First Prev
of 7
Next Last
parent

Indian Lake, NY

#126 Apr 11, 2013
I will definitely be voting for Neil Clark!
Sunny

Canajoharie, NY

#127 Apr 13, 2013
Clark lacks the knowledge and experience to do the job. He is too rigid and short sighted.(It is all about him)

CONTE, EGGLESTON, QUACKENBUSH, HANDY, SAMMONS, LINTS, SCHWARTZ

A blending of both districts, good experience (school, business, & life), and similar but different view points with a cooperative nature to work for the good of the new district!
order

Gloversville, NY

#128 Apr 13, 2013
Lintz,conte,Tish,handy, clark, bellen sammons
Whatever

Canajoharie, NY

#130 Apr 14, 2013
order wrote:
Lintz,conte,Tish,handy, clark, bellen sammons
I definitely agree with Bellen and Sammons as definite "yes" votes. Conte is a school employee and shouldn't be considered.
Check that

Fort Plain, NY

#131 Apr 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely agree with Bellen and Sammons as definite "yes" votes. Conte is a school employee and shouldn't be considered.
. I think Conte is an employee of BOCES, correct? That's different than an employee of the School District. Just clarifying for you.
justpoed

Fort Plain, NY

#133 Apr 15, 2013
Be glad when this s**t is over, who gives a _____. Nothing is going to change, politics and red tape bureaucracy will keep going just like allways. The ones running are all in it for their persoanl agendas and ego boost. Carry on little drones, why bother with changes just keep plugging along.
Double whammy

Fort Plain, NY

#134 Apr 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you worried about Ben's current wife at stj or ex wife that runs oe school?
Soo Funny

Altmar, NY

#135 Apr 15, 2013
She doesn't run OE anymore... her muscle is gone. Remember...Ha Ha Ha The evil Queen is dead.
Yikes

Old Forge, NY

#136 Apr 16, 2013
No free beer and rides at the club this year? Guess who doesn't get my vote this time?
Sammy

Remsen, NY

#137 Nov 5, 2013
What do you think now? Did we make the right choices? Could we have chosen better? Were there better candidates to choose from? Some of the candidates that didn't get elected seem to think they were a better choice. They seem to have all the answers now. Well, you can always run again.
Johny

Canajoharie, NY

#138 Nov 5, 2013
There are only a couple people qualified on that board, Lee Q is most. You voters made some major errors voting for the big spenders and agenda bearing wackos working to destroy the district.
Building

Old Forge, NY

#139 Nov 5, 2013
Johny wrote:
There are only a couple people qualified on that board, Lee Q is most. You voters made some major errors voting for the big spenders and agenda bearing wackos working to destroy the district.
I think the BOE is doing a great job. They are putting together a great school and that is going to cost money. There may be extra teachers or staff at the moment however once more programs are offered these extras wont be extras. I would like to see money saved b the closing of D.H.Robbins that building is not needed. Yes I understand some people cant let go because they went there, work there or have family working there. True merge the building must go. I vote for the Board members willing to make the merge a merge.
Building Sense

Canajoharie, NY

#140 Nov 6, 2013
How does bussing students who can walk to school make sense? DH Robbins should be the last school to shut down. If you are talking about closing a school, the middle school is the only one that makes sense. This isn't about people not letting go, this is about doing things that make sense. Right now, that isn't happening, when we have board members with agendas.
disgusted

Canajoharie, NY

#141 Nov 6, 2013
Building Sense wrote:
How does bussing students who can walk to school make sense? DH Robbins should be the last school to shut down. If you are talking about closing a school, the middle school is the only one that makes sense. This isn't about people not letting go, this is about doing things that make sense. Right now, that isn't happening, when we have board members with agendas.
Agree! Think about this one...the middle school kids (all of them) get out of school approx twenty mintues early everyday so they either catch a shuttle bus or sit in the cafeteria to wait for their (oe residents) bus. One hundred minutes a week of instuctional time gone!!
Building

Saint Johnsville, NY

#142 Nov 6, 2013
Building Sense wrote:
The middle school has better facilities to accommodate more students. they have a full size gym and fields outside. DH has an auditorium a nice one and that's all. Small gym and no yard. buildings not large enough to take all the elementary kids and definitely not the JR.High kids. Whats the cost for bussing students from St Johnsville to Oppenheim vs keeping DH Robbins open and having the extra teachers and staff to run it. I bet the heat cost more than a few busses driving kids 20 minutes.
Seriously

Lowville, NY

#143 Nov 6, 2013
Building wrote:
<quoted text>The middle school has better facilities to accommodate more students. they have a full size gym and fields outside. DH has an auditorium a nice one and that's all. Small gym and no yard. buildings not large enough to take all the elementary kids and definitely not the JR.High kids. Whats the cost for bussing students from St Johnsville to Oppenheim vs keeping DH Robbins open and having the extra teachers and staff to run it. I bet the heat cost more than a few busses driving kids 20 minutes.
Seriously shut up! I do not care what you think. The merger happened, get over it....... As far as the kids are concerned the merger is a success. Just look at what OUR girls did this soccer season.... Section 2 Class D Champs! I am proud of the kids of both districts and I am proud of how grown up and classy they are, you might try and take a page from their book.
building

Gloversville, NY

#144 Nov 7, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously shut up! I do not care what you think. The merger happened, get over it....... As far as the kids are concerned the merger is a success. Just look at what OUR girls did this soccer season.... Section 2 Class D Champs! I am proud of the kids of both districts and I am proud of how grown up and classy they are, you might try and take a page from their book.
Its great for the girls soccer team and the entire school district. Kudos to all the kids , but close the extra school helps everyone as well. When all the money is spent and wasted on three buildings nobody will remember the girls soccer win and their banner will have no school to hang it. wake up and look at the big merge. TWO Buildings not three.
true

Albany, NY

#145 Nov 7, 2013
building wrote:
<quoted text>Its great for the girls soccer team and the entire school district. Kudos to all the kids , but close the extra school helps everyone as well. When all the money is spent and wasted on three buildings nobody will remember the girls soccer win and their banner will have no school to hang it. wake up and look at the big merge. TWO Buildings not three.
As a former graduate of the old OECS, it does make sense to close a school, but i believe the best building to close is our own. It has the most resale value and the most inconvienent to the most students. Build a gym on the DH school and move all of K-6 there and have the highschool be 7-12. Lexington will buy our school in a heartbeat. It is hard to let go, but we have to.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#146 Nov 7, 2013
Lexington get most of their money from New York State I thought We were broke. It would sit like all school do when left unattened with broken windows and lawns not kept up. Just some of the things that happen.
Sorry

Remsen, NY

#147 Nov 7, 2013
Isn't Lexington down sizing too? They don't need another building. But really isn't DHR kind of run down? Isn't that the most likely building to close?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Johnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baseball Tournament (Apr '14) 53 min park ranger 16
Worry 1 hr Michelle Obama 7
sadie coffey @ helmonts 13 hr homely 2
Joe L Green Basketball (Feb '12) Tue Question 10
Boys Basketball (Dec '12) Tue AAU Expert 42
Youth Center, advocate Tue youth center advo... 6
Question man Tue Duh 21
St. Johnsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web