Riverfront Is An Embarrassment
louis vi

United States

#542 Mar 17, 2013
Louisv wrote:
<quoted text>.
If you are calling rescue, immanent domain, it's an option. But if this happens it will be one of the greatest injustices ever. Whether you feel the property is or isn't the Lamberts you might want to stop and think of what you are doing.
This is a very powerful process, if our Parish chooses this they have put themselves on the highest level possible above everyone.
You will drive every possible business and opportunity away. We will be on Fox every night for the next year. But it's the Jury's choice.
This process though does sound like a preschooler though, you can not get what you want in the classroom then result to "big brother".
....Please man, get back under your rock. You are not capable of joining into polite conversation. Your thought processes are quite shallow as is your rationale re. this subject. Ol Gator, anyway you can help this misdirected fool?
Legal Eye

Tucker, GA

#543 Mar 17, 2013
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said in the very beginning, use it or loose it!
The power to take private property for public use by a state, municipality, or private person or corporation authorized to exercise functions of public character, following the payment of just compensation to the owner of that property.
Federal, state, and local governments may take private property through their power of eminent domain or may regulate it by exercising their Police Power. The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution requires the government to provide just compensation to the owner of the private property to be taken. A variety of property rights are subject to eminent domain, such as air, water, and land rights. The government takes private property through condemnation proceedings. Throughout these proceedings, the property owner has the right of due process.
Eminent domain is a challenging area for the courts, which have struggled with the question of whether the regulation of property, rather than its acquisition, is a taking requiring just compensation. In addition, private property owners have begun to initiate actions against the government in a kind of proceeding called inverse condemnation.
History
Now we are getting to the real ruthless Lambert gang. Thanks for this valuable lesson. Get Real, LouisV, bigbill , Old Gator. We've all been waiting for this to come out in public. You and your family are relentless in your ability to get unknowing friends and governmental officials to enter into a simple business lease or sale with you. You throw in convenient little words like "improvements" and all adjoining property knowing full well that your victims have no idea you are about to steal all they hold dear.
The elected officials and business partners trusted your family in 1960. They agreed to sell you the unused and very small area of the levee of Bayou Sara. With a trickery of words the Sale was written to say the eastern levee of the Town of Bayou Sara. You slickly added in the Mississippi river levee which was never mentioned and threw in the words like "and all adjoining property" for good measure. The elected officials never knew what they had done. In happened so quickly and filed away so quietly, no one ever even knew it existed. This of course was not enough to give you the riverfront landing which was used and loved forever by the public, so like a hibernating moccasin you sat on this for 20 years never chancing the fact that this was not the property sold to your family.
You wait quietly after your attorneys Kilbourne and Dart with Mr. Hughes successfully win a possessory claim against the State for State property and then get DA Ware and Asst DA Hughes to either knowingly or fooloshly getting a servitude signed with your family for our public landing. Your knowledge of the fact that even though you do not own the land, the free and harmless servitude is your first step to stealing our public lands. It was only a short time later that you would begin making thousands monthly off this unknowing, foolish public.

Tood vs State was new breaking grounds which leaves the public open and vulnerable to scoundrels. Your attorneys knew well how to set you the parish up.
If the police jury does not try to defend this small section of the river, the Lamberts have made it clear what will happen to the area. Expect a junked equipment graveyard and limestone gravel pit on both sides of the river with the parish paying dearly to use its own public highway and landing.
There has to be some way to protect the public.
We already know that private individuals are no match for the likes of the Lamberts. Just ask the Garrett's.
Hopefully, the public will have its chance in the courts with a fair judge. Hal Ware has already made his voice clear on whose side he is on.
Get Real

Gonzales, LA

#544 Mar 17, 2013
This is not something entered into lightly, but it is an option to be considered when all else has failed.

It is an option for good when used correctly. In my opinion this case is a perfect example for condemnation action. It is not a residence, it is not a business, It has no improvements by the owner. The owner will be provided justifiable compensation and profit based on acquisition vs forced sale price.
The $ 50 - 100k already wasted would have been a good start for a complete closure to making sure the Public will have access.
It is legal and justified, especially in a case like this. Come on Jurors do the right thing!
Louisv

Pearl River, LA

#545 Mar 17, 2013
louis vi wrote:
<quoted text>....Please man, get back under your rock. You are not capable of joining into polite conversation. Your thought processes are quite shallow as is your rationale re. this subject. Ol Gator, anyway you can help this misdirected fool?
You always result into personal attack?? Shallow? Interesting, you can not come back with facts, you try to intimidate and it will not work.

Stick to the facts.
Louisv

Pearl River, LA

#546 Mar 17, 2013
Legal Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we are getting to the real ruthless Lambert gang. Thanks for this valuable lesson. Get Real, LouisV, bigbill , Old Gator. We've all been waiting for this to come out in public. You and your family are relentless in your ability to get unknowing friends and governmental officials to enter into a simple business lease or sale with you. You throw in convenient little words like "improvements" and all adjoining property knowing full well that your victims have no idea you are about to steal all they hold dear.
The elected officials and business partners trusted your family in 1960. They agreed to sell you the unused and very small area of the levee of Bayou Sara. With a trickery of words the Sale was written to say the eastern levee of the Town of Bayou Sara. You slickly added in the Mississippi river levee which was never mentioned and threw in the words like "and all adjoining property" for good measure. The elected officials never knew what they had done. In happened so quickly and filed away so quietly, no one ever even knew it existed. This of course was not enough to give you the riverfront landing which was used and loved forever by the public, so like a hibernating moccasin you sat on this for 20 years never chancing the fact that this was not the property sold to your family.
You wait quietly after your attorneys Kilbourne and Dart with Mr. Hughes successfully win a possessory claim against the State for State property and then get DA Ware and Asst DA Hughes to either knowingly or fooloshly getting a servitude signed with your family for our public landing. Your knowledge of the fact that even though you do not own the land, the free and harmless servitude is your first step to stealing our public lands. It was only a short time later that you would begin making thousands monthly off this unknowing, foolish public.
Tood vs State was new breaking grounds which leaves the public open and vulnerable to scoundrels. Your attorneys knew well how to set you the parish up.
If the police jury does not try to defend this small section of the river, the Lamberts have made it clear what will happen to the area. Expect a junked equipment graveyard and limestone gravel pit on both sides of the river with the parish paying dearly to use its own public highway and landing.
There has to be some way to protect the public.
We already know that private individuals are no match for the likes of the Lamberts. Just ask the Garrett's.
Hopefully, the public will have its chance in the courts with a fair judge. Hal Ware has already made his voice clear on whose side he is on.
As I have stated before, I am not a Lambert and not related to a Lambert. Just a family friend.

I appreciate your opinions but that's what 95% of your post was opinion. After the hearing both parties agreed on some terms, so your statement about a junk yard is false. He will clean it up. I have said before I think it looks terrible also. If this forum is how the Jury feels, this will stay in court for over 5 years. Do the math.

Both sides can come to some agreement without spending 100k's and the money can be spent elsewhere.
Legal Eye

Tucker, GA

#547 Mar 17, 2013
Louis, you claimed to be in the judges chambers and just a fly on the wall when the discussion of the agreement was made. You pointed out that the Judge Hal Ware was quick to put the jurors in their place. I would state that you are a bit more than a mere family friends. You have also made it clear that the Judge already has his mind made up.
Aintthatashame

Saint Francisville, LA

#548 Mar 17, 2013
Louisv wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have stated before, I am not a Lambert and not related to a Lambert. Just a family friend.
I appreciate your opinions but that's what 95% of your post was opinion. After the hearing both parties agreed on some terms, so your statement about a junk yard is false. He will clean it up. I have said before I think it looks terrible also. If this forum is how the Jury feels, this will stay in court for over 5 years. Do the math.
Both sides can come to some agreement without spending 100k's and the money can be spent elsewhere.
What time is the PJ meeting tomorrow?
Get Real

Gonzales, LA

#549 Mar 17, 2013
Louisv wrote:
<quoted text>As I have stated before, I am not a Lambert and not related to a Lambert. Just a family friend.

As a friend, do you think they would consider something with a transfer of a clear title to the parish? Appraised value of underwater property and adjacent bank that floods and is under 15' of water a couple of times a year? Sounds like the $50k would have been more than enough.
I still think either way the Parish can restrict the traffic on old hwy 10 to prevent hauling oil well equipment through downtown Saint FRANCISVILLE.
Sigh

Lafayette, LA

#550 Mar 17, 2013
Aintthatashame wrote:
<quoted text>
What time is the PJ meeting tomorrow?
5:30 ... I look forward to seeing you there.

Like Old Gator said, they really should ratify the judgement, it is the best thing to do for all parties.
Louisv

Pearl River, LA

#551 Mar 18, 2013
Legal Eye wrote:
Louis, you claimed to be in the judges chambers and just a fly on the wall when the discussion of the agreement was made. You pointed out that the Judge Hal Ware was quick to put the jurors in their place. I would state that you are a bit more than a mere family friends. You have also made it clear that the Judge already has his mind made up.
You need to go back to my post, I never claimed to be in the chambers. I did say I was a fly on the wall. Never said Jurors, I said Lea Lea. I wish you would post the truth rather than twisting it.
Louisv

Pearl River, LA

#552 Mar 18, 2013
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
As a friend, do you think they would consider something with a transfer of a clear title to the parish? Appraised value of underwater property and adjacent bank that floods and is under 15' of water a couple of times a year? Sounds like the $50k would have been more than enough.
I still think either way the Parish can restrict the traffic on old hwy 10 to prevent hauling oil well equipment through downtown Saint FRANCISVILLE.
If you are asking if the Lamberts would give them the property they are asking for, my opinion no. This case will be in court for the next 5 years if you think it's only worth 50k.

You talk about equipment going through downtown, this has happened for numerous years. I have hauled all kinds of heavy equipment across the ferry. What is any different, we have a bridge now?
bigbill1

Baton Rouge, LA

#553 Mar 18, 2013
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
"either way the Parish can restrict the traffic on old hwy 10 to prevent hauling oil well equipment through downtown Saint FRANCISVILLE."

If the Parish is now focussing on highway restriction, are you going to let the Mat Field know they will be shut down? What are we coming to?

Lets just say the Lamberts & the Parish reach an agreement, what does the Parish want to put down there? About the only structure you can put would be a Port-o-let. The water comes up EVERY year and destroys everything.

Lets put this past us and move on.
Just Asking

Tucker, GA

#554 Mar 18, 2013
Louisv wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are asking if the Lamberts would give them the property they are asking for, my opinion no. This case will be in court for the next 5 years if you think it's only worth 50k.
You talk about equipment going through downtown, this has happened for numerous years. I have hauled all kinds of heavy equipment across the ferry. What is any different, we have a bridge now?
What makes it right in your mind that the public should just give up this land to Lamberts? I personally think it is worth fighting for. You claim to speak to the Lamberts and are such great friends with them. Why do you think it is okay for them to hire attorneys and sue the public for simply trying to determine how to beat protect public lands. If nothing is done, this property will be lost to them and we will have to spend a great deal more of taxpayer dollars just to be able to use a small portion of our own land.
Sigh

Saint Francisville, LA

#555 Mar 18, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes it right in your mind that the public should just give up this land to Lamberts? I personally think it is worth fighting for. You claim to speak to the Lamberts and are such great friends with them. Why do you think it is okay for them to hire attorneys and sue the public for simply trying to determine how to beat protect public lands. If nothing is done, this property will be lost to them and we will have to spend a great deal more of taxpayer dollars just to be able to use a small portion of our own land.
That is all assuming it is "our" land...after looking what they have I and others don't think it is "public" property, thus that is why it would be right.
my view

United States

#556 Mar 18, 2013
I don't care how much it will cost the Police Jury i.e. us, the taxpayers. I'm willing to pay my share to stop a "robbery in progress" as another poster so aptly stated. I welcome their dilligence in doing what they were elected to do, and that is to protect our rights and yes, to protect our public property also. I say let's draw a line in the sand. The Lamberts do not own the property in question and you know damn well I'm not talking about a few old lots in Bayou Sara. They would like for you to think that this is the case. Not so. Paul, Sr. paid NOTHING for the property in question. The Police Jury's responsibility as well as the judicial system is to give him what he paid for. For the jurors not to follow through with a legal challenge to the Lambert's claim would be nothing less than malfeasance. Let's go full tilt against the squatters.
Old Hippie

Arnaudville, LA

#557 Mar 18, 2013
Lea Lea is right about the people of West Feliciana Parish needing public land for recreation. A place along the Mississippi River for families to fish, hike and enjoy the beautiful old Cypress Trees. A place for school children to tour on Spring field trips. A place like, wait, isn't the Cat Island Wildlife Management Area in West Feliciana Parish! Isn't it just a couple of miles from the old ferry landing. Isn't it 10 or 12 THOUSAND plus acres of public land ALREADY OWNED by the United States Government? Open and free to the public 24/7?
Surely, this is not enough for Mrs. Williams, Mr. Kean, Mrs. Howle, Mr. Wilson and yes, Mr. Melville Percy.
Wake up, America!
bigbill1

Baton Rouge, LA

#558 Mar 18, 2013
my view wrote:
I don't care how much it will cost the Police Jury i.e. us, the taxpayers. I'm willing to pay my share to stop a "robbery in progress" as another poster so aptly stated. I welcome their dilligence in doing what they were elected to do, and that is to protect our rights and yes, to protect our public property also. I say let's draw a line in the sand. The Lamberts do not own the property in question and you know damn well I'm not talking about a few old lots in Bayou Sara. They would like for you to think that this is the case. Not so. Paul, Sr. paid NOTHING for the property in question. The Police Jury's responsibility as well as the judicial system is to give him what he paid for. For the jurors not to follow through with a legal challenge to the Lambert's claim would be nothing less than malfeasance. Let's go full tilt against the squatters.
I agree with your passion but just batting on the wrong side for me. Produce the evidence, they have it.

I agree with the Lamberts and will help them anyway possible even if it means financially.

Since: Feb 13

Saint Francisville, LA

#559 Mar 18, 2013
Looks like they amended the agenda adding three items, two of which are dealing with the river front.

*q. River Front Property – Acquire a current appraisal of the river front on both
sides of Old State Highway 10 – Take action deemed necessary

*r. Interim Four (4) Month Agreement – Authorize Parish Manager with Mr. Gary
Keyser’s consent, approval to sign the interim agreement

Interesting that an appraisal has been listed, I suppose that means purchasing it may be an option they are thinking about.

Since: Feb 13

Saint Francisville, LA

#560 Mar 18, 2013
my view wrote:
Oh we are very familiar with your view...you post it about twice on each page.
my view

United States

#561 Mar 18, 2013
Old_Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we are very familiar with your view...you post it about twice on each page.
You have become you own worse critic, Old Gator. Perhaps I have stated my position previously. So what? Have you not done the same, many, many more times than I? I find it strange that you are criticizing me for your very own activities. Starting to sound a bit like big bill1 and louisv. Please don't let that happen, Old Gator. Though we disagree, you have remained straightforward and I respectfully hope you don't stoop to their levels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nfl 12 hr Itsstupid 4
9-5-2017. Morgan,Benjamin A 28,10289 Bains R... 13 hr Kdad 4
President Trump - How's He Doing? (Jan '17) 15 hr 225fel 451
Middle school (Nov '16) 18 hr angrymom 74
Child Pornographer in St. Francisville 18 hr BlaCKHaT 67
Anytime fitness 18 hr Flexthis 3
News Morgan, Anderson Booked for Murder of Kurt Howard (Jun '10) Sun Kdad 805

St. Francisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance