What seven will make the best team?
Nyer

Fort Plain, NY

#83 Mar 26, 2013
Reality check! Both schools are merged now ! Get over it. Scare tactics and instilling fear in people is not the agenda these schools need.
Merge this

Lake Luzerne, NY

#84 Mar 26, 2013
Maybe the BOE should have selected some outside the family people to sit on your merger committee. Just a thought that voters may have listened better to you average Joe than listening to the same people and their views. You were all going to vote yes already. Stop trying to control it all and let some others show you up.
Pinkleton

Canajoharie, NY

#85 Mar 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true!
Oppenheim voters better get out and vote April 16th, if you don't kiss your school goodbye!
. This just in: OE School is already gone. Do you not understand what a merger is?
Pinkleton

Canajoharie, NY

#86 Mar 26, 2013
SSDD wrote:
<quoted text>
School teacher opinions are a dime a dozen. Put a sock in it, peddle your song and dance stories some place else...
SSDD
Where do you get "teacher opinion" out of that post? Really stupid statement.
Pinkleton

Canajoharie, NY

#87 Mar 26, 2013
Merge this wrote:
Maybe the BOE should have selected some outside the family people to sit on your merger committee. Just a thought that voters may have listened better to you average Joe than listening to the same people and their views. You were all going to vote yes already. Stop trying to control it all and let some others show you up.
It's over. The schools are merged, by majority vote in both districts... Must be one big freakin' "family"or "group" or "clique" that spans two communities to be able to pull that off. Do you listen to yourself (yourselves)? You sound like the kid who didn't get voted onto Stiudent Council so you will forever resent those who did. For Pete's sake- O-E is gone, STJ is gone, and thank God the kids for the most part are excited to be part of something newer & better! Get OVER it- it's unhealthy to keep obsessing about it. And I hope people vote for at least some members with experience!! Ask anyone who has ever served on a School Board- it takes just about the whole first year to even get a clue about what they're doing. And with a brand new school on the table, we don't have time for that.
oldie

Lake Luzerne, NY

#88 Mar 27, 2013
That is why it is so important to elect people who will attend these meetings. People that aren't doing this for recognition or the camera. Intelligent people, not people who only think they are smarter than everyone.
st blah blah

Saint Johnsville, NY

#89 Mar 27, 2013
Pinkleton; Your nutz OE is gone and St J is the new school. OE isn't getting anything out of this deal except being told how things are going to be run. Like it or not that's how mergers are run, many tried to point this out but certain powers to be bull sh**ed they're agenda on the people. Majority vote......REALLY...... most just gave up because they got sick of the crap and constant lies!!! OE was lucky if they had 250 people show to vote in the past on budgets etc..., how many do you think will vote now? Sure is funny how all of the upstate schools got millions extra this year,.... Oh wait, that could not have happened because certain faculty said it wouldn't bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha haaa, WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!!!!! St J your butt has been bailed out how long before you screw this up too? Maybe you should vote the same twits back in that screwed things up in the 1st place
Merge this

North Creek, NY

#90 Mar 27, 2013
Pinkleton wrote:
<quoted text> It's over. The schools are merged, by majority vote in both districts... Must be one big freakin' "family"or "group" or "clique" that spans two communities to be able to pull that off. Do you listen to yourself (yourselves)? You sound like the kid who didn't get voted onto Stiudent Council so you will forever resent those who did. For Pete's sake- O-E is gone, STJ is gone, and thank God the kids for the most part are excited to be part of something newer & better! Get OVER it- it's unhealthy to keep obsessing about it. And I hope people vote for at least some members with experience!! Ask anyone who has ever served on a School Board- it takes just about the whole first year to even get a clue about what they're doing. And with a brand new school on the table, we don't have time for that.
so what board member are you anyways? gee one that also claims to know what the students like you must have a couple.(with advantages)
Tyt

Silver Spring, MD

#91 Mar 27, 2013
Screwed what up and when? Do u read the papers? How is StJ in a worse situation than any school in upstate NY? You guys are something!
Pinkleton

Canajoharie, NY

#92 Mar 28, 2013
Merge this wrote:
<quoted text>so what board member are you anyways? gee one that also claims to know what the students like you must have a couple.(with advantages)
I might be able to respond If I had ANY idea what you were trying to say. And no, I'm not a Board Member.
Pinkleton

Canajoharie, NY

#93 Mar 28, 2013
st blah blah wrote:
Pinkleton; Your nutz OE is gone and St J is the new school. OE isn't getting anything out of this deal except being told how things are going to be run. Like it or not that's how mergers are run, many tried to point this out but certain powers to be bull sh**ed they're agenda on the people. Majority vote......REALLY...... most just gave up because they got sick of the crap and constant lies!!! OE was lucky if they had 250 people show to vote in the past on budgets etc..., how many do you think will vote now? Sure is funny how all of the upstate schools got millions extra this year,.... Oh wait, that could not have happened because certain faculty said it wouldn't bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha haaa, WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!!!!! St J your butt has been bailed out how long before you screw this up too? Maybe you should vote the same twits back in that screwed things up in the 1st place
Please explain to me which upstate schools got "millions extra this year". First of all, we don't even have a state budget yet. Secondly, do you read? Nisksyuna - 6 million dollar gap. Fonda - cut positions & programs in the middle of the school year because they had a 1.4 million dollar gap & they still have about $250,000 shortfall for next year. Scotia-Glenville - 2.069 million dollar shortfall. Schuylerville - between &650,000 & 1 Million short. That was info found in a 5 second google search. I bet those schools would surely like to know where those extra millions are that you're talking about. Remember, STJ didn't need any "bailout". They were going to be able to continue on & sustain themselves for a few years according to the State projections. It was the O-E District that was facing being dissolved. But if it makes you feel better to hate all things St. Johnsville because you feel that they have stolen your identity and swallowed up your school system, then have at it. But it's a lot of anger & resentment for naught, because everyone else is trying to move forward. Including the STUDENTS, who it directly affects!!
Reality check

Albany, NY

#94 Mar 28, 2013
TY Pinkleton for reminding them--it should be all about the students!
simple logic

San Jose, CA

#95 Mar 28, 2013
conte,wife works at stj school;mosher,wife is an aid at stj school;eggelston,wife is a teacher at stj.CONFLICT OF INTEREST YOU BET!!!break the ties now VOTE FOR THE KIDS BEST INTEREST
witchiepoo

Fort Plain, NY

#96 Mar 28, 2013
simple logic wrote:
conte,wife works at stj school;mosher,wife is an aid at stj school;eggelston,wife is a teacher at stj.CONFLICT OF INTEREST YOU BET!!!break the ties now VOTE FOR THE KIDS BEST INTEREST
Moshers wife is a teachers assistant,not an aid.If your you are going to say things,get it right.They are not the same thing.
st blah blah

Saint Johnsville, NY

#97 Mar 28, 2013
Pinkleton: your so full of it I'm surprised your post aren't brown in color. As far as the money goes it was on the news, oh wait they're not as smart as you, so let me quess they're wrong? As far as OE going under that is just FLAT OUT BS! St J came to OE because they did not want to merge with Ft P because of the tax increase, the state told St J to come up with something. Get your facts straight and quit with the lies, you got your stinkin merge now prove to everyone how great it is going to be, HA HA. How is it that ilion mohawk merged after St J OE but yet they allready have their BOE members picked? Looks like things are off to a great start......yea right!!!!!!!!!! Same crap same crap same crap
Fraiser

Saint Johnsville, NY

#98 Mar 28, 2013
vote for OE residents or you will everything you have paid for over the years. vote for the two Frasier write ins.
OMG

Schenectady, NY

#99 Mar 28, 2013
st blah blah wrote:
Pinkleton: your so full of it I'm surprised your post aren't brown in color. As far as the money goes it was on the news, oh wait they're not as smart as you, so let me quess they're wrong? As far as OE going under that is just FLAT OUT BS! St J came to OE because they did not want to merge with Ft P because of the tax increase, the state told St J to come up with something. Get your facts straight and quit with the lies, you got your stinkin merge now prove to everyone how great it is going to be, HA HA. How is it that ilion mohawk merged after St J OE but yet they allready have their BOE members picked? Looks like things are off to a great start......yea right!!!!!!!!!! Same crap same crap same crap
Idiot!...there was a snow storm! The state postponed the vote. How can we believe a word you say when you get the simple things wrong. OECS was in bad financial shape and it wasn't getting better. What world do you live in? What did you want OECS to be? A one room school house that kept your job safe and taxes low? As long as the kids were ready to work at Walmart or in construction when they graduated, i guess all would be right in the world, right?

Please someone without an agenda make some decent posts here!
Phil

Saint Johnsville, NY

#100 Mar 29, 2013
If everyone gets out to vote OE should have 4 or 5 members elected to the new board.
st blah blah

Saint Johnsville, NY

#101 Mar 30, 2013
4-5 members from OE HAHA maybe 4-5members that have their head up St perfects arse! Just from looking at topics I would think everyone should be able to see how well this "merge" is working
one elm sch

Northville, NY

#102 Mar 30, 2013
It is not OE against St. J more like the community trying to let the BOE know what they want to pay for. The members just get mad and start insulting because they are upset with the thought of not getting a seat on the panel of everything for my kids and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Johnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another pleads in fatal Schenectady fire 6 hr Trumpster 1
Justin Gentile (Mar '10) 9 hr One of many 39
$24 Million OESJ School Capital Spending 17 hr Jethro 118
Lindsay Congdon pregant Sat Joe Perrigo 10
st johnsville fair (Aug '10) Fri Bored 28
Carly mya new hooker on the streets Feb 23 Lol 1
Laundromat Guy Feb 22 Laundromat Guy 3

St. Johnsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance