The Sharmeka Moffitt Story

The Sharmeka Moffitt Story

Posted in the St. Joseph Forum

Leslie Alexander

West Monroe, LA

#1 Mar 20, 2013
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, "I'm not interested in power for power's sake, but I'm interested in power that is mora,l that is right and that is good." Everyone has seen and heard of the unfortunate situation that happened in Franklin Parish with Sharmeka Moffitt. We really to this day know what really happened until she speaks. But what really upsets me is that the punishment that she has been charged with doesn't fit the crime. If you have an individual that set herself on fire, tells me she needs mental help and evaluation. Something is definitely wrong. Because the battle is in the heart and mind of an individual. I was beaten almost to deaf and Vick only got one year. However, just think America, What if this was your child? What will you do? All I'm saying is the punishment does not fit the crime. The word of God says, "Where 2 or 3 gather together, touching and agreeing He will be a God in the midst. He also says, "If we ask anything in His name He will do it. Just as We prayed for her recovery, God healed her; We can now pray that God will turn this punishment that man has brought forth, around. In the MIGTHY NAME OF JESUS...AMEN To God Be The Glory, Leslie Alexander
Math

United States

#2 Jan 4, 2014
You know you are so right. The charge DOES NOT fit the crime - she should have gotten more serious charges. This despicable human drops to the absolute lowest level to directly and specifically stir racial hatred up not only in her community but throughout the country. Just think - what if this moron didn't just happen to be too stupid to pull off the hoax correctly - what if she hadn't left clue after clue. You saw how many of the local and national race traders jumped right on board - what if it hadn't clearly been the work of a liar? This was inexcusable - it could have caused real violence where decent normal people got hurt rather than just the race trader who set herself on fire. Now YOU want to make her a victim again? Not happening here - she is going to get the max sentence and she deserves more. Maybe you can take up where she left off - stir up some race hatred by demonstrating at her trial and talk about how this is another example of how the white man is making blacks the victim yet again. Why don't you go pull out your Bible since you are so religious and read up on bearing false witness and pride - pray on that for a while instead of the evil white man. Moffit is the lowest form of criminal - stop rewarding her with attention. She is NOT A VICTIM - she is a criminal who simply was not smart enough to execute the crime SHE CHOSE to commit. Not fair - I agree - she should get the max. Oh and how about a refund for MY tax money that paid her hospital bill and everything else along the way. STOP automatically assuming someone is a victim because they are black - people like you are not helping us.
Leslie

Monroe, LA

#3 Jan 5, 2014
First I want to thank God that He allowed someone like you to reply to my post. Secondly, I am not so religious I just decided to chose God side instead of the way of the world. Thirdly, I am not taking up for anyone. I said the punishment does not fit the crime. You as well as myself really don't know what really happen and its not your business nor is it mine, its God's business and He will take care of the situation in the way He choses to. As for a America goes everyone is entitled to freedom of speech, equality is for everyone. Fourthly, I am not a racist. Fifthly, I am thankful that it didn't go as far as some may wanted it to. Yes I do pray daily, for the word of God says man should always pray, and yes I do read my bible, for the word of God says, the grass withers, the flowers fade, and the word of our God shall stand forever. And as for you NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER, AND EVERY TONGUE THAT RISE UP AGAINST ME SHALL BE CONDEMNED. And the church said, AMEN!
Math wrote:
You know you are so right. The charge DOES NOT fit the crime - she should have gotten more serious charges. This despicable human drops to the absolute lowest level to directly and specifically stir racial hatred up not only in her community but throughout the country. Just think - what if this moron didn't just happen to be too stupid to pull off the hoax correctly - what if she hadn't left clue after clue. You saw how many of the local and national race traders jumped right on board - what if it hadn't clearly been the work of a liar? This was inexcusable - it could have caused real violence where decent normal people got hurt rather than just the race trader who set herself on fire. Now YOU want to make her a victim again? Not happening here - she is going to get the max sentence and she deserves more. Maybe you can take up where she left off - stir up some race hatred by demonstrating at her trial and talk about how this is another example of how the white man is making blacks the victim yet again. Why don't you go pull out your Bible since you are so religious and read up on bearing false witness and pride - pray on that for a while instead of the evil white man. Moffit is the lowest form of criminal - stop rewarding her with attention. She is NOT A VICTIM - she is a criminal who simply was not smart enough to execute the crime SHE CHOSE to commit. Not fair - I agree - she should get the max. Oh and how about a refund for MY tax money that paid her hospital bill and everything else along the way. STOP automatically assuming someone is a victim because they are black - people like you are not helping us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Joseph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sicily Island Music Selection (Sep '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 15
Debate: Soft Drink Names - Ferriday, LA (Aug '11) Jan '16 julie 3
News Vidalia man faces sentencing June 10 on child p... (Mar '13) Oct '15 Jep 4
Jeri Briggs (Sep '15) Oct '15 happy 2 5
News Couple, 67 and 63, plead to VA benefits theft, ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hank 1
News 14 jailed in Tensas Parish drug sting (Sep '07) Jul '14 sky 5
looking for work (Feb '12) Feb '12 arkansas resident 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Joseph Mortgages