Olive Garden coming to Alexandria

Posted in the St. Landry Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SouthernHusker

Alexandria, LA

#1 Jul 28, 2011
I heard from a reliable source that an Olive Garden is going to be built near Hixson Ford. Some people from Olive Garden were here recently surveying land near there.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 8, 2011
SouthernHusker wrote:
I heard from a reliable source that an Olive Garden is going to be built near Hixson Ford. Some people from Olive Garden were here recently surveying land near there.
I really hope that this rumor is true.
dgr

Cottonport, LA

#3 Nov 10, 2011
SouthernHusker wrote:
was at olive garden yesterday and the manager said that the managers are to report to alexandria location by may 1 2012
xxx

Alexandria, LA

#4 Nov 10, 2011
I don't know if it can be built that soon, May 2012. If it is next to Ford, will they have row boats to get to it since all that is very low? Lets get us a HOOTERS and really have some place to go.
Jena Citizen

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Nov 10, 2011
P
Mo
M
Ms Scarlett

Pineville, LA

#6 Nov 10, 2011
Y'all should really give Verona's a try. It is authentic, not frozen, and way better than any chain restaurant. It is located where the old Sammy's used to be.
imhere

Alexandria, LA

#7 Jan 30, 2012
Anyone know where the new Olive Garden is?
XArmy11b

Alexandria, LA

#8 Jan 30, 2012
I am all for a new restaurant in the Alexandria area, but Ms Scarlett is right. Verona's has an interesting menu and the staff are friendly and efficient. Olive Garden has a great (all you can eat) salad and fantastic bread; unfortunately, their entrees are mediocre, bland and unimaginative.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 23, 2012
I think that Olive Garden serves a fantastic seafood portifino. There are other dishes well worth trying too.
Say What

Alexandria, LA

#10 Apr 24, 2012
Ms Scarlet, Ms Scarlet, I don'ts no nuthin' about them eatin' places!
HOOTERS

Alexandria, LA

#11 Apr 24, 2012
I myself would love to have a Hooters. The Buffalo Wild Wings is ok, but I find it to be expensive, and very poor service. Seems they much prefer a very young crowd, mainly spoiled brat kids out spending mommy and daddys money. If your over 30 or so, you dont seem to have good service coming.

Dumbazz waitresses, who do they think tips....the youngsters or older established people.
Just do it

Pineville, LA

#12 Apr 24, 2012
Ms Scarlett wrote:
Y'all should really give Verona's a try. It is authentic, not frozen, and way better than any chain restaurant. It is located where the old Sammy's used to be.
We've tried Veronas twice and was unsatisfied with the food both times! Personally we prefer Olive Garden!!!!!
NoGoOg

Alexandria, LA

#13 Apr 24, 2012
Sorry folks. Deal fell through on OG. Not coming to Alexandria.
HOOTERS

Alexandria, LA

#14 Apr 25, 2012
OIC....Guess they refused to give contributions to the POA, huh....lol....
mel

United States

#15 Apr 25, 2012
NoGoOg wrote:
Sorry folks. Deal fell through on OG. Not coming to Alexandria.
Olive gardern has gotten thier permits........ looks like they are coming but it takes 4 months to build a rest.
retired person

Alexandria, LA

#16 Apr 26, 2012
Just do it wrote:
<quoted text>We've tried Veronas twice and was unsatisfied with the food both times! Personally we prefer Olive Garden!!!!!
I know for a fact they even serve underage kids. My grandson has been going their and he says they NEVER check his ID..I called the manager and he said it wasn't true. So I went one day with him and lo and behold they served him a beer and NEVER ask for his ID.
Play it again Sam

Pineville, LA

#17 Apr 26, 2012
retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact they even serve underage kids. My grandson has been going their and he says they NEVER check his ID..I called the manager and he said it wasn't true. So I went one day with him and lo and behold they served him a beer and NEVER ask for his ID.
. So what! Your Grandson is breaking the law also! It could be a problem for that particular O G. You failed to state what town or state. That's not exclusive to just O G.
OG girl

Woodworth, LA

#18 Jun 26, 2012
mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Olive gardern has gotten thier permits........ looks like they are coming but it takes 4 months to build a rest.
Love OG!! Been to Verona and I was very unsatisfied I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! My friends and I got to OG In laffy all the time! I don't know anyone who doesn't love it
No name

Ville Platte, LA

#19 Jun 26, 2012
OG girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Love OG!! Been to Verona and I was very unsatisfied I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! My friends and I got to OG In laffy all the time! I don't know anyone who doesn't love it
My wife and I and another couple go to the O.G. in Laff at least once a month. Love it..
Just Observing

Alexandria, LA

#20 Jun 26, 2012
OG girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't love it.
I find their fare nothing more than "chain store" food.
Their entrees are probably mass produced, frozen and shipped to the individual locations where a microwave is used to heat them.
Blah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge rules in favor of Lartigue in residency c... 20 hr big d 6
pine prarie detention center workers call katc ... 21 hr Melinda George 1
airborne bacteria and viruses infultrate the co... 22 hr Melinda George 1
water off at pine prarie detention center for 2... 22 hr Melinda George 1
Shun RINO'S Who Endorsed Terrell Sat Ralph Malph 14
Where'd everyone go Fri DoubleTalk 2
You Gotta Be Kidding Fri DoubleTalk 2
St. Landry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web