High School boxing
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dudley

Columbia, MO

#1 Oct 24, 2007
How could we start high school boxing teams in missouri?
coach george hop boxing

Liberia

#2 Jan 31, 2008
dudley first get some kids together thhat want to train in boxing. then you must have a coach the coach has to be registerd with usa boxing inc. in colorado springs colorado. the web address is www.usaboxing.org .
of course your schools administration will have to aprove boxing for team to be school sponserd or endorsed.
i hope this helps you coach george lang house of pain boxing team denver co.
boxing man

Parker, AZ

#3 May 26, 2008
boxing would be great for schools! don't know if it'll happen tho
Charlie

Canandaigua, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2008
Schools, parents, and coaches would never approve of boxing in high school. Too much blood shed... I wish high school did have boxing though, that'd be awesome =D
jim cordova

AOL

#5 Sep 5, 2008
high school boxing is very big in youngstown ohio very large tournament. you do not have to register with usa boxing.they have nothing to do with it.
john lennon

Kansas City, MO

#6 Oct 22, 2008
Dudley wrote:
How could we start high school boxing teams in missouri?
i am tying to do the same thing
john lennon

Kansas City, MO

#7 Oct 22, 2008
how should we start it
john lennon

Kansas City, MO

#8 Oct 22, 2008
there would be less fights in school becaouse kids could take their anger out on boxing it would be smart.
bRiTtAnY

Nashville, TN

#9 Nov 11, 2008
i wish my school would have boxing...we have to many fights that invalve athletics girls and boys so why not have boxing if it keeps us out of trouble?
justin time

Columbia, MO

#10 Feb 12, 2009
i think boxing would be great and cut back on violence in schools because they could take their anger out in an sctually sport. amateur boxing is safer than professional boxing because mouth guards must be worn, as well as shock-absorbent head gear and a shirt. Amateur boxing
gloves are designed to absorb rather than transmit the force of a punch, unlike
professional boxing gloves which makes the sport school save. over all boxing in schools is a great safe idea
izzy vigil age 14

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Feb 18, 2009
i am doing a report on school boxing teams and why there not allowed i mean if we used helmets and mouth guards and regulation gloves then it would be as safe as possible if any of you know any facts on the matter please email me at [email protected] thank for reading !!!!!
alfredo mata

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 21, 2009
high schools should have boxing because it keeps the student from fighting with each other in class
im a boxer and i want boxing in high school
adam

Catawba, NC

#13 Feb 25, 2009
coach george hop boxing wrote:
dudley first get some kids together thhat want to train in boxing. then you must have a coach the coach has to be registerd with usa boxing inc. in colorado springs colorado. the web address is www.usaboxing.org .
of course your schools administration will have to aprove boxing for team to be school sponserd or endorsed.
i hope this helps you coach george lang house of pain boxing team denver co.
hey my name is adam and i am trying to get high school boxing started in my county is there any thing that could help me
adam

Catawba, NC

#14 Feb 25, 2009
hey my name is adam i am doing my senior project paper on high school boxing and why cant there be a actual sport in school more people are injured or killed each year in football than there is boxing if there is anything that i need to know please let me know
Ralph

Kenosha, WI

#15 Apr 18, 2009
Boxing will never be allowed in high schools. It admittedly has a bad rap for injuries and especially for kids at that age level. It might be endorsed in military schools, college fraternities perhaps, but never in high schools unless in an extra curricular off campus setting. Also, people today are just waiting to sue each other for anything.
George Kingfish Stevens

Kansas City, MO

#16 Apr 29, 2009
Ralph wrote:
Boxing will never be allowed in high schools. It admittedly has a bad rap for injuries and especially for kids at that age level. It might be endorsed in military schools, college fraternities perhaps, but never in high schools unless in an extra curricular off campus setting. Also, people today are just waiting to sue each other for anything.
we sho be's trying to make wimps out of our chilrun. I be used to boxing restlin and football wid no protective get ups. most of de boys i be seein couldnt protect demselves or der fambilys. it sho is a shame, ise used to be kwite a pujilisst.
Alex

River Grove, IL

#17 May 7, 2009
Ye aI totally think Boxing should be a sport in HS. I'm a sophmore. I think wrestling is quite homosexual since they roll around on top of each other and touching sensitive areas at the same time. As for football, too many pads. Not rough enough.
boxing inc tucson az

Tucson, AZ

#18 Sep 1, 2009
as a fellow 17 yr old boxer i think it really should be allowed. i really doesnt hurt when u wear headgear
jason cortez

San Antonio, TX

#19 Nov 2, 2009
Charlie wrote:
Schools, parents, and coaches would never approve of boxing in high school. Too much blood shed... I wish high school did have boxing though, that'd be awesome =D
u wish but it could happen there are way far less injuries in boxing than football or any other school sport, parents especially the ones who train they're kids for those other sports are just afraid of losing the lime light, after all the majority of the saves in life come from joining boxing not football or any other sport cause its to late to other people.if boxing was approved it would be the best, it saved me from doing wrong. we should make a website for the the fight for it. for many its a dying sport but the only thing dying are people and they're needs, besides people weren't born to play but born to fight to stay alive.
GSNY

United States

#20 Nov 6, 2009
Justin, I don't disagree with you that it would be a good thing to include boxing in HS, but I assure you having boxed professionally and as an amateur that both require mouthguards, and that the gloves for amateur boxing are not intended to protect anything but the boxers hands. They are only a couple ounces heavier than the equivalent pro fight gloves - I doubt most people could tell the difference in terms of the weight. Also, a softer impact glove pretty much translates to "less or no cuts". They really don't reduce the blunt force head trauma - they actually may exacerbate head trauma because fighters are less gun shy from not getting cut or bruised and tend to take head shots to land them.
justin time wrote:
i think boxing would be great and cut back on violence in schools because they could take their anger out in an sctually sport. amateur boxing is safer than professional boxing because mouth guards must be worn, as well as shock-absorbent head gear and a shirt. Amateur boxing
gloves are designed to absorb rather than transmit the force of a punch, unlike
professional boxing gloves which makes the sport school save. over all boxing in schools is a great safe idea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Joseph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Passing thru city looking 9 hr Jill 1
Looking for a person . (Dec '07) May 5 Hate 3131 9
News Gang-like graffiti is being sprayed all over Mi... (May '07) Apr '17 Boo Thang Blood L... 35
Outlaws mc (May '12) Apr '17 Been there 37
Ding Ding the Yankers GONE Apr '17 Fed Up 3
Anyone one Remembers Shauna Hayes Apr '17 William Sollenberger 1
robert heffley Apr '17 larry b 1

St. Joseph Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Joseph Mortgages