Central Louisiana babies make their debut on New Year's Day

Jan 2, 2013 Full story: The Town Talk 13

Day'Lynn Treymar Ford was born at 3:52 a.m. Jan. 1 at Rapides Regional Women's and Children's Hospital.

Full Story
Sign Of Our Time

Alexandria, LA

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Judging from the way this article is written, I guess both babies were born out of wed-lock!
no shame

Pineville, LA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Sign Of Our Time wrote:
Judging from the way this article is written, I guess both babies were born out of wed-lock!
How sad! To bring a child into the world without a stable home of two parents married to each other can't be well for the child. No wonder children have so many problems today. The parents seem to have no shame of wrong doing.
Bob

Winnfield, LA

#3 Jan 2, 2013
no shame wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad! To bring a child into the world without a stable home of two parents married to each other can't be well for the child. No wonder children have so many problems today. The parents seem to have no shame of wrong doing.
Heck they probably had a bacca chaw in their little moufs, and a tiny crescent wrench on a chain round their little necks.. future politicians destined for the political winn hall of fame, where they celebrate the lives of perverts, criminal;s, felons, etc etc..
shameus

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2013
My, what a lovely chimpanzee in the photograph, wasn't aware they delivered them at the hospital now.

“passing with curiousity”

Since: Nov 12

Kansas

#5 Jan 2, 2013
There is lots of babies born out of wedlock. It is how they are raised not because only having one parent. You people are cruel and quick to judge. Like you do no wrong......grow up.

Shameus, I would like to see your newborn photo
think about it

Pineville, LA

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Bob

Winnfield, LA

#7 Jan 2, 2013
dust in the wind 337 wrote:
There is lots of babies born out of wedlock. It is how they are raised not because only having one parent. You people are cruel and quick to judge. Like you do no wrong......grow up.
Yep, just look at the current crop raised by broken homes, drug and alcohol adduicted morons...
so cruel

Pineville, LA

#8 Jan 2, 2013
It is so cruel bring a child into the world to face its whole life without two parents to love and nurture it . It is God's plan for a baby to have two parents who have established a loving home, then have offspring. Yes,there are some people who think they know better than God, and are ever so quick to judge Christians who believe God knows best.
A thought

Pineville, LA

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Regardless of how you feel about the parents, the child did not ask to come into the world. Never the less the child is here and it's life is just as important as a planned pregnancy by two married heterosexual parents. With that said, the parents should prevent pregnancy by obstaining, birth control, but not abortion. If you can't support a child totally in every aspect, you should not become pregnant.
Nodameen

Shreveport, LA

#10 Jan 3, 2013
There's money in them thar babies.
The more babies you have the more money the gummint gives ya.
Majority of those born today will never work a day in their life.
smar tass

Alexandria, LA

#11 Jan 3, 2013
are we really saying that a single parent or two parents who aren't married can't raise a child. get real, grow up, single parents can and do raise children, people live together and raise children everywhere, even in sleepy winn parish. just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean these children can't grow up and become great people.
Sign Of Our Time

Alexandria, LA

#12 Jan 3, 2013
smar tass wrote:
are we really saying that a single parent or two parents who aren't married can't raise a child. get real, grow up, single parents can and do raise children, people live together and raise children everywhere, even in sleepy winn parish. just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean these children can't grow up and become great people.
I think if you would do some research, you would easily find statistics showing children born out of wed-lock have a much higher chance of having babies born out of wed-lock, have a much lower rate of high school graduation, have a much higher rate of eventually living on the public dole and experience a much higher rate of incarceration.

And by the way, do you know you should capitalise the firt letter of the first word in each sentence.

Perhaps you should grow up and face the truth. Bet you voted for Obama!
broken heart

Alexandria, LA

#13 Jan 20, 2013
This was posted on another thread in Winn Topix and shows the heartbreak a child goes through with having one parent neglect them. And because "lots of babies are born out of wedlock" don't make it a bit better for the child and hurts the remainder of their lives".

Daughter wrote:
I am 24 years old and have always known my mother as father & mother to me but it hurts because I do not understand how I remember some what of my dad when I was younger but how.can he be married and have two other children but never supported me or came around knowing he knew where I lived address & never gave me a dime an how can he take care of other Children ?

I do understand how you feel. I did not have any sort of real realtionship with my dad until I was married. The years of him being neglectful could not be forgotten. I did my best to put the past behind and in my heart I forgave him for my own peace of mind. But to answer your question, none of this is about you at all. It is about selfish people that produce kids and never accept the responibility of being a parent. The years go by and they can move on. There is nothing that can fill that void for you, I know that. But understand that you are far from alone. You may find some peace if you can talk to others that have went through this. When it eats at you so bad you can't take it try to go spend some time with someone you know cares about you. I remember when my Mom was alive I used to send her a Fathers Day card as well as a Mothers Day card. The first time I did it she cried because she finally knew how much I appreciated her. Huggs hun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1st assistant 27 min OPI 1
Phillip Terrell sues Robert Washington in Ninth... 1 hr Nodameen 55
Turkey Creek Vote Buying 1 hr silver 15
Who do you want to be the next District Attorne... (Apr '14) 13 hr Same old same old 101
Man arrested at Smoked Meat (Jul '13) 22 hr Commonknowledge 23
Family fighting to save their pit bulla s life Mon danny esparza 1
Alex. City Marshall Sun old man 30
St. Landry Dating
Find my Match

St. Landry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Landry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Landry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News