What seven will make the best team?

Posted in the St. Johnsville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Cracker

Gloversville, NY

#1 Mar 11, 2013
First question is when we vote,are we actually voting for seven people? Next can you comment on some positive facts for each candidate? thanks
INFO

Gloversville, NY

#2 Mar 11, 2013
I suggest going to the meet the candidates night at the St. Johnsville auditorium or the telecast of the event at OECS. The candidates will be asked questions and you can then use the info to assist in forming your opinion on who to vote for. It's better than listening to other people's opinions.
flint

Fort Plain, NY

#3 Mar 11, 2013
Chad, Renee, Darren, Ben, Cindy, Susie and Bruce.
jingleballs

Fort Plain, NY

#4 Mar 12, 2013
sneezy, doc, grumpy, happy, bashfull, sleepy, and of course the most important one of all so things can keep chugging along like normal......... DOPEY
concerned parent

Canajoharie, NY

#5 Mar 12, 2013
Darren, Ben, Cindy, Chris, Chad, Tish, and Lee.
my thoughts

Albany, NY

#6 Mar 12, 2013
concerned parent wrote:
Darren, Ben, Cindy, Chris, Chad, Tish, and Lee.
Darren, nice guy but IDK how many new ideas come from him
Ben, seems to be a good mix of knowledge and character
Cindy, no oponion positive or negative yet for me on her but seems ok.
Chris, smart but completely full of himself from what i hear. Not to many positives from the community on him.
Chad, Very nice guy to all in the merger team. I think will be a good choice for the board.
Tish, will challenge anyone and everyone but another big ego.
Lee, Another good choice as he has a lot of knowledge and experience and seems not to be as full of him self as others.
Good bye

Canajoharie, NY

#7 Mar 12, 2013
my thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Darren, nice guy but IDK how many new ideas come from him
Ben, seems to be a good mix of knowledge and character
Cindy, no oponion positive or negative yet for me on her but seems ok.
Chris, smart but completely full of himself from what i hear. Not to many positives from the community on him.
Chad, Very nice guy to all in the merger team. I think will be a good choice for the board.
Tish, will challenge anyone and everyone but another big ego.
Lee, Another good choice as he has a lot of knowledge and experience and seems not to be as full of him self as others.
. Sounds good but Chad. Chad and Chris are close friend
Nancy

Lacona, NY

#8 Mar 13, 2013
Bellen- Seems to do his research.(Maybe)
Conti- Intelligent, level headed in it for the
kids (Yes)
Cindy- In it for the kids. Should do more research
Very well meaning.(maybe)
Mosher- Loud mouth know it all. Seems very one sided. Might do well if he could tone it
down a bit.(Yes)
Chad- Needs to assert himself more. Too
easily intimidated.(Yes)
Christensen- usually a no-show, no good input only
agrees or disagrees seems to be
distracted when in attendance.(No)
Battisti- Actually cares and seems to have
her heart in the right place.
( Yes )
Clark- Great if your opinion is the same as
his. If you don't agree with him
100%, then you are wrong. Not
nearly as smart as he thinks he
is.(No)
Lynch- All for the kids excellent choice.(Yes)
Swartz- Another nurse who believes she is
Smarter than the rest of the world.(No)
Carpenter- only doing this out of boredom.(No)

Alicesmom

Fort Plain, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2013
Nancy wrote:
Bellen- Seems to do his research.(Maybe)
Conti- Intelligent, level headed in it for the
kids (Yes)
Cindy- In it for the kids. Should do more research
Very well meaning.(maybe)
Mosher- Loud mouth know it all. Seems very one sided. Might do well if he could tone it
down a bit.(Yes)
Chad- Needs to assert himself more. Too
easily intimidated.(Yes)
Christensen- usually a no-show, no good input only
agrees or disagrees seems to be
distracted when in attendance.(No)
Battisti- Actually cares and seems to have
her heart in the right place.
( Yes )
Clark- Great if your opinion is the same as
his. If you don't agree with him
100%, then you are wrong. Not
nearly as smart as he thinks he
is.(No)
Lynch- All for the kids excellent choice.(Yes)
Swartz- Another nurse who believes she is
Smarter than the rest of the world.(No)
Carpenter- only doing this out of boredom.(No)
Lynch isn't even running. Did you mean Lee? Because he would be a good choice -knowledgable about education and finance. The best of both worlds!
ForTheDistrict

Canajoharie, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2013
Best Team:

Swartz, Conte, Sammons, Eggleston, Clark, Handy, Lintz

They seem to be all in it for kids and residents of both districts- educationally & financially. Eggelston would be the only worry due to his ties to St.J staff members however his input will most likely be useful.
no way in hell

Canajoharie, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2013
ForTheDistrict wrote:
Best Team:
Swartz, Conte, Sammons, Eggleston, Clark, Handy, Lintz
They seem to be all in it for kids and residents of both districts- educationally & financially. Eggelston would be the only worry due to his ties to St.J staff members however his input will most likely be useful.
Not Handy again! no way! only cares about his own agenda and is a bigger know it all than mosher. If your looking for good people, then bellen, lints, eggleston, sammons, conte, quackenbush and cindy.
drew60

Fort Plain, NY

#12 Mar 13, 2013
If you are all such know it all's about who should and should not be on the BOE then maybe we should see a lot more names to vote for anyone could run. As for Cindy she is also a know it all and it's her way or the highway.She could give a damned less about the kids and is a really negative person.
flint

Fort Plain, NY

#13 Mar 13, 2013
drew60 wrote:
If you are all such know it all's about who should and should not be on the BOE then maybe we should see a lot more names to vote for anyone could run. As for Cindy she is also a know it all and it's her way or the highway.She could give a damned less about the kids and is a really negative person.
Cindy don't beat around the bush, she'll tell you like it is. At least she answers questions unlike other board members.
jingleballs

Fort Plain, NY

#14 Mar 14, 2013
You folks are funny, those mentioned are the same ones that got the schools into the mess there in now, but hey "it will work now"HA HA. Been said before, don't elect anyone and see what happens...same s**t different day. Vote or don't vote that's every law abidding citizens right. No matter, the same beaurocratic crap will carry one as normal and NOTHING WILL IMPROVE!!! The people that should run won't because they have given up on the stupidity. DAMN SHAME
SCSECHL

Fort Plain, NY

#15 Mar 14, 2013
Is Glen running again
witchiepoo

Canajoharie, NY

#16 Mar 14, 2013
no way in hell wrote:
<quoted text> Not Handy again! no way! only cares about his own agenda and is a bigger know it all than mosher. If your looking for good people, then bellen, lints, eggleston, sammons, conte, quackenbush and cindy.
Breh and Carpenter seemed to be very nice people.Good hearts,but they are not qualified to sit on the board.If they were elected,they would be taking away 2 seats,that someone with a little more education and knowledge,could fill.I believe they want to be there,but clearly have alot to learn.
2 votes left

Indian Lake, NY

#17 Mar 14, 2013
What is Handy's agenda? Is he strictly trying to keep taxes downand just maintain. Who is willing to make things happen quickly? I voted for the merge so my kids would have more options not just pay more taxes for everyone elses kids. Lets add classes now not three or four years later. who voted for that?
No way

Gloversville, NY

#18 Mar 14, 2013
So, where was Christensen. To Busy to show up for the"Meet the candidates"? Really, and you want people to vote for you?
tish

Feeding Hills, MA

#19 Mar 14, 2013
No way wrote:
So, where was Christensen. To Busy to show up for the"Meet the candidates"? Really, and you want people to vote for you?
Yes I was too busy, at my job. That is a priority for me and I believe this was stated by a member of the teachers union at the end of the forum. I have been taking the high road with the "opinions"on this site up to now. I don't believe in being unfairly attacked by anyone including those who use a false name and when my character is unjustly crucified for doing an honest days work, yes I will respond. And it's not an ego thing as anyone who knows me already knows.
No way

Gloversville, NY

#20 Mar 14, 2013
This was not a personal attack by any means. Sorry you feel that way. I am just going by what Nancy posted. I am going down the list to see if there is any facts to it. As far as I can see she was right about you. And Clark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Johnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dolgeville teacher from last year already fired? 11 min INBREDHILLBILLY 30
Deer Butchering 16 min ugh 14
Any updates on the fire at the Holy Family Parish 20 min THE CHURCH LADY 9
spofford ave 1 hr say it 3
free kittens Nov 20 Eric Bowman 1
OE and Superintendent bullying?????? Nov 18 Shadow II 49
OESJ High School Principal Ron Smith Nov 18 Nonsensee 134
St. Johnsville Dating
Find my Match

St. Johnsville People Search