Hypes trial delayed again

Hypes trial delayed again

There are 91 comments on the KPLC-TV Lake Charles story from Feb 1, 2006, titled Hypes trial delayed again. In it, KPLC-TV Lake Charles reports that:

ALEXANDRIA, La. There is a new schedule for the case of Amanda Gutweiler Hypes, the 35-year-old former Tioga woman accused of the capital murder of her three children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KPLC-TV Lake Charles.

ANONYMOUS

Bridgeport, WV

#21 Jun 24, 2006
Tina wrote:
I know her family and yes she has good parents, but just because you come from a good family doesnt mean you wouldnt commit a crime, come on!!
TINA,IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU KNOW THIS FAMILY,THEY ARE BETTER OFF NOT TO KNOW YOU. YOU ARE ALSO GUILTY OF PASSING JUDGEMENT ONTO SOMEONE,AND FOR BEING A HYPOCRITE. IF YOU KNOW HER, HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW HER? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU TALKED TO HER?
ANONYMOUS

Bridgeport, WV

#22 Jun 24, 2006
jane doe wrote:
You must be as crazy as she is! Evidence has not been presented yet because of all of the delays. You must have misunderstood the media. They said that the mistake made was in sharing of information not in the gathering of evidence. A good mom does more than home school their children.
JANE DOE,YOU ARE ALSO ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE SO BORED AND MISARABLE WITH THEIR LIFE THAT THEY HAVE TO PASS JUDGEMENT AND TO RIDICULE SOMEONE ELSE. YOU NEED TO DO MORE STUDY ON THE FACTS OF THIS CASE. YOU EVER THINK MOST OF THE DELAYS IS FOR THE D.A. TO COVER UP HIS UNLAWFUL ACTS, AND FOR THE DEFENSE TO BRING OUT THE TRUTH? DID YOU SEEM TO MISS THE PART IN THE MEDIA THAT YOU THINK IS SO GREAT WHERE THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WERE NO ACCELERANTS FOUND IN THE DWELLING. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ARSON WITH NO ACCELERANTS? ONCE AGAIN, YOU NEED TO KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH BEFORE YOU PASS JUDGEMENT ON SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!1
ANONYMOUS

Bridgeport, WV

#23 Jun 24, 2006
Anonymous wrote:
personally I know Amanda and her current husband Josh. I had the opportunity to talk to her about the deaths of her children before she was ever charged and after that conversation I concluded she is not the broke up mother her lawyers portray her as. She never once shed a tear while discussing their deaths and as a parent I find that difficult to take in. If she is so innocent why the lack of emotion. What about the father's of those kids? Nobody seems to mention their loss along with the children's grandparents. This is a tragedy that could have been prevented, why leave small children alone in a house so you can go out. If her children were her life as she claims why not take them with you exspecially children so young. She may/may not have intended to kill them but leaving them home alone shows neglect in their deaths. The courts will decide if it was murder. But you can't deny she is to blame for the deaths of those small kids.
ANONYMOUS, ONCE AGAIN, HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THIS PERSON? DO YOU KNOW THE PAIN SHE AND HER FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH? IN HER DEFENSE, I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED A GREAT LOSS SIMILIAR TO THIS, AND YOU FIND THAT YOU BECOME NUMB TO THE PAIN. NOT BECAUSE YOU DONT FEEL IT,BUT BECAUSE YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND CANNOT CONTAIN IT. HAVE YOU EVER SUFFERED A GREAT LOSS? DO YOU KNOW THE STAGES OF GREIVANCE, ARE YOU A PSYCHOLOGIST,BETTER YET,ARE YOU GOD?
ANONYMOUS

Bridgeport, WV

#24 Jun 24, 2006
Goldie Hurley wrote:
Saying you are "Home schooling" your children doesn't mean that they are learning as they should, and neither does it show that the parent loves them. It could be that the parents are afraid of what their child will reveal about their homelife if they go to school.
.
I thought you had to be qualified to teach your children at home.
I didn't see any tears at her son's funeral either/
Her attorneys have done all they can do to prevent this case from going to trial. If she is so innocent, what do they have to fear. Let the trial begin.
MRS HURLEY, FIRST, SPEAKING OF THE CHILDREN BEING HOMESCHOOLED, YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ACADEMIC ABILITY OF THOSE CHILDREN. YOU ALSO DO NOT KNOW THE HOMELIFES OF THOSE CHILDREN.AND YES IT CAN SHOW THAT A PERSON TRULY LOVES THEIR CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID OF THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS TODAY. SHOOTINGS,DRUGS,TEACHING AGAINST BELIEFS OF GOD,JUST PLAIN OUT CORRUPTION. SO YES, IT COULD BE BECAUSE YOU HOLD YOUR CHILDREN SO DEAR THAT YOU TRY TO KEEP THEM OUT OF HARMS WAY. I ALSO WOULD HOMESCHOOL MY CHILDREN JUST FOR THOSE REASONS. AND YES GOLDIE, YOU DO HAVE TO BE QUALIFIED TO HOMESCHOOL. WERE U REALLY AT THE CHILDRENS FUNERAL, OR ARE YOU JUST GOING BY HERESAY YOURSELF? BECAUSE IF YOU WERE THERE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE FUNERAL WAS FOR ALL THREE CHILDREN. HER ATTORNEYS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES FILING MOTIONS AND DELAYS. HOW DO YOU KNOW THE DELAYS ARE NOT TO BRING OUT THE TRUTHS THAT PROVE HER INNOCENCE? YOU MUST HAVE ALL OF YOUR FACTS AND EVIDENCE TOGETHER BEFORE YOU CAN GO INTO A TRIAL LIKE THIS. OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LEGAL SYSTEM, NOR HAVE YOU FOLLOWED THIS CASE WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT THE DELAYS AND MOTIONS ARE FOR. WHEN AND IF THE TRIAL BEGINS, YOU MAY JUST FIND YOURSELF IN DISBELIEF OF HOW MUCH YOU DID NOT KNOW, AND IM SURE SHE WILL WALK OUT A FREE WOMAN, AND YOU MAY ALSO FIND YOURSELF ASKING GOD FOR FORGIVENESS FOR PASSING SUCH JUDGEMENT ON AN INNOCENT WOMANS SOUL.
anonymous

AOL

#25 Jun 25, 2006
I did, yes, yes yes, no, and i still think she is guilty! However I am not passing judgement, Just stating my opinion.
She did leave her children alone, she did try to stop a neighbor from entering the home in an attempt to rescue her children, she did not have smoke inhallation from trying to rescue them herself. She was an EXCELLENT mother. Someone set that fire, yes I saw the spalding marks so yes there was an accellerant used; if she didn't set it, i do believe wholeheartedly that she knew about it. That makes her just as guilty.
anonymous

AOL

#26 Jun 25, 2006
and you do not have to be qualified to be a homeschool teacher. All you have to do is apply to the state you live in, get the materials, and hopefully educate your children. Amanda did do that and she did teach her children. That still has nothing to do with this trial. There is alot of information on the web that proves that homeschooled children are sometimes worse off than their peers and sometimes suffer more violence., and by the way this is a different anonymous than the one you just passed judgement on. You need to take your own advice. You have your opinion and they have theirs, no reason to get nasty, this is a forum (where people in this country are allowed to express their opinions) if you don't want anyone to pass judgement, you don't have any right to put down or hold up our legal system. You want them to pass judgement on her innocence. So what if someone thinks she is guilty. That is what this forum is for. So take your own advice and quit passing your own judgement to the people responding here. They have a right to thier own opinion, If you truly don't like it, quit being a biggot and responding to the people who just want to express their opinions.
By the way, I doubt the LEGAL system will be allowed to pass a guilty or innocence judgement, I believe this case will be dismissed quietly b/c of the expense of housing and retrying the case
Mel

Clear Spring, MD

#27 Jun 28, 2006
Anonymous,
I agree with you whole hearted.... but if she ever gets out she is going to have a hard life.... I think about Amanda every day of my life.... The children were beautiful.... I knew the two oldest ones but not the young one.... This mother was good to her kids and loved them very much.... I use to think to myself that I wished I could be a good mother and stay home with my children every day but in most situations that is a fantasy Most moms have to work..... To everybody that say she is crazy.... she is not.... she did go through wild times but I did to does that make me crazy... of course not...... All I can say about the people that judge her with such a harsh heart must be miserable in life... I was taught and she was to to love and believe in people.... If you judge with a harsh heart then you will be judged in the same manor... I know everyone has something to say about her and Tina you say you went to school with her well how much time have you spent with her since?????? Well I am here to tell you she was a good mom and the only reason she was going to the bank that day was to get money to take all of them to the zoo.... I am sorry that all this has happened but it does not make her a killer...... Just a very sad accident... That she has to live with the rest of her life.. Ya know everyone can sit there and judge her but not as bad as she judges herself... so you think about all of this before you judge love and believe with all your heart.... don't just condem the innocent....
anonymous2

AOL

#28 Jun 28, 2006
well, Amanda was released today. Apparently the courts agree with you. I still believe the marks I saw on the concrete were spalding and that Amanda did know something about this fire. I do agree with you that while she was a mother she was a very good mother. It is very complicated, I do see Amanda's side. I do see the prosecution's side. I do understand that they do have some very telling evidence against Amanda. It's just a shame that the pubic will not be able to see this evidence and make their own judgement, thanks to mistakes made by the prosecution.
Mel

United States

#29 Jun 28, 2006
Well All I can say is that she is out of that Hell..... And I glad to see that... When my dad called this evening to tell me I was in tears.... Happy to hear she was free.... For a woman who has been through hell for the last few years can see her family hug them and just be with them..... I could not imagine not being able to see my family when ever I wanted to.... She has lost alot..... and I hope she can rebuild her life..... I love you amanda and Welcome Back....
Alexandria-La

United States

#30 Jun 29, 2006
Dear Anonymous, You have asked Tina several times how well she knew Amanda, you state yourself that you knew her older children, but not her youngest which was 3 years old. How well did you know her if you never knew this child? I work at a mental health clinic and I can assure you, a person can change considerably in 3 years.
Mel

United States

#31 Jun 29, 2006
Well #1 you need to get your story strait it was me that said that and I really don't care cause she is free and I am sure alot can change in 3 years but let me tell you I know her and she would not hurt her children.... So let the evidence stand.. I love you Amanda and Welcome back to the real world
Jodie

Las Vegas, NV

#32 Jun 29, 2006
Rather she is guilty or innocent is not far me to comment on, because I dont know. But I do know that the only facts in the case is that she left her 3 kids home alone, which is something she now has to live with. You dont leave kids home alone for no amount of time. But I agree with her attorney, there was no evidence that she commited a crime, other than leaving her kids alone. So she had every right to be released, because of lack of evidence.
Anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#33 Jun 29, 2006
I agree with her attorney, no evidence so she deserved to be released from jail. The only crime was leaving her kids home alone, which is something she has to live with.And she has served time. I think that she made a mistake, but she has to live with the choice she made, not us.
objective

Henderson, NV

#34 Jun 29, 2006
I'm not "assuming" anything... I KNOW she is innocent. Sounds to me like you are assuming she is guilty... Listen, I have learned a huge life lesson watching people's reaction to this case, and knowing what I know. I am amazed at the way human beings are so ruthlessly and savagely willing to proceed with automatic assasination, especially when they are not armed with all the facts. THANK GOD for our justice system! Who, by the way, threw out her murder indictment, AND allowed her to post bail. You people have NO IDEA what this woman has been through. Like I said before, may The Almighty God have mercy on your poor pathetic souls.
objective wrote:
It doesn't sound to me as if you are being objective. You assume she is innocent; others assume she is guilty. You know what they say about assumptions, they are the mother of all...
objective

Henderson, NV

#35 Jun 29, 2006
Mel, I think I know you! We used to go to church together, I know your daughter!
Anonymous, I am assuming you are close to Amanda. I just want you to know that I never let anyone say anything bad about her in front of me. I set them straight really fast. We all learned something from this, huh. If you talk to Amanda, please let her know that God is still speaking to people concerning her! It's amazing-- I haven't really been following her case as of late, and a couple of weeks ago in prayer, she came before me, so I started to diligently pray for her. Then today I find out why! I picked up the Town Talk and there she was on the front page! We serve an AMAZING God!
Remind her of the calling she told me about...I will be praying for it to come into fruition!
Anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#36 Jun 29, 2006
I feel sorry for the fathers of the children she had. Yeah in a way I feel sorry for Amanda to, but look at it like this, she was old enough to have children, then she should have been old enough not to leave them home alone. Period no excuses. they were 10, 6 and 3. And yes I have children and I have never left them home alone, not even to walk to the mailbox. But as far as her being guilty of a crime, there is no proof of that. She has suffered I am sure, but so has the fathers to these beautiful children, and so have their parents.
Anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#37 Jun 29, 2006
Objective from Alexandria, I'm not assuming anything, its facts. The facts are that she left her children home alone, and thats poor judgement on her part. Its not about rather she is innocent or guilty of a crime, its about if she didnt leave them home alone to begin with, we wouldnt be having this conversation, because none of this would have happened. But I do pray that she can have some sense of normality in her life and move forward. Because the Fathers to these children have not I am sure.
Anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#38 Jun 29, 2006
The sad thing is we'll never know now whether she is guilty or if she is innocent. There has to be some evidence we know nothing about for a person to have been held in jail that long. Now because of all the problems with the judicial system, she'll never pay if guilty, nor clear her name if innocent.
objective

Henderson, NV

#39 Jun 29, 2006
Anonymous wrote:
Objective from Alexandria, I'm not assuming anything, its facts. The facts are that she left her children home alone, and thats poor judgement on her part. Its not about rather she is innocent or guilty of a crime, its about if she didnt leave them home alone to begin with, we wouldnt be having this conversation, because none of this would have happened. But I do pray that she can have some sense of normality in her life and move forward. Because the Fathers to these children have not I am sure.
How can you be sure of anything? You issued a lot of harsh statements... extremely judgemental statements. And you can't actually expect us as sentient adults to actually believe that you don't even go to the mailbox without your kids. Give me a friggin' break. How old are they? You know, I was pretty mature at ten years old, considering the fact that I was the eldest of four children and was a tremendous help to my mother concerning my siblings. As a matter of fact, I can remember babysitting my five year old sister and two year old brother at the age of eight for half a day. So now are you going to say something bad about my dear mother, who happens to be an upstanding citizen as well as an excellent mother? We did what we had to do, and that makes us HUMAN. Apparently you need to write a book, with all of your infinite wisdom on child rearing and superhuman parenting skills. Oh teach us, Grand Poobah, how do you do it??? Thou most perfect of mothers?
Anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#40 Jun 29, 2006
objective wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be sure of anything? You issued a lot of harsh statements... extremely judgemental statements. And you can't actually expect us as sentient adults to actually believe that you don't even go to the mailbox without your kids. Give me a friggin' break. How old are they? You know, I was pretty mature at ten years old, considering the fact that I was the eldest of four children and was a tremendous help to my mother concerning my siblings. As a matter of fact, I can remember babysitting my five year old sister and two year old brother at the age of eight for half a day. So now are you going to say something bad about my dear mother, who happens to be an upstanding citizen as well as an excellent mother? We did what we had to do, and that makes us HUMAN. Apparently you need to write a book, with all of your infinite wisdom on child rearing and superhuman parenting skills. Oh teach us, Grand Poobah, how do you do it??? Thou most perfect of mothers?
I dont care what you believe about me. I'm not on trial here. I'm still talking about facts, and by the way its obvious that you would leave your children 10 and under homw alone, so you need to be looked at, not me. Since you have the answers you need to wrire the book not me, but first take parenting lessons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House fire at Clear Water Lake Aug.3 (or about). 8 hr Angel unaware 1
Rapides Parish Narcotics In-House Investigation (Aug '11) Mon Nojusticestill 197
Community College Parking and Mayor Roy Nov 16 RapidesBayouResident 4
Mayor Roy and Kim Jong Un have SAME BARBER Nov 15 Slow On Uptake 2
Ashley Broussard ever came back from that drug ... Nov 14 555abc 2
Alexandria city Marshal election Nov 1 RapidesBayouResident 1
Jessica howerton Oct 22 Ex from Lafayette 2

St. Landry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Landry Mortgages