splain

Ilion, NY

#57 Jun 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
What happened with John at the hospital? He's a good guy, good worker, and lost his job -- Huh
More than one guy named John at the hospital...which one?
Curious

Stafford Springs, CT

#58 Jun 26, 2013
John Vogt. He worked in pharmacy for years
BSSSS

United States

#59 Jun 26, 2013
Are hospital employees now considered city employees?
New York

Herkimer, NY

#60 Jun 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
What happened with John at the hospital? He's a good guy, good worker, and lost his job -- Huh
The bean count was off.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#61 Jun 26, 2013
I predict our Assessor will be rehired for another term! My prediction, 6-2 votes to rehire.
Bobby in 2016

Little Falls, NY

#62 Jun 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
I predict our Assessor will be rehired for another term! My prediction, 6-2 votes to rehire.
My prediction: full-time job with bennies for Bobby's girlfriend!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#63 Jun 26, 2013
Bobby in 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
My prediction: full-time job with bennies for Bobby's girlfriend!
And the race is on! Who will win? The person who actually votes, or...... that other guy? Time will tell!
Disgusting

Herkimer, NY

#64 Jun 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>And the race is on! Who will win? The person who actually votes, or...... that other guy? Time will tell!
At least you are honest about how Little Falls politics works: get elected, then hire all your friends and relatives to school or city jobs. It's disgusting and crooked.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#65 Jun 26, 2013
Disgusting wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you are honest about how Little Falls politics works: get elected, then hire all your friends and relatives to school or city jobs. It's disgusting and crooked.
Maybe I am not clear here. The race I mentioned is between bobby 2016 and I. We both have made predictions on how many on the Common Council will vote to re-hire the Assessor. bobby2016 says 8-0. and I say 6-2. That's why I said who is going to win, Me, who will actually be voting on the subject at a Common Council meeting and will be actively encouraging the other Councilmembers to do so, or the other guy who does not get to vote. And I do not have any family members on any city payroll. Neither do I have any of my friends on a city payroll.
burltool

Little Falls, NY

#66 Jun 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I am not clear here. The race I mentioned is between bobby 2016 and I. We both have made predictions on how many on the Common Council will vote to re-hire the Assessor. bobby2016 says 8-0. and I say 6-2. That's why I said who is going to win, Me, who will actually be voting on the subject at a Common Council meeting and will be actively encouraging the other Councilmembers to do so, or the other guy who does not get to vote. And I do not have any family members on any city payroll. Neither do I have any of my friends on a city payroll.
Guess that alone says a bunch, do you have a friend at all ?
OMG

New York, NY

#67 Jun 27, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
And I do not have any family members on any city payroll. Neither do I have any of my friends on a city payroll.
That's why they call your the Burletool behind your back.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69 Jun 27, 2013
TAXPAYER wrote:
You politicians better think with your brains and not your A-- and think twice before this assessor is appointed. I am telling you now right out there will be big problems if she comes back. Tell the mayor his personal friend has to move on. If Dave is right then the mayor is pressuring the CC. She was a screw-up when taking the inventory for another town previously and now it will happen again here in LF. Think twice CC
You are half-right. But the "pressure" is to come from the older property owning voters. The Mayor cannot get anyone re-elected, but the voters who like the Assessor can. "Big Problems"? Do tell, what problems do you see caused by the re-hire?
super

New Britain, CT

#70 Jun 27, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>You are half-right. But the "pressure" is to come from the older property owning voters. The Mayor cannot get anyone re-elected, but the voters who like the Assessor can. "Big Problems"? Do tell, what problems do you see caused by the re-hire?
Here's one:

We need to do reval in this city, big time. Have Joy in charge of it? Someone who foolishly tore the city in two by pursuing a foolhardy scheme against the Y?

Reval will be divisive enough. Why put a divisive person in charge of it?

P.S. Resign now you clown.
Not True

Little Falls, NY

#71 Jun 28, 2013
Mayor wants her GONE.
TAXPAYER wrote:
You politicians better think with your brains and not your A-- and think twice before this assessor is appointed. I am telling you now right out there will be big problems if she comes back. Tell the mayor his personal friend has to move on. If Dave is right then the mayor is pressuring the CC. She was a screw-up when taking the inventory for another town previously and now it will happen again here in LF. Think twice CC

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#72 Jun 28, 2013
super wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one:
We need to do reval in this city, big time. Have Joy in charge of it? Someone who foolishly tore the city in two by pursuing a foolhardy scheme against the Y?
Reval will be divisive enough. Why put a divisive person in charge of it?
P.S. Resign now you clown.
resign? Why? Nah, I think I shall be around for a while.
Bobby in 2016

Little Falls, NY

#73 Jun 28, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I am not clear here. The race I mentioned is between bobby 2016 and I. We both have made predictions on how many on the Common Council will vote to re-hire the Assessor. bobby2016 says 8-0. and I say 6-2. That's why I said who is going to win, Me, who will actually be voting on the subject at a Common Council meeting and will be actively encouraging the other Councilmembers to do so, or the other guy who does not get to vote. And I do not have any family members on any city payroll. Neither do I have any of my friends on a city payroll.
Dave, here's the thing. Bobby slipped her in the front door knowing that once that door was open and her foot was in it, he could do whatever he wanted. If you didn't see from day 1 that the end goal was for her to have a full-time city job with bennies, I'm sorry, but you're a fool. I'm not going to do my usual insulting and making fun of you, because I'm serious this time. You honestly don't see yet that this guy gets whatever he wants? The only thing he hasn't gotten that he wanted in the last couple years was the Y thing, and that was because he miscalculated the public response. I'm sure he's still astounded he actually got beaten on that one. "But, but, but, I'm Bobby!"

I will bet you anything right here and now that she will be hired full-time with bennies when it comes up again. The 14 hours and no benefits thing was just to get her in the door. And I'll be you a million bucks that he said to her, "Don't worry, baby, once we get you hired, it'll be a bit, but we'll get you on full-time." And he will. Because you guys will bobble right along to whatever he says.

Just watch.
Not True

Little Falls, NY

#74 Jun 28, 2013
I hope you're wrong but sadly I don't know anymore.
Bobby in 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, here's the thing. Bobby slipped her in the front door knowing that once that door was open and her foot was in it, he could do whatever he wanted. If you didn't see from day 1 that the end goal was for her to have a full-time city job with bennies, I'm sorry, but you're a fool. I'm not going to do my usual insulting and making fun of you, because I'm serious this time. You honestly don't see yet that this guy gets whatever he wants? The only thing he hasn't gotten that he wanted in the last couple years was the Y thing, and that was because he miscalculated the public response. I'm sure he's still astounded he actually got beaten on that one. "But, but, but, I'm Bobby!"
I will bet you anything right here and now that she will be hired full-time with bennies when it comes up again. The 14 hours and no benefits thing was just to get her in the door. And I'll be you a million bucks that he said to her, "Don't worry, baby, once we get you hired, it'll be a bit, but we'll get you on full-time." And he will. Because you guys will bobble right along to whatever he says.
Just watch.
Bobby in 2016

Little Falls, NY

#75 Jun 28, 2013
Not True wrote:
I hope you're wrong but sadly I don't know anymore.
I saw this one coming a mile away. Just wait and see.
Not True

Little Falls, NY

#76 Jun 28, 2013
Is it a pattern with him or just since he's been mayor?
Bobby in 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw this one coming a mile away. Just wait and see.
Hurleson

Brooklyn, NY

#77 Jun 28, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text> resign? Why? Nah, I think I shall be around for a while.
Ah, thanks for addressing the concern this poster raised. Only commented about yourself, as usual.

I can't figure out if you're just dumb or purposely evasive. Either one is bad.

Resign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Johnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pez is a jerk 28 min The BOYS 3
Kayla breen 1 hr Chumps 3
VERY IMPORTANT we need people 2 hr Earl 5
PRICE CHOPPER!!! PEZ handing out steak 9 hr Granny 11
PEZ IS in Little Falls right now!! 12 hr NuckingFuts 16
Dolgeville Mill (Sep '10) 13 hr Visonary 33
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 13 hr 12 Days of Christmas 190

St. Johnsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Johnsville Mortgages