How much longer till the apartments are demolished?

Posted in the St. Jacob Forum

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2013
FYI

Highland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

How much longer will the apartments that were destroyed by a fire be left standing? It seems the city should have some sort of code or something that could get rid of the eye sore.
wendy

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Lmao. Eyesore? This town acts so stuck up. Chill. If the worst of your concerns is an eyesore, count yourself lucky.
my thought exactly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

FYI wrote:
How much longer will the apartments that were destroyed by a fire be left standing? It seems the city should have some sort of code or something that could get rid of the eye sore.
yes, it's a legit question that deserves an answer. I wonder if asking this question at a City meeting would get the answer a few of us are looking for. Or go to the Highland News Leader to demand an answer of the city ordinance laws pertaining to this matter.
just wondering

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Who owns that apartment building?
concerned parent

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Some one is going to get hurt. Some kid is going to go in there for an "adventure" or on a dare and hurt themselves
Highlander

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

just wondering wrote:
Who owns that apartment building?
John Blandina/Migliore Properties
could be

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Could be waiting to settle with the Insurance Co. Sometimes they drag their feet when it comes to paying off losses!!
Healthy

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Nothing will happen until the insurances companies settle. You have the owners and the guys that did it with no insurance. It is a mess. Get rental insurance for goodness sack. It is cheap.

they may leave say the brick and concrete basement is ok to use.
pppppp

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Healthy wrote:
Nothing will happen until the insurances companies settle. You have the owners and the guys that did it with no insurance. It is a mess. Get rental insurance for goodness sack. It is cheap.

they may leave say the brick and concrete basement is ok to use.
wrecking company there this morning looking at it... So hopefully soooooon!
jeez

East Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure they are down now... No more "eyesore" for you... You must not have been the fire yourself... Eyesore as it may be, they were still someone's home....
plosucuso

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

a bunch of stoners burnt down those apartments and they still laugh and brag about what happened.
Jenny

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

I heard from one of the residents affected that their insurance company is going after the guys who caused the fire. Lot of good that will do since those guys have nothing.
geez

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Jenny wrote:
I heard from one of the residents affected that their insurance company is going after the guys who caused the fire. Lot of good that will do since those guys have nothing.
Hey, it don't make sense for you to say guys; when it was a FREIND helping a friend take a tree out and one lit a cigarette. That means one person was negligent. Get your facts straight. Nobody brags about ANYTHING! I know or a fact, one of those "guys" has a full time union job and has his priorities in order! As far as the one who lit the cig, not sure what he's doing these days! One might be a "stoner" who knows can't speak for him. But the other young man is randomly drug tested to keep his job, it's company policy.
This is a very old subject.
Yes, these where people's homes. I'm very sure they are aware of that!
Funny that people still want to focus this and bash. Are you a Saint? No, so unless we know who you are, don't judge others when you yourself could possibly be judged your self. Jenny, I would like to hope you are not who I think you are! Because I know the Jen that I know, know's a resident who lived there! For anybody to get on here and post anything negative about this "accident" shame on you!!!
Let me ask this. When your helping a friend, a friend lights a cig at the other end of a dried out Christmas tree, how do you become liable, when a tragedy- like the fire breaks out. YOU DON'T!!! Fact, Highland fire department; consists of volunteer fire fighters. They do NOT have the training as big city professional fire fighters have. This fire could have been contained, however they "thought" they got the fire OUT. They placed fans in the stairwell to get the remaining smoke out of the building, but what they actually did was help spread the fire thoroughly out the building, because it was, IN FACT -not out in the first place. So should the volunteer fire fights be at fault as well for "accidentally" spreading the fire, do to lack of training. That is negligent behavior as well.
Now we know, this is clearly a tragic situation that happened. Do me a favor, get a life. Accidents happen everyday, it's a shame but its called life. People are so easy to want to blame other and call names and put people down. I find it funny that we have people that live in this town. That will sit and drink and laugh with someone who commented the act of drunk driving years ago and killed someone. I guess time forgives? I think it's funny how people in this town steal money from their job, go to prison. But people still drink and socialize with these people? I'm a little confused. Stealing from your company is no accident, but people except them. Drinking/driving/killing someone is somehow excepted?
No lives were lost in this tragic event but somehow you want to run these guys in the ground. Hmmmm I jut a little confuse. I could go on and in about the corrupt lives people seem to except in this town. Because there is a whole list of negligent behavior, some by accidents, but some by their own free will of making bad decisions to just live in their moment....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Jacob Discussions

Search the St. Jacob Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr skwirts 3,835
36 y/o woman lives with lazy boyfriend (Feb '11) 8 hr DUh 7
j....d....p 9 hr hopefully harried 2
Homicide In Trenton, Illinois (Aug '08) 9 hr Heywood Jablome 16
trenton sun 10 hr William Wilken 3
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
Dr Erin Gagen Screws Military and Veterans 12 hr William Wilken 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Jacob Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Jacob People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE