Sucking Up Water and Sand in the Ques...

Sucking Up Water and Sand in the Quest for Natural Gas

There are 2 comments on the Dallas Observer story from Sep 14, 2011, titled Sucking Up Water and Sand in the Quest for Natural Gas. In it, Dallas Observer reports that:

On a bridge 10 miles outside of Saint Jo, Texas, a small, sleepy town an hour and a half drive northwest of Dallas, a handful of locals have gathered on a July afternoon to look at a sand mine being built off a remote country road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Observer.

pro eog

Gainesville, TX

#1 Oct 13, 2011
It's so ironic that the very people that have sucked at the oil and gas industry teat for so long are now the ones protesting it. People in this area didn't mind when EOG pumped million of gallons of water to frac wells on their land. But now that EOG has plans to expose these same people to the uglyness that is oil and gas production, they all squeal like stuck pigs. Maybe now these landowners will finally understand why us "outsiders" think oil and gas wells are ugly. The Harris family has oil and gas wells dotting all over their land but you don't hear them bitching about all the millions they make off these wells, do you? No... They're out there raising hell about someone else making millions off the sand mine while they're being left out. Serves them right!
slickwilly

Clyde, TX

#2 Oct 21, 2011
pro eog wrote:
It's so ironic that the very people that have sucked at the oil and gas industry teat for so long are now the ones protesting it. People in this area didn't mind when EOG pumped million of gallons of water to frac wells on their land. But now that EOG has plans to expose these same people to the uglyness that is oil and gas production, they all squeal like stuck pigs. Maybe now these landowners will finally understand why us "outsiders" think oil and gas wells are ugly. The Harris family has oil and gas wells dotting all over their land but you don't hear them bitching about all the millions they make off these wells, do you? No... They're out there raising hell about someone else making millions off the sand mine while they're being left out. Serves them right!
Well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Jo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 20 hr sid 989
Germanfest sponsored by the Muenster Tx Chamber... Apr '16 jpf 1
Another chief gone (Jul '15) Oct '15 Mont Egg Counter 3
Lori Sue Jordan (Jun '08) Sep '15 DanJacobs 9
Holly Bounds (May '15) May '15 Hmm 2
Looking for Dr. Donald Simmons (Dec '14) Apr '15 Former Patient 2
Pervy Chief getting rid of new cop (Dec '14) Dec '14 countryangel 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Jo Mortgages