only 1 place to vote now for 4 towns...

only 1 place to vote now for 4 towns in combined school district.

Posted in the St. Johnsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tired of it all

Schodack Landing, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Bd of Ed mtg tonight "they have decided" that the new school district will only have 1 polling place now for 4 towns.The voting place will be located in St Johnsville.

And it starts
Saving

Canajoharie, NY

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Instead of paying 8 people we will now , to monitor,) only pay four, already money ahead.
Whining

Canajoharie, NY

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Very good point, Saving! There is not one thing that will happen throughout this process that the 'no' voters will accept. They wait for each and every decision, announcement, etc. and then complain.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 11, 2013
Just so you know the board has nothing to do with these next couple of votes.They are beening ran by the commissioner of eduction office so if you want to bitch then go to the right place.
SURpriSED

Saint Johnsville, NY

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Geeeeeeeeeeeeee didn't see that comming bwahahahahahahaheehehehee, just the tip of the iceberg. Those that thought OE would have a say in anything, I really do feel for, their heart was in the right place, they just didn't and don't have a clue as to how things are going to work. OH WELL(throwing arms into air) just doesn't matter anymore, the ed department got what they wanted along with all the other politicians. Keep the drones in line and accomplish more waste and higher taxes. Can ya hear it.......... the sound of the BS truck bouncing down the highway? Hope everyone has pac boots........
parent

Fort Plain, NY

#7 Jan 11, 2013
Who is running for the new board?
lol

Schenectady, NY

#8 Jan 11, 2013
SURpriSED wrote:
Geeeeeeeeeeeeee didn't see that comming bwahahahahahahaheehehehee, just the tip of the iceberg. Those that thought OE would have a say in anything, I really do feel for, their heart was in the right place, they just didn't and don't have a clue as to how things are going to work. OH WELL(throwing arms into air) just doesn't matter anymore, the ed department got what they wanted along with all the other politicians. Keep the drones in line and accomplish more waste and higher taxes. Can ya hear it.......... the sound of the BS truck bouncing down the highway? Hope everyone has pac boots........
In other districts with 3 buildings are there more than one place to vote?
Tired of it all

United States

#9 Jan 11, 2013
It's not how many buildings, its distance to travel to a polling place. There must be a law that you don't have to drive/walk more than so many miles to cast your vote. If this was a small white town in Alabama, that forced Black people to walk or drive to St Johnsville from Rockwood to vote you could bet your ass someone would be screaming discrimination, and voter alienation and there would be lawsuits from civil liberties. So you tell me what the difference is.

Saving money or cost cutting should not come at the expense of Voters rights. This is some hypocritical education on voter rights for our children from the expert educators. And I donít give a damn how you voted. I care about the right to vote,access and alienating taxpayers and voters form a reasonable distance to cast their vote.
Voter

Fort Plain, NY

#10 Jan 12, 2013
I heard it may change, don't get your panties all bunched up to tight.
Whining

Canajoharie, NY

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Tired of it all wrote:
It's not how many buildings, its distance to travel to a polling place. There must be a law that you don't have to drive/walk more than so many miles to cast your vote. If this was a small white town in Alabama, that forced Black people to walk or drive to St Johnsville from Rockwood to vote you could bet your ass someone would be screaming discrimination, and voter alienation and there would be lawsuits from civil liberties. So you tell me what the difference is.
Saving money or cost cutting should not come at the expense of Voters rights. This is some hypocritical education on voter rights for our children from the expert educators. And I donít give a damn how you voted. I care about the right to vote,access and alienating taxpayers and voters form a reasonable distance to cast their vote.
Oh my God.... Mountain.... Mole hill... Who is denying your right to vote? Nobody!!!! Think about some of the bigger districts around... People who live of the Schoharie County line have to drive all the way into Fonda to vote on School votes/elections, people who live way on the outskirts of Perth have to travel into Broadalbin to do the same.... Or any districts for that matter that have a rural population- the people who live way out in the country have a bit of a drive. Give it a rest already. You're prepared to complain, cry foul, and play victim over every decision that's made regarding the new school from here on out. Okay, now go ahead and mark this post nuts, clueless, spam, mean and/or disagree, like you do every other one that puts you in your sad, bitter place.
SURpriSED

Saint Johnsville, NY

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Not worth my time to drive all the way down to St J to vote on something that will be changed to what ever in the end. Not many voted in OE to began with(NOT WRITTING ABOUT THE MERGE) on average maybe 300 or much less, wonder how many will come out to vote now? Like has been said and wrote before, ST J will rule the roost. Time to close OE completely, waste of money, and I highly doubt many will give input much less be granted the right too.
fed up

Saint Johnsville, NY

#13 Jan 12, 2013
SURpriSED wrote:
yea and your driving it.
fed up

Saint Johnsville, NY

#14 Jan 12, 2013
Tired of it all wrote:
WOW! its a whole 3 miles to ST.Johnsville
Whining

Newark, NJ

#15 Jan 12, 2013
SURpriSED wrote:
Not worth my time to drive all the way down to St J to vote on something that will be changed to what ever in the end. Not many voted in OE to began with(NOT WRITTING ABOUT THE MERGE) on average maybe 300 or much less, wonder how many will come out to vote now? Like has been said and wrote before, ST J will rule the roost. Time to close OE completely, waste of money, and I highly doubt many will give input much less be granted the right too.
If it's not even worth your time to vote, why do you bother to keep commenting... About EVERYTHING involving the new school?
Saving

Canajoharie, NY

#16 Jan 12, 2013
Thank god , people will not waste time to vote for things they put on this site. Obliviously they don't care. In some districts people drive 20 miles, ch Poland out.
johnstown

Hadley, NY

#17 Jan 13, 2013
Maybe you can vote on your way to the bank or when you pick up milk and gas!
the same old story

Schenectady, NY

#18 Jan 14, 2013
The fultonville posts are now passive-aggresive attempts to get people to not send there kids to the merged district from O-E. This is not about money, it is about control. They want this merger to destroy the O-E community because they did not win. We will actually have more children attending our building next year with the merger(stj kids 6-8th grade) than we do this year(our kids 9-12)before the merger. Why would you say you want the school to close now and wanted it to stay open before ???.
Saving

Canajoharie, NY

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Just think 5 years from now no one will no district lines, It is over, stop bitching and use your great knowledge to make the new district the envy of all small schools.
SURpriSED

Saint Johnsville, NY

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Just think 5 years from now no one will no district lines, It is over, stop bitching and use your great knowledge to make the new district the envy of all small schools
Yep and the OE school will be grown in and look like a dump. Taxes will hit a record high, and property value will drop, what a bright purty future for OE!!!!!!!!!!
SJ res

Saint Johnsville, NY

#21 Jan 16, 2013
SURpriSED wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and the OE school will be grown in and look like a dump. Taxes will hit a record high, and property value will drop, what a bright purty future for OE!!!!!!!!!!
You're probably right on!
Do you know why? Oppenheim district residents will not get off their lazy asz and vote. They have more excuses for their failure than any other community. St. Johnsville residents care about each other, their community and their children. You can take it to the bank St. Johnsville voters will be out in droves...

Parent/resident that cares!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Johnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dog poop 45 min pileinthestreets 3
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 1 hr ConsiderThis 124
Downtown Christmas Store 9 hr Jenn 6
Access Women drivers file Sexual Misconduct aga... 9 hr Danny 4
Herkimer Football 17 hr Blue Crew 43
Short man 18 hr Deb 1
Prison Time 18 hr Trumps Son In Law 1

St. Johnsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Johnsville Mortgages