Since: Apr 13

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone seam to have a problem with Mrs. Bowman the pre-k teacher @ Barnes Lower because I do. My child is in her class and everyday my child comes home stating that Mrs.Bowman treats her really bad. Mr. Bowman has a problem w/ my child shoes. When she wear her cowgirl boots its a problem. When its cold outside and she wears her snow boots its a problem why is that.

“Fresh Air”

Since: Jan 11

Saint Francisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Wouldn't your questions better be addressed to Mrs. Bowman followed by the Bains Lower Elementary principal should her response not be satisfactory?

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I addressed her many of times about many problems i have had w/ her. I have also spoken 2 the principal about Mrs. Bowman. I have to wonder is it just my child that she has a problem w. I have received phone calls from other stuff members at the school explaining the concerns of how she is treating my child.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

countrylad wrote:
Wouldn't your questions better be addressed to Mrs. Bowman followed by the Bains Lower Elementary principal should her response not be satisfactory?
I have a child in her class also and I do understand where mylife32 is coming from. I've gone to her and the principal first. A lot of things that are posted on here should be directed to the head of the source but everyone does not do that on here right. With that being said I and she apparently would like a public opinion. That's the whole purpose of this site. Everybody knows that Ms. Bowman or the principal would not respond on here and neither would it be the appropriate place to address them. Ms. Bowman in my experience is very unfriendly, never smiles and does not have a passion for her job. It's teachers like her who have done their time but still there to collect a check. She and any other teacher with her attitude in teaching profession should step down and allow people with the heart and passion for the job to be there. As said before, my opinion is these type of teachers should have been in the cut/lay-off!
MeToo

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I also have a child in her class and we both like her very much. She is very strict and structured which works very well for my kid. Concerning the shoes I was told at the meet and greet that boots were unacceptable shoes so I was to send my child in tennis shoes and that's what I have done all year because that was her rules! I have went and talked to her about certain "bad elephants" and found her to be easy to work with. Although she does sometimes come off as standoffish I can tell when we talk that she genuinely cares about my kid. She's not for everyone but she's still a really good teacher and I can tell that just by my kids attitude about school and how much he's progressed.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

MeToo wrote:
I also have a child in her class and we both like her very much. She is very strict and structured which works very well for my kid. Concerning the shoes I was told at the meet and greet that boots were unacceptable shoes so I was to send my child in tennis shoes and that's what I have done all year because that was her rules! I have went and talked to her about certain "bad elephants" and found her to be easy to work with. Although she does sometimes come off as standoffish I can tell when we talk that she genuinely cares about my kid. She's not for everyone but she's still a really good teacher and I can tell that just by my kids attitude about school and how much he's progressed.
Metoo I appreciate your opinion bc every child is different there fore there are different approaches to every child. I'm glad to hear she works well for you child. She did for one of mine, but as for now and then when I literally say 20 years ago....she's not working in my opinion. The shoes issue as you quoted is "her rule", not the school and I confirmed that with the principal. It's not only cowboy boots, simple shoes like Ughh's for example. That makes it unacceptable if its not a school rule.
MeToo

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Dreamscometrue1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Metoo I appreciate your opinion bc every child is different there fore there are different approaches to every child. I'm glad to hear she works well for you child. She did for one of mine, but as for now and then when I literally say 20 years ago....she's not working in my opinion. The shoes issue as you quoted is "her rule", not the school and I confirmed that with the principal. It's not only cowboy boots, simple shoes like Ughh's for example. That makes it unacceptable if its not a school rule.
I understand that not everyone is happy with certain rules but every teacher has their own rules and ways of running their classroom. I was never under the impression that it was school rules, I was always aware it was her rule. I'm perfectly ok with my child not being able to wear boots of any kind because its not a big deal to me. She doesn't want them wearing boots then fine no boots. I'm more concerned about if my child is learning and progressing. Not to minimize other parents' feelings but that's just the way I look at it.
Child in Pre-K

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

The point of the " no boots" is to protect the other children.. The children are constantly getting up and down on the floor for various reasons.. No it is not a school rule but perhaps maybe it should be addressed and made a general rule after all shoes ARE a part of the uniform.. That being said I have had the opportunity to speak to mrs. Bowman on several occasions while volunteering at the school and YES she is strict and YES she is a stickler for rules BUT she is also very good at what she does as far as teaching. The schools are the best in the state for a reason. My child's teacher does not care about the shoes but I for one would not want her fingers to be crushed by boots or uggs. I hope things get better for your baby and maybe a meeting with her and the principal together is a good idea to solve this problem :)
Well

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

What do y'all think about Mrs Rogers? She's the same way.

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Its not just about the shoes. My child comes home from school stating that Mrs Bowman is very mean to her. Just about every morning my child cries stating that she wants to go to another school because her teacher doesn't like hr. Why is it other staff members calls me stating that my child is being treated unfairly by this teach. I have done wonderful by not addressing this issues in a negative way. I have had conferences with both the teacher and the principal and its like the matter is not getting better. Thank God that this school year is just about over and my child and i will not have to deal with this issues anymore.
Aintthatashame

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mylife32 wrote:
Its not just about the shoes. My child comes home from school stating that Mrs Bowman is very mean to her. Just about every morning my child cries stating that she wants to go to another school because her teacher doesn't like hr. Why is it other staff members calls me stating that my child is being treated unfairly by this teach. I have done wonderful by not addressing this issues in a negative way. I have had conferences with both the teacher and the principal and its like the matter is not getting better. Thank God that this school year is just about over and my child and i will not have to deal with this issues anymore.
It sounds like you are part of the problem. It you had conformed with the shoe policy your child would not have been put in an awkward position. Hopefully, for your child's sake, you will conform to the school and class rules next year. I also,think using this forun to bash a teacher is in poor taste.

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Aintthatashame wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are part of the problem. It you had conformed with the shoe policy your child would not have been put in an awkward position. Hopefully, for your child's sake, you will conform to the school and class rules next year. I also,think using this forun to bash a teacher is in poor taste.
I No i am not part of the problem. For one the shoes is not the case. The problem it that my child an i feel the teacher is not treating her rite. I follow the school policy to the fullest. I have not reason to bash a teach for what. I can care less about a teach I care about my child education and her feelings. That's what you people fail to understand.

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

When it comes to my child I will say what I need to say. Everybody voices there opinion on this site. If u read right I did clarify its not about the shoes it's about her attitude towards kids and personality as a teacher but at no time did I bash her, I voiced my opinion like u just did about me
Teacher

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

As a fellow teacher let me clear a few things up....

Number one, yes you ARE not only part of the problem but you are THE problem. It sounds like you have absolutely zero respect for Mrs Bowman. Guess what...we did not go into teaching to be your friend or your child's friend. We want to make a difference in children's lives. Trust me, dealing with parents like you is the most difficult part of the job. Man up and talk to Lynn yourself or shut up. You want a resolution then grow up and have a conversation with her. You obviously do not know her at all or you wouldn't have the opinion that you do.

And second, your child is going to school every day not a damn fashion show. Do us all a favor and put then in tennis shoes. For their safety if for nothing else. Save the boots for the weekend. School is for instruction. Period. Save the bullshit for your own time.

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Teacher wrote:
As a fellow teacher let me clear a few things up....
Number one, yes you ARE not only part of the problem but you are THE problem. It sounds like you have absolutely zero respect for Mrs Bowman. Guess what...we did not go into teaching to be your friend or your child's friend. We want to make a difference in children's lives. Trust me, dealing with parents like you is the most difficult part of the job. Man up and talk to Lynn yourself or shut up. You want a resolution then grow up and have a conversation with her. You obviously do not know her at all or you wouldn't have the opinion that you do.
And second, your child is going to school every day not a damn fashion show. Do us all a favor and put then in tennis shoes. For their safety if for nothing else. Save the boots for the weekend. School is for instruction. Period. Save the bullshit for your own time.
Seems to me that you are offended. That's what's wrong with the workd today, people don't respect other people's opinion and no matter what you say I still have my same opinion of her and God forbid that you teach anybody's child with that filthy mouth you have. If you let a social media site take you out of character like that, then what goes on in the class. I never said any teacher comes to teach to be friends with me or my child but my child opinion if who takes care if them on a daily basis is what matters. You and others keep dwelling on the shoes but it goes far beyond the shoes. I've know her all school year and that's long enough. You may be her friend at school and outside if class but that has nothing to do with my opinion of her as my child's teacher. With that being said, GTF with the BS bc u and nobody else can stop me from voicing my opinion, thank you and have a blessed night!! Go gossip on the phone with her about.
WFparent

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I do not know ms bowman. My child has a problem with a teacher at another school. Who shall remain nameless, she just seems to not help my child in the area he has trouble with. He made straight A in till this year. And only these 2 classes he is doing poorly in. I have had other teachers tell me this particular teacher is not very nice when it comes to certain children. I hope you get your issue resolved and your child overcomes this. Just wanted to let you know it happens. Some get singled out. But not all the teachers here are like that.
20FUCKWF

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

In reference to you as a fellow teacher...thats probably the reason why you are a fellow teacher. Its bitches like you that make it hard for Parents like them, && they wonder why people dont want their children goin to WEST FELICIANA.THEY NEED TO BURN THE BITCH DOWN TO ASHES ONE WEEKEND SINCE THEY DONT HAVE ANY MONEY, && then all the kids could go to ZACHARY!! If LYNN was so worried about her giving her child a better education, MAYBE she wouldnt be worried about sum damn boots, && she could be more focused on teaching them their ABC's && 123's, which she probably dont know herself anymore because she been teaching since Thelma was on Good Times. I used to have Mrs.Bowman as a teacher myself && She was an ok teacher, no different from any of the rest of the white racist teachers at WHITE FOLKS HIGH SCHOOL. That was 20 years AGO. Its time for a CHANGE AT THAT SCHOOL. The person who originally posted this, is your child white or black??

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

20FUCKWF wrote:
In reference to you as a fellow teacher...thats probably the reason why you are a fellow teacher. Its bitches like you that make it hard for Parents like them, && they wonder why people dont want their children goin to WEST FELICIANA.THEY NEED TO BURN THE BITCH DOWN TO ASHES ONE WEEKEND SINCE THEY DONT HAVE ANY MONEY, && then all the kids could go to ZACHARY!! If LYNN was so worried about her giving her child a better education, MAYBE she wouldnt be worried about sum damn boots, && she could be more focused on teaching them their ABC's && 123's, which she probably dont know herself anymore because she been teaching since Thelma was on Good Times. I used to have Mrs.Bowman as a teacher myself && She was an ok teacher, no different from any of the rest of the white racist teachers at WHITE FOLKS HIGH SCHOOL. That was 20 years AGO. Its time for a CHANGE AT THAT SCHOOL. The person who originally posted this, is your child white or black??
Im sorry but im not answering that question. It doesn't matter if the child is black are white. Im not making this a racial issues. All i want is for my child to receive the best education possible. I have never gotten out of character w/ any teacher @ WF and i will not. This school year is just about over i pray n ask the Lord that my child has a much better school year.
WFparent

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Mylife32 wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry but im not answering that question. It doesn't matter if the child is black are white. Im not making this a racial issues. All i want is for my child to receive the best education possible. I have never gotten out of character w/ any teacher @ WF and i will not. This school year is just about over i pray n ask the Lord that my child has a much better school year.
You are doing what any respectable parent would do. Just ignore those who want to make drama out of it.
MeToo

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

No offense but I find it very hard to believe that there are other staff members concerned about how your child is being treated and yet they tell you instead of making a compliant to the principal. If they were so worried that they felt the need to inform you then they should be concerned enough to make a complaint against her officially. As for the comment about her being what's wrong with teachers making it hard on the parents, that's completely backwards. It's the parents that make it hard for teachers to discipline the children and teach them to respect and follow the rules. If you know she has a rule against boots and yet send your child to school anyway wearing them, then what message are you sending to your child? And if its not about the boots then why even bring them up? I happen to appreciate the work she's done as a teacher for my kid. I've seen how some of these children behave and I've seen how some of these parents sit back and do nothing and its a shame. Oh and my child is white so maybe he gets treated better and that's why he enjoys going to school so much.(SARCASM)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the St. Francisville Forum right now

Search the St. Francisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lebanese Restaurant in Town 1 hr countrylad 1
corruption 11 hr Thinking 69
Rod Dreher is on the cover of the latest Greate... (Apr '13) 12 hr Pauli 264
Home Rule Charter in Ascension (May '12) 20 hr Here and Now 20
vote on tax again 23 hr curious 39
Big Man Percy Tue Amused_NOT 5
WHY is MYRTLES SUBDIVISION NOT in the SFV TOWN ... Mon Catfish 2
•••
•••