old ferry boat landing area
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Zachary

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Have the legal eagles ever decided the land ownership lines near the ole landing? and where could someone find the results? I wonder if they could put the results on a sign down by the old landing so people would know where to park when putting a boat or canoe in or where they could legally sit and fish.
35mph

Saint Francisville, LA

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Zachary wrote:
Have the legal eagles ever decided the land ownership lines near the ole landing? and where could someone find the results? I wonder if they could put the results on a sign down by the old landing so people would know where to park when putting a boat or canoe in or where they could legally sit and fish.
You better park down stream if you put a canoe in.
Catfish

Saint Francisville, LA

#3 Dec 4, 2012
They are now where close; this is going to take years if both sides are trenched in. You can park on the side of the ramp, on the shoulder of the road, or on the levy road. As far as fishing goes, legally you can do so along the ramp, you do not have access to the rest of the banks though I doubt anyone would bother you if you did.

And the term is "legal beagle" for what it is worth.
Bubba

Saint Francisville, LA

#4 Dec 7, 2012
they had a special meeting last night about all of this. said they were going to read the abstract. anyone hear anything about it?
sos sligo

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Catfish wrote:
They are now where close; this is going to take years if both sides are trenched in. You can park on the side of the ramp, on the shoulder of the road, or on the levy road. As far as fishing goes, legally you can do so along the ramp, you do not have access to the rest of the banks though I doubt anyone would bother you if you did.
And the term is "legal beagle" for what it is worth.
ever since this ramp and land dispute the lamberts have been called every name in the book. I was told no one has been arrested for tresspassing/fishing on the banks. when the ferry was there people fished all along the banks without every hearing from the evil lamberts. i am sure if you called them they would not care.
louisv

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Bubba wrote:
they had a special meeting last night about all of this. said they were going to read the abstract. anyone hear anything about it?
If you read the advocate the article states select jurors went into a private meeting to discuss the abstract. The DA & Lamberts attorney objected to it which you can read why. Nothing was mentioned of the findings.

Seems the use of public money should be brought to the tax payers not hidden in a private meeting. This "new police jury", as others call it, are very brazen in their actions. Complete disregard to their own DA may lead other implications. Rather than working together to find a resolution to this dispute hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars will be spent.

Since: Dec 12

Saint Francisville, LA

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Yep
Louie Louie

United States

#8 Dec 7, 2012
louisv wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the advocate the article states select jurors went into a private meeting to discuss the abstract. The DA & Lamberts attorney objected to it which you can read why. Nothing was mentioned of the findings.
Seems the use of public money should be brought to the tax payers not hidden in a private meeting. This "new police jury", as others call it, are very brazen in their actions. Complete disregard to their own DA may lead other implications. Rather than working together to find a resolution to this dispute hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars will be spent.
President Ricky and the Lamberts have hired an attorney? Why? They are trying to claim Parish property and are buffaloing their way into possession of public property. Why has the DA refused to assist Mel Percy and John Kean in their attempts to survey the property donated to the Parish by the State? Why did the Lamberts stop the Parish government from surveying the property? If the DA is unwilling or unable to stand up for the rights of the Parish taxpayers, then the Parish government needs to hire an attorney to protect the public's interest. Just ask the Town Council about attempts to work with the Lamberts for a resolution.
zachary

United States

#9 Dec 8, 2012
Many years ago there was a road than went from the ferry landing down stream to almost Thompson creek and people could fish or put in a small boat anywhere along that section and not be bothered. I assumed that it was a government road of some sort as alot of people used it and someone put alot of gravel on it and kept it up as there was never any potholes and it was kept in very good condition by someone. Was that road public or private and who maintained it?
Catfish

Lafayette, LA

#10 Dec 8, 2012
sos sligo wrote:
<quoted text>
ever since this ramp and land dispute the lamberts have been called every name in the book. I was told no one has been arrested for tresspassing/fishing on the banks. when the ferry was there people fished all along the banks without every hearing from the evil lamberts. i am sure if you called them they would not care.
Exactly, they have simply let people continue to fish and use the property, they only thing that they have no allowed is to drive onto the property.
Catfish

Lafayette, LA

#11 Dec 8, 2012
zachary wrote:
Many years ago there was a road than went from the ferry landing down stream to almost Thompson creek and people could fish or put in a small boat anywhere along that section and not be bothered. I assumed that it was a government road of some sort as alot of people used it and someone put alot of gravel on it and kept it up as there was never any potholes and it was kept in very good condition by someone. Was that road public or private and who maintained it?
The only road I can think of that you are talking about is the levy road that runs along the river behind the mat field. That was public in part an private in part, the private part is no longer kept up.
Put down the Kool aid

Lafayette, LA

#12 Dec 8, 2012
Louie Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
President Ricky and the Lamberts have hired an attorney? Why? They are trying to claim Parish property and are buffaloing their way into possession of public property. Why has the DA refused to assist Mel Percy and John Kean in their attempts to survey the property donated to the Parish by the State? Why did the Lamberts stop the Parish government from surveying the property? If the DA is unwilling or unable to stand up for the rights of the Parish taxpayers, then the Parish government needs to hire an attorney to protect the public's interest. Just ask the Town Council about attempts to work with the Lamberts for a resolution.
The Lamberts hired a attorney to help protect what they believe is theirs, as any of us would.

Do you know why they couldn't survey it without the Lamberts' permission? Because they don't have any right to it and as stands the Lamberts claim is better. Thatís why they can't force them to remove the barricades at this point, they don't have the right.

If anything it is the parish that is trying to bully the Lamberts out of the property
Ali Gator

United States

#13 Dec 8, 2012
Catfish wrote:
<quoted text>
The only road I can think of that you are talking about is the levy road that runs along the river behind the mat field. That was public in part an private in part, the private part is no longer kept up.
You're wrong Catfish. It is a public road. Someone went back there with a backhoe and cut a major hole in road and made it impassable. The old jury did this piblic road kind of like they did the other River property and let their friends and business partners claim taxpayer's property as their own. Maybe Mr. Hashagen will fix this road so that it can once again be enjoyed by the public. He's not easily threatened by the old status quo.
Bubba

Denham Springs, LA

#14 Dec 9, 2012
Ali Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong Catfish. It is a public road. Someone went back there with a backhoe and cut a major hole in road and made it impassable. The old jury did this piblic road kind of like they did the other River property and let their friends and business partners claim taxpayer's property as their own. Maybe Mr. Hashagen will fix this road so that it can once again be enjoyed by the public. He's not easily threatened by the old status quo.
I think he is right, it is public up to the point that it ends, and then it turns into private property, Mr. Sullivan's property extends all the way to the river and there is no public road that runs through it.
Old gator

United States

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Honestly, I'm not sure that road is a public road. There are no signs, and they don't seem to maintain it. I always assumed it was a part of the Matt field and the parish had gain use of it one way or another in order to use the boat ramp they built on Sullivan's property
Zachary

United States

#16 Dec 9, 2012
Who maintained the road for years? Was it private money that paid for its mainteance or was it tax payers money. If it was tax payers money I would say it is a tax payers owned road or I would think its illegal for tax payers dollars to build and mantain someones private property and if it was private propety somebody owes the tax payers alot of back pay for gravel and services rendered. There seems to be alot of legal matters to be looked at for that whole area and maybe the land owners owe the taxpayers a huge amount of money or agree that they do not own the land from the road to the river, I would say it needs to be looked into.
Old gator

United States

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Not sure who maintains it, there is nothing illegal about tax money going towards making a improvement or maintaining a improvement on private property when the subdivision of the state that is making the improvement or maintaining the improvement is leasing the property, or has a servitude to the property granted to them by a land owner. Typically they won't do this when I comes to roads but since they were leasing land to build a boat launch and that was the only road to reach it I would say it is very likely they did maintain they road. It is getting pretty rough on that road now as if no one is maintaining it anymore, which kind of makes me think they were taking care of it until they ended their lease.
Ali Gator

United States

#18 Dec 9, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is right, it is public up to the point that it ends, and then it turns into private property, Mr. Sullivan's property extends all the way to the river and there is no public road that runs through it.
It is not Mr. Sullivan's private road. He has no legal right to block it off. This was a public taxpayer maintained road. The good ole boys just let this one slide through. Just as the Cat Island road is a public road which runs along the river past private camps, so is this RiverRoad. It needs to be reopened and maintained. I believe the dug out hole in the road just happened to occur next to the Sullivan property. imagine that!
Bubba

Lafayette, LA

#19 Dec 9, 2012
Ali Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not Mr. Sullivan's private road. He has no legal right to block it off. This was a public taxpayer maintained road. The good ole boys just let this one slide through. Just as the Cat Island road is a public road which runs along the river past private camps, so is this RiverRoad. It needs to be reopened and maintained. I believe the dug out hole in the road just happened to occur next to the Sullivan property. imagine that!
The parish does not have a right of way for the pariah through that property or the other property along the river. That small piece may be "public" but I don't think so, I'll find out though.
Ali Gator

Tucker, GA

#20 Dec 9, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
The parish does not have a right of way for the pariah through that property or the other property along the river. That small piece may be "public" but I don't think so, I'll find out though.
The Parish owns the road. it does not require a "servitude" or right of way. it owns the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Performance as you see it so far. 6 hr PC Native 58
Asian beetles? Dec 14 Captain Covfefe 5
wfhs football team Dec 14 wf parent 3
anyone know mark guidroz? From island rd (Aug '15) Dec 14 Blackwidow 2
Anybody Know What This Proposed Ordinance Does? Dec 11 Tea 3
Good news Dec 10 countrylad 4
David Opperman Dec 7 LMAO 3

St. Francisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance