Comments
41 - 43 of 43 Comments Last updated Feb 2, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Houston, TX

#42 Jan 31, 2013
The sheriff told me after his first election that he wanted to improve transportation, technology, equipment and payroll for his deputies. I see improvement in all these areas. Is it to the stature of some of the other departments in the state. No but there is improvement. The delay is Politics. We want more money for the officers in this parish we need to apply pressure to the political machine. Not the sheriff, not the chief bit to those controlling the purse strings. I believe that if the mayor of VP told the Chief that he could hire new people at 14 an hour starting tomorrow he would and he would try to find the best possible for that position and the same stands true with the sheriff. Numbers supporting one to speak to the machine on their behalf to work toward a common goal for the better of all LEO's in the parish. Thats all.
ELEA also wants to be their for officers injured in the line of duty with monetary assistance when those bills pile up. Their alwys their for us, why not return the favor. Be their for their family if the worst occurs. Our LEO's shouldn't be worried about losing homes or vehicles because of an injury. We want to have sponsored fund raising events to not only assist in helping injured officers but also bring public awareness and public support to our agencies.
I believe that top quality law enforcement opens the door for new business. New business brings additional tax revenue and if invested properly in our education system could increase new business again in the parish. It starts here and we need your help.
not so fast

Ville Platte, LA

#43 Jan 31, 2013
TBarney wrote:
The sheriff told me after his first election that he wanted to improve transportation, technology, equipment and payroll for his deputies. I see improvement in all these areas. Is it to the stature of some of the other departments in the state. No but there is improvement. The delay is Politics. We want more money for the officers in this parish we need to apply pressure to the political machine. Not the sheriff, not the chief bit to those controlling the purse strings. I believe that if the mayor of VP told the Chief that he could hire new people at 14 an hour starting tomorrow he would and he would try to find the best possible for that position and the same stands true with the sheriff. Numbers supporting one to speak to the machine on their behalf to work toward a common goal for the better of all LEO's in the parish. Thats all.
ELEA also wants to be their for officers injured in the line of duty with monetary assistance when those bills pile up. Their alwys their for us, why not return the favor. Be their for their family if the worst occurs. Our LEO's shouldn't be worried about losing homes or vehicles because of an injury. We want to have sponsored fund raising events to not only assist in helping injured officers but also bring public awareness and public support to our agencies.
I believe that top quality law enforcement opens the door for new business. New business brings additional tax revenue and if invested properly in our education system could increase new business again in the parish. It starts here and we need your help.
Although I think you are on the right track, you are MISTAKEN when it comes down to what you say you have heard from some of these oh so high and mightier than us. I know that the sheriff is not with this and help me understand the improvements there... I can only think of one, but that is in 4yrs. Changing of the guard is what's needed there!!

Since: Jan 13

Houston, TX

#44 Feb 2, 2013
It cost appx $65,000 per year for one billboard sign in the parish. We need members.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... 14 min Hahahaha 21
Da cat & da rat 2 hr lefty 19
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr Not Landrieu 3,061
Who do you want to be the next District Attorne... 5 hr Rapides voter 90
Alexandria Music Thread 6 hr Musikologist 2
the old cockstail (Dec '13) 7 hr electeur 62
Jury convicts Ville Platte man of robbing st. L... 11 hr lefty 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Evangeline Parish was issued at August 29 at 9:00PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

St. Landry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000