That was my whole point. When thy are transitioned into a combat line the military will have to restructure the military occupation specialty for women. I do not see it strengthening anything. I am surely NOT saying that all women can't perform the duties, I am saying not all can. Just as not all men can, and when this happens, men also are realigned into an MOS which suits them. OR they get the hell out of the service!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weiss & Goldring Building 2 hr Nodameen 10
Layoffs at EPSO 7 hr Another ex employee 4
lee Katherine Lahaye Aug 21 d b cooper 22
Milf's!! Aug 15 drooling 2
Olive Garden coming to Alexandria (Jul '11) Aug 15 Alexadria Resident 59
chris baughman Aug 15 truck 1 3
Whats taking Shipleys so long to build? Aug 13 CenLAGent 1

St. Landry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Landry Mortgages