Krotz Springs PD Hires New Staff

Krotz Springs PD Hires New Staff

There are 32 comments on the KLFY-TV Lafayette story from Jan 12, 2011, titled Krotz Springs PD Hires New Staff. In it, KLFY-TV Lafayette reports that:

The residents of one Acadiana town won't have to worry about their safety anymore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLFY-TV Lafayette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
damnnnnnn

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2011
So what does everyone think?
Facts

Plainview, NY

#2 Jan 12, 2011
I believe he made great choices. I really do! I think he will surprise this town!
Up the Levee

Sunset, LA

#3 Jan 12, 2011
So who are the new officers and dispatchers?
resfd

Ponchatoula, LA

#4 Jan 12, 2011
I agree; great choices!
one of many

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2011
I know his heart is for the well being for the people of K.S.and the district. He will serve the community with honorable example and intentions. What a welcomed change for the good..... for the town and it's citizens. Congradulations to the newly elected Chief!I am one of many. Your support goes far beyond the Krotz Springs City Limits!
Up the Levee

Sunset, LA

#6 Jan 13, 2011
So... I'm guessing nobody knows whom our new officers and dispatcher are? Anyone?
WHAT

Plainview, NY

#7 Jan 13, 2011
I just hope he tries to hire local people instead of being like the firehall all out of town peole. Give our local people a chance.
Up the Levee

Sunset, LA

#8 Jan 13, 2011
I just read the paper and it said he hired four cops but it only gave three names. It also said he hired ten dispatchers. I'm thinking that's a typo.
lol

Lafayette, LA

#9 Jan 13, 2011
WHAT wrote:
I just hope he tries to hire local people instead of being like the firehall all out of town peole. Give our local people a chance.
I agree, are there ANY townies working for the KSFD anymore? Can go overboard though, will city hall finally get some new blood also? MAYBE...someone who isn't related???
Richard

Arnaudville, LA

#10 Jan 13, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, are there ANY townies working for the KSFD anymore? Can go overboard though, will city hall finally get some new blood also? MAYBE...someone who isn't related???
You don't want people from town if you want it cleaned up
loser

Krotz Springs, LA

#11 Jan 13, 2011
norman hired town people alright the drug user;s' he should have all the people he hired go take drug screeing and than you will see who will stay working there even him to.we are not safe here no more,there want be no drug raids because the worker will tell them they are comeing,hide, and who wants norman that will curss out ever one with filth.you,ll no who you are. all loser.s
Filth

Plainview, NY

#12 Jan 13, 2011
Excuse me? But before you start running your mouth about the employees, I do believe you need to get your facts straight! Because I know for a fact, 4 people, which include 2 dispatchers and 2 officers, that definitely ARE NOT drug users. So before you start saying they ALL are, maybe you should list who you're speaking about. Because obviously they aren't ALL users!
And speaking of users, I do believe the old chief was running around scoring some white stuff around town. That's a fact. Now..... Please, if you know these so called employees who are using drugs, I think you should man up and list some names. Thanks a**hole!
winner

United States

#13 Jan 13, 2011
loser wrote:
norman hired town people alright the drug user;s' he should have all the people he hired go take drug screeing and than you will see who will stay working there even him to.we are not safe here no more,there want be no drug raids because the worker will tell them they are comeing,hide, and who wants norman that will curss out ever one with filth.you,ll no who you are. all loser.s
you suck at typing and your comment was all jumbled up, i would assume you mumble in conversation
hello

United States

#14 Jan 14, 2011
loser wrote:
It sounds to me like Loser is just that a loser. What's the matter Loser you applied for a job at the KSPD and didn't get it? As for as all the employees being on drugs well that's just lie. If you don't like the way things are in town PLEASE leave. I love the town and I hope we can be the great town we once were. It's people like you that's dragging us down. Do us all a favor and pack up and go!!!
clarify

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2011
Filth wrote:
Excuse me? But before you start running your mouth about the employees, I do believe you need to get your facts straight! Because I know for a fact, 4 people, which include 2 dispatchers and 2 officers, that definitely ARE NOT drug users. So before you start saying they ALL are, maybe you should list who you're speaking about. Because obviously they aren't ALL users!
And speaking of users, I do believe the old chief was running around scoring some white stuff around town. That's a fact. Now..... Please, if you know these so called employees who are using drugs, I think you should man up and list some names. Thanks a**hole!
Please clarify which two new officers you are referring to. I think the original comment was about new officers? If so, then did they just hire more than two officers? If the answer to the last question was no...then you are definitely trying to blow smoke! No punt intended but one of them knows alot about just that! However, that being said, people can change and blowing smoke doesn't make you a bad person. In fact, even though it is not my thing, the person in mind is a good man otherwise. In my opinion,not a bad hire in spite of the persons past choices,...just fact pointing here no reason to argue.
clarify

United States

#16 Jan 14, 2011
I would like to add this...No one will cross the person I am referring to without getting a little attitude adjustment! Not a bad characteristic to have for an officer of the law to have. Guts will not be a problem for him...think about it, he will not only be courageuous in his duties but also will protect KS. I agree with the hire so go out and prove me right buddy!
clarify

United States

#17 Jan 14, 2011
okay my apologies for not having read all posts. I see where someone said he named 3 new officers...my comments stand the same otherwise.
howdidthisgounch allenged

United States

#18 Jan 14, 2011
I can't believe somebody on here is that mature and honest as "clarify". I know the young officer better than anyone reading comments on topix and i have to say thank you to "clarify" for that honest and accurate accessment. Let me say first to everyone in KS (including) the PD staff and everyone they affect that the young officer is not only a friend but also a good young man. Everyone in this life has a part of their past that they are not particularly proud of and he is no different other than maybe his past is not really bad when you consider he was/is young, could have done worse things, and more importantly has changed even the remotely undesirable things in his past recently. He and are very close and although we are not, he and I have somewhat of a father son relationship. He has a father and I don't try to interfere with that, however I see him more these days and for whatever reason we developed that sort of relationship over the most recent two or three years. I suppose it is because I am there for him when he is not able to speak with his Dad and that is fine by me and I am sure by his Dad too because I know his Dad just as well, and I know his Dad respects my ability to advise him when I am needed. I am by no means perfect, but as all parents do (and I have children also) I want whats best for mine and that includes the officer I am referring to. He has informed me at least a half dozen weeks prior to becoming a policeman that he has finally almost fully matured. He told me before he even thought of becoming a cop that he realized that there are some things it was time to "mature" about. Honestly, I wasn't convinced he was being totally honest with me or himself until weeks later he became a policeman. I now totally believe him because I NEVER saw that coming and we are very close. Honestly, I think some of the talks with him may have finally sunk in...at least I would like to think that! But, whether it was me or the fact that his most recent "scuffle" was embarrassing to him for the first time ever, i am overjoyed. Anyone, who knows him half as much as me, must also know these things:
1. Noone ever called him a coward. Did he not do enough to avoid a fight in the past, of course he did but he is young and told me he has changed. I believe him now more than ever and I am a good person to judge his committment. I am sure he will not let anyone push him too far but I truly think he will avoid trouble if possible now that he realizes to let most things just go...
2. This kid/young man...sorry, not literally but I watched him mature and overcome so much in his life that I am proud to say this KID (to me) is and always was a good person. Regardless of what people have said about him, everyone knows he is a good person...even people that have crossed him admit that. He is just a likeable young man. I have seen pointless scuffles that after it was over, whether it could have been avoided or not, the other person ends up his friend. Call it respect for whatever reason, the truth is what it is. Now that he has reached maturity he is going to be respected even more for that than anything else, and he realizes that now.

This post will continue in next posting due to limited characters and will start with number 3.
I will keep it as short as possible and finish getting my point across...i promise...keep reading.
howdidthisgounch allenged

United States

#19 Jan 14, 2011
3. The last thing I would like to say (to shorten this comment somewhat) and by far not the end of the list is that this kid, sorry, young man has made me proud for many things but most of all besides the most recent months/weeks is something I never even told HIM and I should have long ago. The fact that he has come so far being dealt the hand he had so young. I know everyone has had adversities to overcome but his I know of and watched unfold and he dealt with them on his own, before he ever asked my advice for anything, and that is why I know he will be a great father and asset to society someday soon. Trust me when I tell you, this young man has already made great strides. Not to reveal too many of his person hurdles, but just for instance consider this...those of you who are quick to judge negatively...this young man turned a poor school student mentality (understandle based upon circumstances) and performance year after year, into a kid who completed military school and became an outstanding athlete and darn good student, and respected for his achievements. I was totally shocked and proud from that point up to the present time. This is just one of many examples I will give you people who judge without truly knowing the facts.

I have made this too long already and I realize that so I will close by saying I am proud of this young man for many things he has already done and if my kids improve their lives at the rate at which he has (of course relative to their particulat hands dealt to begin with) I will be able to go to my grave in peace, knowing that they will make it in life. Sorry for the long speech, but I wanted to inform those of you who are unaware of many things but are intelligent and/or close to the Lord because you are the people who will form your own opinion based on truth not gossip.

Just so you negative people know this is not the young man in question, you will just have to take a leap of faith for once in your life. I prefer to remain anonymous, although many who truly know us will know my identity.
K. S. resident

Plainview, NY

#20 Jan 14, 2011
howdidthisgounchallenged wrote:
I can't believe somebody on here is that mature and honest as "clarify". I know the young officer better than anyone reading comments on topix and i have to say thank you to "clarify" for that honest and accurate accessment. Let me say first to everyone in KS (including) the PD staff and everyone they affect that the young officer is not only a friend but also a good young man. Everyone in this life has a part of their past that they are not particularly proud of and he is no different other than maybe his past is not really bad when you consider he was/is young, could have done worse things, and more importantly has changed even the remotely undesirable things in his past recently. He and are very close and although we are not, he and I have somewhat of a father son relationship. He has a father and I don't try to interfere with that, however I see him more these days and for whatever reason we developed that sort of relationship over the most recent two or three years. I suppose it is because I am there for him when he is not able to speak with his Dad and that is fine by me and I am sure by his Dad too because I know his Dad just as well, and I know his Dad respects my ability to advise him when I am needed. I am by no means perfect, but as all parents do (and I have children also) I want whats best for mine and that includes the officer I am referring to. He has informed me at least a half dozen weeks prior to becoming a policeman that he has finally almost fully matured. He told me before he even thought of becoming a cop that he realized that there are some things it was time to "mature" about. Honestly, I wasn't convinced he was being totally honest with me or himself until weeks later he became a policeman. I now totally believe him because I NEVER saw that coming and we are very close. Honestly, I think some of the talks with him may have finally sunk in...at least I would like to think that! But, whether it was me or the fact that his most recent "scuffle" was embarrassing to him for the first time ever, i am overjoyed. Anyone, who knows him half as much as me, must also know these things:
1. Noone ever called him a coward. Did he not do enough to avoid a fight in the past, of course he did but he is young and told me he has changed. I believe him now more than ever and I am a good person to judge his committment. I am sure he will not let anyone push him too far but I truly think he will avoid trouble if possible now that he realizes to let most things just go...
2. This kid/young man...sorry, not literally but I watched him mature and overcome so much in his life that I am proud to say this KID (to me) is and always was a good person. Regardless of what people have said about him, everyone knows he is a good person...even people that have crossed him admit that. He is just a likeable young man. I have seen pointless scuffles that after it was over, whether it could have been avoided or not, the other person ends up his friend. Call it respect for whatever reason, the truth is what it is. Now that he has reached maturity he is going to be respected even more for that than anything else, and he realizes that now.

This post will continue in next posting due to limited characters and will start with number 3.
I will keep it as short as possible and finish getting my point across...i promise...keep reading.
Ok but who is the officer you talking about? I still don't know who was hired

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
swingers (Jul '11) Fri Really interested 3
Cleco CEO Jan 19 Fed Up 21
Alexandria Music Thread (Mar '14) Jan 13 Musikologist 10
Pineville's first chain restaurant with alcohol... Jan 3 CenLaGent 1
News Major Drug Bust-Pineville (Jul '06) Jan 3 Real 14
Alexandria Black Attorneys Jan 2 Eric 2
Milf's!! (Mar '16) Dec 28 Some People 4

St. Landry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance