Get rid of everyone on the common council

Posted in the St. Johnsville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
disgusted with the CC

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jun 6, 2013
Yes, every damn one of them must go. This city's coffers are bone-dry yet the common council saw fit to vote UNANIMOUSLY to SPEND money we don't have to buy a new piece of equipment yet votes to halt a legitimate court proceeding to allow the courts to decide if the YMCA should pay property taxes for running a grocery store and tenement slum housing?
Ebert

New Britain, CT

#2 Jun 6, 2013
Amen.....
disgusted with the CC wrote:
Yes, every damn one of them must go. This city's coffers are bone-dry yet the common council saw fit to vote UNANIMOUSLY to SPEND money we don't have to buy a new piece of equipment yet votes to halt a legitimate court proceeding to allow the courts to decide if the YMCA should pay property taxes for running a grocery store and tenement slum housing?
Joe dugooder

Spencer, MA

#3 Jun 6, 2013
In the sales profetion, they get rid of the newest hire, and the person who has Ben there the longest.

Www.newdrivewaypaving.com

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Jun 7, 2013
disgusted with the CC wrote:
We voted to allow money to be used that "we" indeed do have. A couple of city maint. dept will be using portions of their own budgets to make the payments for the vactor. As to the YMCA debacle, I agree we screwed that up.
Wheew Wheew

Little Falls, NY

#5 Jun 7, 2013
Joe dugooder wrote:
In the sales profetion, they get rid of the newest hire, and the person who has Ben there the longest.

Www.newdrivewaypaving.com
Nice, promote your business shamelessly. Good job. Promote your stupidity as well, profetion? Well done, it's profession, you idiot. Very professional, not bring able to spell that word right.
disgusted with CC

Little Falls, NY

#6 Jun 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>We voted to allow money to be used that "we" indeed do have. A couple of city maint. dept will be using portions of their own budgets to make the payments for the vactor. As to the YMCA debacle, I agree we screwed that up.
Dave,
Please refrain from using the word "we" when referencing what I and others perceive to be reckless spending of the taxpayer's money. WE (the taxpaying citizens) elected YOU (reference to entire CC)to spend OUR MONEY (the taxes you force us to pay) the way WE see fit, not the way YOU see fit. I have yet to see any of YOU presenting US (same group as WE above) with a cost/benefit analysis of why YOU saw fit to spend OUR (you get the point, right?) money on a $300k new vacuum cleaner?
Pope Benedict XVI

Chantilly, VA

#7 Jun 7, 2013
Ebert wrote:
Amen.....<quoted text>
Hallelujah!!
Broughten

Voorheesville, NY

#8 Jun 7, 2013
Wheew Wheew wrote:
<quoted text>
Very professional, not bring able to spell that word right.
Ahem...(cough)

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#9 Jun 7, 2013
To the point of this thread...
Wasn't there just a wholesale change in the CC?
Most of them didn't run again...
And few stepped forward to fill the void.
OUTSIDERS were elected because of the void.

Your lack of interest and involvement has come home to roost.
Wheew Wheew

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jun 7, 2013
Broughten wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...(cough)
Finger slip, you caught me. Bring should have been being. Still, nowhere on the level of "profetion".
Wahu

Voorheesville, NY

#11 Jun 7, 2013
UTLT wrote:
Stop lecturing us about that of which you know nothing. In other words, STFU.
disgusted with CC

Little Falls, NY

#12 Jun 7, 2013
UTLT wrote:
Not sure what an OUTSIDER means in the context of your post but I'll assume you mean political outsider vs. carpetbagger?

If the makeup of the current CC is indeed "outsiders" then how quickly they corrupted themselves and now reek of insider cronyism.

I repeat, the whole lot has to go. I'm not against a whole new regime or, better yet, disbandment of the city charter.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 7, 2013
disgusted with CC wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave,
Please refrain from using the word "we" when referencing what I and others perceive to be reckless spending of the taxpayer's money. WE (the taxpaying citizens) elected YOU (reference to entire CC)to spend OUR MONEY (the taxes you force us to pay) the way WE see fit, not the way YOU see fit. I have yet to see any of YOU presenting US (same group as WE above) with a cost/benefit analysis of why YOU saw fit to spend OUR (you get the point, right?) money on a $300k new vacuum cleaner?
My! Are "we" having a hissy fit?

Location hidden

#14 Jun 7, 2013
disgusted with CC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what an OUTSIDER means in the context of your post but I'll assume you mean political outsider vs. carpetbagger?
If the makeup of the current CC is indeed "outsiders" then how quickly they corrupted themselves and now reek of insider cronyism.
I repeat, the whole lot has to go. I'm not against a whole new regime or, better yet, disbandment of the city charter.
In order to be corrupted something must be offered for votes. So far nothing offered, nothing ill-gained. "Insider" cronyism, what exactly is that? As to cronies, I have none, However I do have little yellow one eyed "Minions".
Doh

Herkimer, NY

#15 Jun 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>In order to be corrupted something must be offered for votes. So far nothing offered, nothing ill-gained. "Insider" cronyism, what exactly is that? As to cronies, I have none, However I do have little yellow one eyed "Minions".
Keep talking. Confession is good for the soul ... and the prosecution.

“Take Action !!!”

Indian Trail, NC

#16 Jun 7, 2013
Wahu wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lecturing us about that of which you know nothing. In other words, STFU.
OH PLEASE...
It isn't like your inattention hasn't been extremely OBVIOUS!
stfu

Meriden, CT

#17 Jun 7, 2013
UTLT wrote:
<quoted text>OH PLEASE...
It isn't like your inattention hasn't been extremely OBVIOUS!
You don't even know me ahole

“Take Action !!!”

Indian Trail, NC

#18 Jun 7, 2013
stfu wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know me ahole
You are absolutely correct.
My language was way too imprecise.
I should have written...
The overwhelming majority of Little Falls residents pay little attention to civic matters and are not willing to help the city in any political or volunteer way.

Whether STFU falls into that category is unknown to me.
stfu

Meriden, CT

#19 Jun 7, 2013
UTLT wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely correct.
My language was way too imprecise.
I should have written...
The overwhelming majority of Little Falls residents pay little attention to civic matters and are not willing to help the city in any political or volunteer way.

Whether STFU falls into that category is unknown to me.
I disagree. Telling you to stfu is one of our primary civic duties!

Location hidden

#20 Jun 7, 2013
Doh wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep talking. Confession is good for the soul ... and the prosecution.
Prosecution? OOOHHHH I am so scared!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Johnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saints banners 3 hr Disgusted 26
Katie Orsaio 3 hr IHadRelationsWKat... 13
Palatine Supervisor could be a Muslim? 4 hr Used to live there 39
Joe L Green Basketball (Feb '12) 4 hr Man 60
Main St , Cops with assault rifles 8 hr AIPAC Treason 8
Soros May Become Top Ukraine Bankster 8 hr bozo Braithwaite 3
Company seeks site in Amsterdam (Jun '12) 12 hr what now 14
St. Johnsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web