First Prev
of 6
Next Last
passer by

Baker, LA

#1 Aug 9, 2010
is it true that lawer Dan Willis was arrested by the state police for dwi?
Burl

Washington, DC

#2 Aug 9, 2010
passer by wrote:
is it true that lawer Dan Willis was arrested by the state police for dwi?
It wouldn't be the first I'm sure! Is this an example of one of those cases that we keep hearing about of folks who constantly get by with this crap until they kill someone?? The list of names of those who are bullet proof, gets longer and longer. What happened to the weird multiple case of Andrew DaQuilla's DWI? The Police Chief's wife's death? I guarentee you there are COMMUNITY LEADERS, their wives, their kids, their second cousins, their cat, their dog, who are KNOWN by local law enforcement as under the influence operators who have in the past and still are getting a pass because of who they are. The PASS is issued by the highest official, it isn't the individual Deputy, or Officer who is making the call. They either obey the wink and nod or they are fired. Pleae folks wake up before it is someone you love killed by this system.
Just Saying

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Aug 9, 2010
Have you checked the advoctes arrest report they always publish? Where did you hear he was arrested. Call the state police. They aren't supposed to deny the information to you. Public record. If your that concerned, as you should be, then find the papertrail to insure his ass can't get away with it.
No passer by

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Aug 9, 2010
You are seriously concerned about Mr. Willis. This is your SECOND ATTEMPT to try to use this forum to put negative thoughts about him.

STAND TALL Mr. Willis. Your Parish and its citizens are counting on you to expose the truth about the Comprehensive Plan and the total REMAPPING of our beautiful PARISH.
Don't let this real estate developer (carpet bagger) destroy what is special and good about this tiny Parish...
WFP is the Martha's Vineyard of the South. Help protect it from the developers and the Parish Manager who want it to look like Baker, La.

Your name tag of Passer-by is correct because you want to pass through, make your money and leave us with your mess.- a CARPET BAGGER
Burl

Washington, DC

#5 Aug 9, 2010
No passer by wrote:
You are seriously concerned about Mr. Willis. This is your SECOND ATTEMPT to try to use this forum to put negative thoughts about him.
STAND TALL Mr. Willis. Your Parish and its citizens are counting on you to expose the truth about the Comprehensive Plan and the total REMAPPING of our beautiful PARISH.
Don't let this real estate developer (carpet bagger) destroy what is special and good about this tiny Parish...
WFP is the Martha's Vineyard of the South. Help protect it from the developers and the Parish Manager who want it to look like Baker, La.
Your name tag of Passer-by is correct because you want to pass through, make your money and leave us with your mess.- a CARPET BAGGER
Amazing!! DUI/DWI or DUI's/DWI's, linked to Parish Manager, real estate developer, carpet bagger, Wow!!! Martha's Vineyard!(LOL)! Only in St. Francisville, could prosecuting a drunk driver be turned into a plot to destroy Mayberry!!!
No passer by

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Aug 9, 2010
Amazing. DUI from years ago would continue to be brought up at this time. Just in time for the Rezoning. Amazing!! LOL -- Carpet Bagger
Regina

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Aug 9, 2010
Of course there is also the Shoemake DUI in the local news (not the PJ one)...
No passer by

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Aug 9, 2010
Regina wrote:
Not the PJ Shoemake. The PJ son?
SHOWTIME33

Clinton, LA

#9 Aug 9, 2010
What ever happened to the "undercover sting operation"
Angola State Official, caught in a STATE TRUCK, GOING TO GET HIM A ???
Did he maintain his State job, or did he get fired? Nothing much, ever done about that either. State Gas, State Vehicle, and State Job. Oh, how those "Friends Benefits" must be! the best thing about these benefits, WE are paying for it with our taxes!!
Just Saying

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Aug 9, 2010
Regina wrote:
Would love to know which shoemake you are talking about?
passer by

Baker, LA

#11 Aug 9, 2010
No passer by wrote:
Amazing. DUI from years ago would continue to be brought up at this time. Just in time for the Rezoning. Amazing!! LOL -- Carpet Bagger
how about 3 or 4 days ago in front of dollar general.
Regina

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Aug 9, 2010
It's all in the sheriff's report in The Democrat.
passer by

Baker, LA

#13 Aug 9, 2010
Regina wrote:
It's all in the sheriff's report in The Democrat.
thanks not seen arrest reports printed in the last several democrats. thought they were not reporting it any longer.
also thanks to "no passer by" post, i was not aware he has previous arrest.
Who_What_When_

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Aug 9, 2010
passer by wrote:
<quoted text>
how about 3 or 4 days ago in front of dollar general.
Would someone please post the relevant info? Was Shoemake arrested for a DUI? Is it in this weeks Democrat?
Burl

Hanover, MD

#15 Aug 9, 2010
Who_What_When_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would someone please post the relevant info? Was Shoemake arrested for a DUI? Is it in this weeks Democrat?
Okay what about Shoemake and WILLIS? Did they are did they not get a DWI in the last week? If so how many for each?
Disturbed by

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Aug 10, 2010
Burl wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't be the first I'm sure! Is this an example of one of those cases that we keep hearing about of folks who constantly get by with this crap until they kill someone?? The list of names of those who are bullet proof, gets longer and longer. What happened to the weird multiple case of Andrew DaQuilla's DWI? The Police Chief's wife's death? I guarentee you there are COMMUNITY LEADERS, their wives, their kids, their second cousins, their cat, their dog, who are KNOWN by local law enforcement as under the influence operators who have in the past and still are getting a pass because of who they are. The PASS is issued by the highest official, it isn't the individual Deputy, or Officer who is making the call. They either obey the wink and nod or they are fired. Pleae folks wake up before it is someone you love killed by this system.
To answer your question about people who are constantly getting by "with this crap"-no. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? It's cops who have taken care of that. Maybe you should take a look at your law enforcement. Why you would say it's not the first time, of which you seem certain, I'm not sure. People on this forum seem to have a grudge against attorneys that I find quite disturbing. The assumption has been made here that the "law enforcement either obey the wink and nod or they are fired." Who's winking at them? The DA who has gotten a DWI as well? Think about it-doesn't quite fit. He obviously doesn't have the cops in his pocket. And as for getting fired-where? Police officers aren't getting fired over this. Instead, they sometimes try to punish people like Sam D'Aquilla and Mr. Willis who do things that are unpopular, such as representing criminals(part of ALL of our constitutional rights) and taking on the Parish Manager. Arrests and tickets are the only power cops have, and with so many running around on a power trip, is it really surprising that they might abuse their power?

Mr. Willis was taken into custody. This does not mean that he was actually drunk by any means. THIS situation is what has not happened for the first time, and unlike you sir who are uninformed, I AM sure. You can check the democrat for the arrest tomorrow, but what won't be reported is what the law enforcement did. They manhandled someone who has serious physical injuries, and now is further injured. Is this what normally happens in a DWI case? Unless someone is running from the law, what on God's green earth would justify being rough with someone? Cops have more power than they are given credit for. They know that they can harm someone's reputation, even if they have no grounds, because ignorant people like you will believe the first thing they hear,which will ALWAYS be the cop's word(keep this in mind) and not see things for what they really are.
dirty harry

Denham Springs, LA

#17 Aug 10, 2010
Disturbed by wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question about people who are constantly getting by "with this crap"-no. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? It's cops who have taken care of that. Maybe you should take a look at your law enforcement. Why you would say it's not the first time, of which you seem certain, I'm not sure. People on this forum seem to have a grudge against attorneys that I find quite disturbing. The assumption has been made here that the "law enforcement either obey the wink and nod or they are fired." Who's winking at them? The DA who has gotten a DWI as well? Think about it-doesn't quite fit. He obviously doesn't have the cops in his pocket. And as for getting fired-where? Police officers aren't getting fired over this. Instead, they sometimes try to punish people like Sam D'Aquilla and Mr. Willis who do things that are unpopular, such as representing criminals(part of ALL of our constitutional rights) and taking on the Parish Manager. Arrests and tickets are the only power cops have, and with so many running around on a power trip, is it really surprising that they might abuse their power?
Mr. Willis was taken into custody. This does not mean that he was actually drunk by any means. THIS situation is what has not happened for the first time, and unlike you sir who are uninformed, I AM sure. You can check the democrat for the arrest tomorrow, but what won't be reported is what the law enforcement did. They manhandled someone who has serious physical injuries, and now is further injured. Is this what normally happens in a DWI case? Unless someone is running from the law, what on God's green earth would justify being rough with someone? Cops have more power than they are given credit for. They know that they can harm someone's reputation, even if they have no grounds, because ignorant people like you will believe the first thing they hear,which will ALWAYS be the cop's word(keep this in mind) and not see things for what they really are.
next time you have a problem call your local crack head or drunk to solve it for you. thanks
Burl

Metairie, LA

#18 Aug 10, 2010
Disturbed by wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy this is either, D.Willis or a member of the Fraternal Southern Brotherhood of Lawyers, "Who are constant victims of some cruel group" LOL! If this isn't Willis? They went to the same Southern Lawyer School "Perry Mason U"? If there is a charity out there for miss-used and aaaabussed attorney's let me know where to send my contributon? LOL
James

Metairie, LA

#19 Aug 10, 2010
Disturbed by wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with one statement in this entire diatribe! Inocent until Proven GuiltyI We will be awaiting the results of the arrest.
I don't think Burl named the official or officials who are winking and nodding! I will take a wild guess and it isn't Sam Daquilla or any other attorney. I think the reference is to the Mayor, The Sheriff and the Chief of Police.
I also think the only reason Willis was charged is because the arresting officer was a state trooper and not a local Deputy of City Police Officer, correct me if I am wrong? I am not sure, but I would be curious at the % of local law enforcement DWI arrest of locals vs. State Trooper arrest of DWI Locals?
As to the miss treating of suspect! I think it is very unusual for any law enforcement officer to become rough unless the suspect keeps mouthing off or refuses to corporate. How many coorporative Drunks do you know?
Disturbed by

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Aug 10, 2010
James wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with one statement in this entire diatribe! Inocent until Proven GuiltyI We will be awaiting the results of the arrest.
I don't think Burl named the official or officials who are winking and nodding! I will take a wild guess and it isn't Sam Daquilla or any other attorney. I think the reference is to the Mayor, The Sheriff and the Chief of Police.
I also think the only reason Willis was charged is because the arresting officer was a state trooper and not a local Deputy of City Police Officer, correct me if I am wrong? I am not sure, but I would be curious at the % of local law enforcement DWI arrest of locals vs. State Trooper arrest of DWI Locals?
As to the miss treating of suspect! I think it is very unusual for any law enforcement officer to become rough unless the suspect keeps mouthing off or refuses to corporate. How many coorporative Drunks do you know?
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? You are quite the hypocrite, James. You've called someone a drunk just now for whom you claimed you would await results of a fair trial. So, the wink or nod isn't coming from another attorney? That sort of pops another balloon. If the winking and nodding are coming from the Sheriff and police chief, that's local law enforcement!(Not those bad ole attorneys) And I will correct you because you are wrong about your state trooper assumption. More DWI arrests have been made of attorneys by local law enforcement than state troopers. In the case of Mr. Willis, it was the local law enforcement that called the state police. You have made up what you said. Whether you believe me or not means nothing because your opinion can't change the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Police Jury System 18 min gogirl 32
Rod Dreher is on the cover of the latest Greate... (Apr '13) 2 hr ghb46 525
Couhig Linked to Adultery Website Aug 26 Bottom Line 67
Council meeting Aug 26 RUFK 160
Who would you like to see run? Aug 26 countrylad 23
Tow Truck Guy (May '13) Aug 24 Regina Peterson 2
Historical Bayou Sara Riverfront (Sep '14) Aug 17 No go 195
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Francisville Mortgages