Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Mar 19, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Murphy

Saint Francisville, LA

#1 Nov 12, 2009
I encourage everyone to vote. I plan to vote NO!
Parish

Saint Francisville, LA

#2 Nov 12, 2009
Murphy wrote:
I encourage everyone to vote. I plan to vote NO!
I also encourage everyone to get out and vote. I plan to vote YES.

Either way you vote, do it from your actual knowledge of what the impact of your vote will be. From what I have heard here is why people or voting one way or the other:

YES VOTE
1) Pro Growth, jobs,
2) Increased Sales Tax revenue, less likely Property tax increase.
3) Maintain the School System at the current high level.
4) New Community/town in Southern end of the parish
5) Follows the people supported Parish Growth Plan guidelines
6) Affordable Housing

NO VOTE:
1) Anti Growth, Don't need more jobs, people can work in BR, Zachary, New Roads.
2) Tax revenue will come, without infrastructure
3) Don't Trust elected Police Jury.
4) School will find the money, something will come along, maybe a new Nuke Plant.
5) This is a ONE Town Parish and we don't want any other towns.
6) Don't like Comp Plan because it doesn't agree with one town parish.
7) I have a house, everyone else can live in trailers.

Who Gains from the failure of this sales tax for infrastructure?? THE HAVES!!!! the same folks that owned the plantations and still own the land wealth of the parish. They are right, THEY or THEIR families don't need jobs, so keeping the status quo maintains their power base, with a NO Vote. Remember, if you are a town employee, Billy Daquilla will never know how you vote when you enter the voting booth. Think for yourselves and make the right decision. The three folks that are the stated strongest opponents of the Tax measure are; Billy Daquilla, Otis Wilson and Lea Williams. If you trust that these folks have your best interest at heart then do what you think is right.
The Real Observer

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Nov 12, 2009
I think if the parish residents could trust the West Feliciana Parish Police jury the tax would probably pass but trust is long gone.

With people like Ambrose Sims, Ken Dawson, Billy Shoemake and some of the others in charge and misleading the public about what the parish has and is going to do with this tax we have no chance.

The parish has 2 million plus in bank accounts, just gave all the jury employees raises, spends thousands needless surveys etc it is no wonder why they are not trusted.

Ambrose does not even live in West Feliciana Parish, does not but his shoes, tires, groceries, cloths, etc in our parish.

All parish jobs are contracted out to out of parish firms. Tembec was suppose to hire hundreds of parish residents but only less than one forth are employed from West Feliciana Parishe.

Someone even said the Police Jury just hired a painter to paint the police jury office and yes they are from EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH.

The tax proposition will give the Police Jury authority to spend the new tax ON ANYTHING THEY WANT! LOOK AT THE WORDING OF THE PROPOSITION. How much more misleading and manipulative can Ambrose, Ken and Billy be?

When the public asks questions about what is going on they are rude and evasive.

It is time parish residents wake up and stop believing people who are looking out for their own interests and begin to consider what is right for the parish. I am voting NO.
The Real Observer

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Nov 12, 2009
By the way, I have never known Billy Daquilla, Otis Wilson and Lea Williams to own anything. Defiantly not the "haves" as compared to the new landowners/developers like Princeton Bardwell (what an a**hole) and others who have financial interests who want to develop the parish for their own interests and others who run the parish. I have only known the first three to do the right thing and fight injustice.

And in response to Parish above, the school system is NOT PART of the tax.
Parish

Saint Francisville, LA

#5 Nov 12, 2009
The Real Observer wrote:
By the way, I have never known Billy Daquilla, Otis Wilson and Lea Williams to own anything. Defiantly not the "haves" as compared to the new landowners/developers like Princeton Bardwell (what an a**hole) and others who have financial interests who want to develop the parish for their own interests and others who run the parish. I have only known the first three to do the right thing and fight injustice.
And in response to Parish above, the school system is NOT PART of the tax.
1) I bet you live in Saint Francisville?
2) I have seen the wording and plans for the funds, what is misleading?
3) The $2 mil you are talking about a) wouldn't cover the infrastructure and b) doesn't exist in the Undedicated funds.
4) SIM'S DOES LIVE IN THE PARISH, GET INFO STRAIGHT - YOU ARE WRONG OR MISS-INFORMED.
5) If you aren't QUALIFIED to work in the jobs that were open how can you force an employer to hire unqualified people, get real!
6) Don't know the answer to Painters, but if they were the best bargain for my tax dollar, than good job Sims. The jobs in the past were used to pay-off local cronies by jurors, maybe that is changing.
7) I disagree, that the wording let's them go on an unbridled spending spree.
8) I have seen over 6 presentations by Sims, and other Jurors and didn't see RUDE and Evasive. I saw concern for the future without the tax.
9) What is their personal gain? Do you think they are getting payola? Tell us what you know about their personal gain?? It's easy to throw out the stuff you do but it is the typical BS that has been being digested by the ignorant and misinformed for years, starting even before Bert Babers and Pete Hynnie.

If you think Billy, Lea and Otis are the people smart enough to lead the future of this Parish then you have been drinking the water way too long. I do appreciate your coming out against the tax, it will be a big help in getting it passed. OTIS, AS A FIGHTER FOR INJUSTICE, I LOVE IT!!!!

The School System does receive operating revenue from Sales Tax. If the purpose is to create infrastructure and attract New Business's that generate Sales Tax, thus increasing Sales Tax Revenue for The School, I don't see how you can say this sales tax is NOT PART of the Tax. I don't know Princeton Bradwell, but people are going to make money off of development, that's the American way. Are you jealous that you aren't going to make any?
Franklin

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2009
As an aside from the real issues as to whether or not we should or should not support a sales tax increase...here is how I feel.

I know the need may be there. "They" say they are planning for the future so as to obtain more tax revenue for the parish. So "they" want to tax us more. Its an investment they say. Since when has or should the PJ go into the spectlative real estate business? Let private investors do that. What if the PJ future predictions are not accurate? Will they come to us again asking for yet another tax increase so as to bail out their asses?

The entire country is in the throes of the largest and deepest reccession in our history. The unemployemt rate ( over 10%) is the largest in over 35 years. And the PJ, with its usual sense of poor timing, wants us to pay a sales tax increase. Its like asking for a loan from a spendthrift.

PJ...get your act together. Ambrose, get your fat butt out of your office and check on what the parish employees are doing out there. You'll be amazed. Now here's something we all are talking about...YOU WORK FOR THE PJ. You are not the spokesman for them. You are paid to do their bidding and certaintly NOT to be a confrotational employee. Were I on the jury I would work to have you fired ASAP !!! Billy, you're the president of the PJ. For God's sake start acting like the president and take a little control over the situation.

WHY haven't we heard about areas in which we can save more money instead of why we should aggree to tax ourselves yet another 1% in sales tax? How much did the trip to Hawaii cost us?

So here is my bottom line. You, the PJ, is like a baby with a diaper full of shit. You're accustomed to being over fed and are now finding your collective asses in a crack because Entergy and the paper mill are winding down from their past assessments to further the tax base. You should have realized this years ago. You should have seen "the end" coming. But no, instead you now wamt us to bail out your dumb asses.

I guess that's why I vote NO for the !% sales tax increase.
Observer

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Franklin you are correct and I agree.
The REAL Observer

Saint Francisville, LA

#8 Nov 13, 2009
Parish you are correct and I agree.
Franklin

United States

#9 Nov 13, 2009
The REAL Observer wrote:
Parish you are correct and I agree.
And you are a jerk and I agree.
Independent

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Nov 13, 2009
Parish wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I bet you live in Saint Francisville?
2) I have seen the wording and plans for the funds, what is misleading?
3) The $2 mil you are talking about a) wouldn't cover the infrastructure and b) doesn't exist in the Undedicated funds.
4) SIM'S DOES LIVE IN THE PARISH, GET INFO STRAIGHT - YOU ARE WRONG OR MISS-INFORMED.
5) If you aren't QUALIFIED to work in the jobs that were open how can you force an employer to hire unqualified people, get real!
6) Don't know the answer to Painters, but if they were the best bargain for my tax dollar, than good job Sims. The jobs in the past were used to pay-off local cronies by jurors, maybe that is changing.
7) I disagree, that the wording let's them go on an unbridled spending spree.
8) I have seen over 6 presentations by Sims, and other Jurors and didn't see RUDE and Evasive. I saw concern for the future without the tax.
9) What is their personal gain? Do you think they are getting payola? Tell us what you know about their personal gain?? It's easy to throw out the stuff you do but it is the typical BS that has been being digested by the ignorant and misinformed for years, starting even before Bert Babers and Pete Hynnie.
If you think Billy, Lea and Otis are the people smart enough to lead the future of this Parish then you have been drinking the water way too long. I do appreciate your coming out against the tax, it will be a big help in getting it passed. OTIS, AS A FIGHTER FOR INJUSTICE, I LOVE IT!!!!
The School System does receive operating revenue from Sales Tax. If the purpose is to create infrastructure and attract New Business's that generate Sales Tax, thus increasing Sales Tax Revenue for The School, I don't see how you can say this sales tax is NOT PART of the Tax. I don't know Princeton Bradwell, but people are going to make money off of development, that's the American way. Are you jealous that you aren't going to make any?
Sounds like you are very fearful of Billy, Lea and Otis. Very interesting. So if the tax fails they are the casue of the failure? What a dumb***.
It also appears from your thread that you may have an interest in this. Hopefully a full investigation will be forthcoming....
Parish

Saint Francisville, LA

#11 Nov 13, 2009
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are very fearful of Billy, Lea and Otis. Very interesting. So if the tax fails they are the casue of the failure? What a dumb***.
It also appears from your thread that you may have an interest in this. Hopefully a full investigation will be forthcoming....
"Fearful"? HaHa and yes they are the Anti Sales Tax leaders, and would be responsible, just like everyone who actively campaigns against the sales tax for infrastructure.
I do have an interest in seeing controlled growth promoted for the Parish. Glad you got something right! Does having an interest in seeing jobs, housing and revenue increase call for an investigation? Bring it on! You sound like Sam Daquilla!!! "I will convene a Grand Jury and investigate!!!!" (LOL)
Thanks

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Nov 14, 2009
Parish wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fearful"? HaHa and yes they are the Anti Sales Tax leaders, and would be responsible, just like everyone who actively campaigns against the sales tax for infrastructure.
I do have an interest in seeing controlled growth promoted for the Parish. Glad you got something right! Does having an interest in seeing jobs, housing and revenue increase call for an investigation? Bring it on! You sound like Sam Daquilla!!! "I will convene a Grand Jury and investigate!!!!" (LOL)
Great idea Ambrose! I will contact the District Attorney Monday morning and ask him to make the Police Jury disclose what they have been hiding.
Parish

Saint Francisville, LA

#13 Nov 14, 2009
Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea Ambrose! I will contact the District Attorney Monday morning and ask him to make the Police Jury disclose what they have been hiding.
Good Luck!! Maybe he should be investigating where the money went several years ago when a contract was issued to increase water line size in the Tembec area, and lo and behold it was recently discovered that even though contractor was paid and job signed off, there are still 2" water lines where there should be 8". By the way I understand Star Hill Trace has 8' lines. Follow the money!!! I don't think Ambrose, unlike me, would be dumb enough to respond to this forum. I apologize for trying to have an intelligent discussion on an subject using this forum. By the way, this was way before Sim's.
Murphy

Saint Francisville, LA

#14 Nov 15, 2009
Thanks to all who voted against. If I wanted "Progress" I would live in Livingston or Assention with the traffic and increased crime. This is a rural parish and that is the reason most folks want to live here. The PJ needs to live within its means and forget about trying to make WFP a New York City.
Once again, thanks!
christmas to Parish

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Nov 15, 2009
I guess Parish will have to find a bell and cup this Christmas. No big contracts from West Feliciana Parish Government for you and your kind!!
Franklin

United States

#16 Nov 15, 2009
who="Murphy"]Thanks to all who voted against. If I wanted "Progress" I would live in Livingston or Assention with the traffic and increased crime. This is a rural parish and that is the reason most folks want to live here. The PJ needs to live within its means and forget about trying to make WFP a New York City.
Once again, thanks!
I
am glad the sales tax issue failed by 149 votes. Close. But what is sad is that only 34 % of the registered voters turned out... 66% are the turkeys in WF. What a sad situation.
I do honestly believe in one segment of the above post...THE POLICE JURY NEEDS TO LIVE WITHIN ITS MEANS...etc. Hell, don't we all have to do this in our daily lives?
How much did the "business trip" to HAWAII COST US? Here's the hooker...ask who went. To those who paid their own "fare" ask how many times they ate and were "entertained" on parish expense account money. You can bet your sweet ass that you'll never get an honest asnwer to this question.
And one wonders wht the sales tax vote failed.....GEEEEEZ!!!
Fox

Baton Rouge, LA

#17 Nov 17, 2009
Is there a trip scheduled to Las Vegas for the Police Jury and CDF?

Since: Nov 09

United States

#18 Nov 17, 2009
Well said Franklin! I think all our politicians need a reality check. They are serving them selves only. Taking these trips is not for the good of the people. We have officials that do nothing but drink, fill there pockets with our money, we even have one having relationships with employees. I try not to put down on anyone but DAMN, we elected them to be leaders and serve us.
Franklin

United States

#19 Nov 17, 2009
Feliciana View wrote:
Well said Franklin! I think all our politicians need a reality check. They are serving them selves only. Taking these trips is not for the good of the people. We have officials that do nothing but drink, fill there pockets with our money, we even have one having relationships with employees. I try not to put down on anyone but DAMN, we elected them to be leaders and serve us.
If they are not doing their jobs in your estimation then get involved, get a movement started, and help get someone more qualified to do the job you wish to be seen done. In other words, quit bitching and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. The politicians do not need a reality check...WE DO. And its best enforced at the voting booth.

Since: Nov 09

Zachary, LA

#20 Nov 17, 2009
I do get involved! I do vote! I don't think anyone here is bitching anymore than you. I bring people to the poles, remind them to vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lebanese Restaurant in Town 9 hr KNOW hER 14
What should the council do regarding the Lamber... 11 hr Bob 11
City Slickers and Country Bumpkins--Look to Liv... 19 hr kNOW hER 11
Rod Dreher is on the cover of the latest Greate... (Apr '13) Fri countrylad 294
West Feliciana council to consider ferry landin... Thu Al G 12
who cares Thu rushure 5
Bailey Cable or Audobon Cable (Dec '09) Aug 28 Popa 23
•••
•••
•••