Smithtown says rezoning may help fill...

Smithtown says rezoning may help fill empty storefronts

There are 14 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Smithtown says rezoning may help fill empty storefronts. In it, Newsday reports that:

Unnerved by vacant car dealerships along Middle Country Road in St. James , Smithtown officials have started discussions to redefine some zoning categories ahead of the release of the town's comprehensive master plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

holla dollar

Yaphank, NY

#1 Apr 16, 2009
you need more dollar stores
Balto

Norwalk, CT

#2 Apr 16, 2009
Homeless missions would fit the bill. The people are taxed beyond their means in New York. The Lefty Lib Dems want you broke and dependent on the government.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#3 Apr 16, 2009
FINALLY!!!!!
Jerry

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#4 Apr 17, 2009
Yea , Put in some Bodegas,and Let them have a work center in St. James,thats what its coming too
workforce housing

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2009
expect apartments for illegals (workforce housing) to be built there. obama will attempt to legalize them soon and they'll need places to live. newsday and these vile politicians are determined to completely change long island.
Al Sharpton

Waukee, IA

#6 Apr 17, 2009
My people are coming ....Lock your doors
Enlightened

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Apr 17, 2009
The commercial areas in Smithtown have always been a dump. What good is a Master Plan, if no one follows it?.
jane

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Apr 17, 2009
Jerry wrote:
Yea , Put in some Bodegas,and Let them have a work center in St. James,thats what its coming too
Right across from Woodys house.
Grapes of Wrath

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Apr 17, 2009
Open up some Second Hand Clothes Stores.
Junk Shops, Food Pantry, Discount Walk in Medical Clinics. Homeless Shelters.
Camping Supply Stores, Clear some Camping Areas on the Asphalt to set up some Tent Cities. The Future is very grim for those
that struggle to hold on.

AOL

#10 Apr 18, 2009
jane wrote:
<quoted text>Right across from Woodys house.
YOU MUST BE THE INFAMOUS ''HANOI JANE''
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#11 Apr 18, 2009
How a village has certainly fallen...

I remember back in the day when Smithtown was a place many aspired to live. Great neighborhoods, great schools, and access to just about everything...

Very sad to read...
A Smithtown Resident

Shelton, CT

#12 Apr 20, 2009
One of the members of the Smithtown Town Board prompting this change OWNS two of those now-shuttered car dealerships properties. That's a HUGE conflict of interest! The corruption in my town never ceases to amaze.
local

Saint James, NY

#13 Apr 20, 2009
A Smithtown Resident wrote:
One of the members of the Smithtown Town Board prompting this change OWNS two of those now-shuttered car dealerships properties. That's a HUGE conflict of interest! The corruption in my town never ceases to amaze.
maybe you should know what you are talking about.
you should find out who owns the buildings first.

AOL

#14 Apr 21, 2009
A Smithtown Resident wrote:
EXXXXCUUUSE ME!!!....PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THAT IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST???....THIS COUCILMAN / BUSINESS OWNER TOO, HAS FALLEN FROM A VERY POOR ECONOMY.....IT'S NOT AS THOUGH HE IS THRIVING, & OTHERS ARE FAILING.....YOU COMMENTS ARE NOT TRUE, & POORLY THOUGHT!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SUNY-EMPIRE College Road 15 hr SmokinJoe 2
all drownings (Jun '07) 18 hr Jimmy 65
Solo 99 Cents parking lot in Central Islip (Oct '09) 22 hr DEPORT THE SPANISH 19
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Sat oneear69 121,925
Ralphs Fishing Station Sat Boatyard Dog 15
News Mt. Sinai schools probing sexual harassment claim (Mar '07) Sat FromMtSinaiMiddle... 65
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Fri Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,492

St. James Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. James Mortgages