Two dead in Whitman County crash

There are 20 comments on the Apr 30, 2008, KXLY-TV Spokane story titled Two dead in Whitman County crash. In it, KXLY-TV Spokane reports that:

Two people have been killed in a one car accident in the 2600 block of Glenwood Road off Highway 272 near Garfield. via KXLY-TV Spokane

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXLY-TV Spokane.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sonda

Bothell, WA

#1 May 1, 2008
Dalton DeRooy was a awesome kid. I was able to have him in my life for about 8 years now since I was dating his dad for several years. Dalton will be extremly missed. Please pray for the family to make it through this difficult time. Malia...I love you and will be there this weekend and your dad is on his way!
Diane Myers

The Dalles, OR

#2 May 2, 2008
This is a terrible tragedy. I have known these children since they were born and their mothers since they were born. Their grandmother is one of my dearest friends. My heart breaks for them all. There is no understanding why these terrible losses happen to us, especially to ones so young. God help them through the days ahead.
Cassandra DeCreme

Colfax, WA

#3 May 5, 2008
i have known Chantel and Dalton for a while they will be missed greatly......i have known chantel since we were in fourth grade together, and have known Dalton since my little sister started school.....God bless you chantel and dalton....may angels watch over you
Abigail

Ocean Park, WA

#4 May 13, 2008
I have know Dalton since we were in kindergarten together. I will miss him. Good-bye Dalton.
Ben Weagraff

United States

#5 May 21, 2008
I never did get the chance to know Dalton and Chantel, but I have heard from many friends that they were great kids. I miss them already even though I did not know them. Please pray for their family for they are suffering a tragic loss.
Eli Erickson

Spokane, WA

#6 May 25, 2008
Hey, Abby this is Eli from like 2 years age funny meeting you on somthing like this.
Lori

Rockwall, TX

#7 Jun 2, 2008
Dalton and Chantel were my friends. I know that they are now my angels that will look down upon me from time to make sure I stay out of trouble. I miss them both so much.
Ali Shirley

Bellingham, WA

#8 Jul 15, 2008
Dalton was a great classmate! I miss him a lot. But he is looking down and watching us right now!

GOODBYE DALTON!!!!
davina tolan

Spokane, WA

#9 Jul 25, 2008
dalton was everyones little homeie. he was a lil "pimp",or flying hawaiin. there r so many nicknames for dalton. where to start? ina sense, dalton is my hero. i say this for myself as well as ben nielsen, ben lives for you hun. every little thing he does is in honor of your name. no matter what happens you are not gone. you are here with us right now. i love you little man.fly away little homie.

davina tolan
daython maltone

Rockwall, TX

#10 Aug 9, 2008
i loved dalton i knew hin wen i was 5 and he got me started on wrestling thanx to him i m wrestling but dalton and i were really good friends and when he died it hit me bad it messed me up for like a mounth and i know hes liven life up there in heaven probly with the girls and eating
anita medrano

Spokane, WA

#11 Aug 31, 2008
i knew chantel on a level not many people new her on and she was a joy to have met!! I AM GLAD TO HAVE MET HER!! I WOULDNT HAVE CHANGED IT FOR THE WORLD!! she was an amazing young lady!! she will always have my heart and i know she is my angel watch lookin down on me!! i'll see you someday!!i knew dalton he was my lil homie!! i will miss his random joes and comments about the most carziest things!!
R.I.P CHANTEL L. SULLIVAN
10-30-1989 - 04-30-2008
caleb broncheau

United States

#12 Nov 11, 2008
dalton was my best friend and still is my best friend we were best friends for 5 years.i met him in second grade and we were buddys ever sence.so love u dalton got ur pic framed too love u buddy love caleb
whitney

Olympia, WA

#13 Feb 3, 2009
dalotn derooy he was my brother and maila is my sister i miss him sooooooo much and love him but his in a better place now and its okay.
Krayden

Tacoma, WA

#14 Feb 5, 2009
Dalton was a good kid and a good friend to me and my cousin steele sorry Malia about the crash i wish i was there...
colton

Spokane, WA

#15 Feb 10, 2009
i didnt know chantel to well but i new her enough to miss her n dalton was my baby pimp i new that kid since i was 12 he was one of the funniest lil kids i new he would do nething to make smeone lauph or piss there pants and i will always have a good feeling knowing that hes in a better place watching over same for chantel u guys will be missed
bye baby pimp and chantel see u guys on the other side of life
Andie

Saint John, WA

#16 Aug 22, 2009
It has been over a yr and still seems like yesterday. Dalton I miss your jokes and face around to keep me up.
Chantel, my loving daughter, I miss everything aout you. I still cry every night and sleep in your bed this house is just all you. My little grandson still looks at your pictures and can say Chantel now and I will NEVER let Tavish forget you, the close relationship you two had and bonding the three of us had was unforgetable. I miss our every night calls and Hugs, Kiss, Hi-5

My heart is in shamble I miss you so much.
I know you are in a great place and being my
angel and it has really showed a couple of times.

I LOVE YOU BABYGIRL

HUGS, KISSES, HI-5
MOM
Darcy

Corvallis, OR

#17 Feb 25, 2010
I miss Chantel so much and find my self thinking about her a lot lately. She taught me a lot about life, and basketball lol. I never got to make my peace and hopefully this will help. She was became a very close friend to me. She always talked about her mom. I remember when we put her in a box and added stuff on top so when her mom got done looking at the little presents on top she would pop out and surprise her. I miss her loving personality.

Chantel I miss you like CRAZY!

Hugs

Darcy
Whitney

Seattle, WA

#18 Apr 4, 2010
Its been almost to years and i STILL miss him!!!! I love you Dalton!!!!!!
Amanda Cloninger

Colfax, WA

#19 Apr 30, 2010
It has been two years sence there death and i can hardly beleive it! Today two years ago right now chantel me and malia were putting my bed back in my room. Its so werid how just the little things like that u will remember forever! I miss them so much! not even words can tell how my feels for the are. I love and miss dalton and chantel very very much. people say that it will get easier as life goes on, but two years down the road my heart still crys for them! it hasnt gotten any easier at all! I love you Dalton and Chantel. You are with the angels now!
Andie Sullivan

Saint John, WA

#20 Jun 10, 2010
R.I.P. Chantel there is still not a day that goes by when I do not think of you. After two years and still I spend alot of time at the site and getting ready to put up nice new crosses I had made for you and Dalton.
A few monthes ago we almost wrecked in the same place and came inches from it, I went and sat down were the car was the other night and just sat there. I still am so lost without you and cry most nights. I will never stop Missing You Babygirl...

Hugs and Loves
Mom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Rosalia Web site (Jan '14) Jan '14 Rosalia Chamber 1
Colfax/Pullman community meetings 1/30/2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 TRRayce 1
wow check th is one out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Maryetta Brienza 1
find a man in your town tonight free! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Trudie Kindred 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Washington... (Oct '10) Oct '10 JB fAn 11
state b basketball tournament (Jan '08) Jan '08 terry bonny 1
News Postmaster pleads guilty to tampering (Jun '06) Sep '06 John 3
More from around the web

St. John People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]