Church leader on sabbatical

Church leader on sabbatical

There are 40 comments on the The Advocate story from Jul 25, 2012, titled Church leader on sabbatical. In it, The Advocate reports that:

Dino Rizzo, lead pastor of Baton Rouge's Healing Place Church, has been placed on sabbatical to pursue "healing, reflection and restoration of spirit, soul and body," the church announced Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Momo

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Jul 25, 2012
What's the real story here must have got caught either cheating doing drugs or stealing, the story says has caused him to make bad decisions as far as his family and spirituality goes. Come on do tell! He's on too much of a power trip to step down he was booted haha I shake my lead everything I pass that big monstrosity and just wonder how long till scandal bring it down. Well I didn't have to wait too long
observer

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Momo wrote:
What's the real story here must have got caught either cheating doing drugs or stealing, the story says has caused him to make bad decisions as far as his family and spirituality goes. Come on do tell! He's on too much of a power trip to step down he was booted haha I shake my lead everything I pass that big monstrosity and just wonder how long till scandal bring it down. Well I didn't have to wait too long
wow
?

Saint Francisville, LA

#3 Jul 25, 2012
What on earth are you trying to say...?
REALLY

Vicksburg, MS

#4 Jul 26, 2012
Momo wrote:
What's the real story here must have got caught either cheating doing drugs or stealing, the story says has caused him to make bad decisions as far as his family and spirituality goes. Come on do tell! He's on too much of a power trip to step down he was booted haha I shake my lead everything I pass that big monstrosity and just wonder how long till scandal bring it down. Well I didn't have to wait too long
Why are people so happy when someone has a failure in their lives? We, as caring human beings, should have compassion and prayer for our fellow man. People like you is why our country is in such a bad place! Kick 'em while they are down mentality. WOW!
Shame on you!
FORHISGLORY

Prairieville, LA

#5 Jul 26, 2012
Many prayers for our pastor and his family. Everyone, including pastors, can become depleted when they are doing & giving to everyone but themselves. The issue isn't whether he was forced and accepted or if he chose the sabbatical. The issue is, he is a humble man, and with a great support group like our spirituality board, they were all able to work together for the good of our pastor and his family and honor God while ensuring the welfare of our church. No matter the "reason", God gives us mercy, grace and forgiveness....lets practice a little of what God so freely gives to us upon others, and yes our pastors.....
observer

United States

#7 Jul 26, 2012
FORHISGLORY wrote:
Many prayers for our pastor and his family. Everyone, including pastors, can become depleted when they are doing & giving to everyone but themselves. The issue isn't whether he was forced and accepted or if he chose the sabbatical. The issue is, he is a humble man, and with a great support group like our spirituality board, they were all able to work together for the good of our pastor and his family and honor God while ensuring the welfare of our church. No matter the "reason", God gives us mercy, grace and forgiveness....lets practice a little of what God so freely gives to us upon others, and yes our pastors.....
well said ....
Wow

Cleveland, TX

#8 Jul 27, 2012
ok
bob jones

Lottie, LA

#9 Jul 28, 2012
Momo wrote:
What's the real story here must have got caught either cheating doing drugs or stealing, the story says has caused him to make bad decisions as far as his family and spirituality goes. Come on do tell! He's on too much of a power trip to step down he was booted haha I shake my lead everything I pass that big monstrosity and just wonder how long till scandal bring it down. Well I didn't have to wait too long
i wonder how much good you've probably done with your life?

I don't know the reason why he stepped down, but I do know that man did more for the city and community than you would dare to even dream. Not that you would ever even dream, you sound pretty self centered and seem like an utter fool.

Small minded people share your mentality.

Good luck making it through life as a douche.
rubberball

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Jul 30, 2012
@bobjones Ad hominem.

If he did do something wrong, then he needs to make it right. If he is just tried, they sure worded the press release in a weird way.
GODISNCONTROL

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Jul 30, 2012
This goes to say how ppl are so forgiving to SOME ppl. I've notice ppl in St.Francisville is very judge mental and can talk a lot of shit. You are forgiving to certain ppl. There have been ppl out here that have done little things and you’re so hard on them with your word and BS that come out of your mouth and then you want to put it on the computer. ONE thing U ppl need to know is that "GOD is a forgiving GOD", and no matter what you say or think, your thought and word don't mean ANYTHING because GOD is in control. NOW TALK ABOUT THAT.
Thank You

United States

#12 Jul 30, 2012
GODISNCONTROL wrote:
This goes to say how ppl are so forgiving to SOME ppl. I've notice ppl in St.Francisville is very judge mental and can talk a lot of shit. You are forgiving to certain ppl. There have been ppl out here that have done little things and you’re so hard on them with your word and BS that come out of your mouth and then you want to put it on the computer. ONE thing U ppl need to know is that "GOD is a forgiving GOD", and no matter what you say or think, your thought and word don't mean ANYTHING because GOD is in control. NOW TALK ABOUT THAT.
Its people like you that make me PROUD that I'm an agnostic.
Serious Stuff

United States

#13 Jul 30, 2012
GODISNCONTROL wrote:
This goes to say how ppl are so forgiving to SOME ppl. I've notice ppl in St.Francisville is very judge mental and can talk a lot of shit. You are forgiving to certain ppl. There have been ppl out here that have done little things and you’re so hard on them with your word and BS that come out of your mouth and then you want to put it on the computer. ONE thing U ppl need to know is that "GOD is a forgiving GOD", and no matter what you say or think, your thought and word don't mean ANYTHING because GOD is in control. NOW TALK ABOUT THAT.
well said .... We are all human . Give the man a break ..
control

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Jul 31, 2012
@ Thank you....Agnostics will often question the existence of a supreme power because a lot of modern religious beliefs have no basis in modern logic; therefore blind following of popular religions is viewed as an easy out for people who chose not to think for themselves. POOR U.......AND U R PROUD. ONE THING I CAN SAY I NOW MY GOD AND WHAT HE CAN DO. BELIEVE IT.
bob

Lottie, LA

#15 Jul 31, 2012
rubberball wrote:
@bobjones Ad hominem.
If he did do something wrong, then he needs to make it right. If he is just tried, they sure worded the press release in a weird way.
ironically the original statement was ad hominem.
Spb

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Sep 16, 2012
Thank You wrote:
<quoted text>
Its people like you that make me PROUD that I'm an agnostic.
"The fool has said in his heart there is no God."
Psalm 14:1
Spb

Baton Rouge, LA

#17 Sep 16, 2012
"The fool has said in his heart there is no God"
Psalm 14:1
Beliver

United States

#18 Sep 16, 2012
control wrote:
@ Thank you....Agnostics will often question the existence of a supreme power because a lot of modern religious beliefs have no basis in modern logic; therefore blind following of popular religions is viewed as an easy out for people who chose not to think for themselves. POOR U.......AND U R PROUD. ONE THING I CAN SAY I NOW MY GOD AND WHAT HE CAN DO. BELIEVE IT.
.....weak people need a strong god. Just look at the Muslims.
wondering minds

United States

#19 Sep 16, 2012
Beliver wrote:
<quoted text>.....weak people need a strong god. Just look at the Muslims.
does anyone know how Pastor is doing???
Cultman

Saint Francisville, LA

#20 Sep 16, 2012
Not sure how he is doing, but this is who he was caught doing http://twitter.com/kayceemorgan .

She has been relocated and any mention of her has been removed from HPC's websites.
Beliver

United States

#21 Sep 16, 2012
amazing. Another shepherd caught deceiving the flock. Some people will never learn.

........weak people need a strong god, as a previou poster wrote. So true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Storm damage 17 hr Odetta 10
4 mill tax Sep 23 more education 45
Bayou Sara Creek Road Sep 19 Mike 2
Home Rule Charter is not for West Feliciana Sep 19 Cee Cee 47
Hospital Sep 19 Paul 2 9
News Lavergne complains of treatment in prison (Feb '13) Sep 17 I hate stupid people 13
High Speed Internet in 70775 (Jan '14) Sep 12 countrylad 26

St. Francisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Francisville Mortgages