zachary

United States

#1 Jan 27, 2013
What are the hours of the West Feliciana Historical Society so that I can get a permit to enter the Refuge and are the roads in good enough shape to travel in a regular Pickup truck. I have read some of the rules on line and have noticed that firearms are not allowed outside of hunting season. I don't hunt but I would like to know can I carry a pistol inside the vehicle for personel protection, not against any wildlife but against the possible crazy or evil person one might have to defend against. I know it seems far fetched but I would like to know before I buy the Permit.
Ghetto Gorilla

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2013
zachary wrote:
What are the hours of the West Feliciana Historical Society so that I can get a permit to enter the Refuge and are the roads in good enough shape to travel in a regular Pickup truck. I have read some of the rules on line and have noticed that firearms are not allowed outside of hunting season. I don't hunt but I would like to know can I carry a pistol inside the vehicle for personel protection, not against any wildlife but against the possible crazy or evil person one might have to defend against. I know it seems far fetched but I would like to know before I buy the Permit.
Damn man.. why don't you just stay in.your bedroom and play your Wii if your scared of us brothers out in Solitude
Old Gator

Lafayette, LA

#3 Jan 27, 2013
zachary wrote:
Do you need a permit? I go all the time.

I think the historical society is opened 8:30 - 4:30 Monday - Friday, I'm not sure about Saturday's but I know they are open.

There are a couple of ruff spots in the road but you should be fine with a regular truck.

Just keep the gun in your truck and you should be fine.
Present

Saint Francisville, LA

#4 Jan 27, 2013
What are the rules for the Atv Trails?
The Dude

Lafayette, LA

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Present wrote:
What are the rules for the Atv Trails?
To hunt, fish, or to use an ATV on the refuge you need a permit. Other than that you would just need to follow the general park rules like no littering, only using trails designated for ATVs and no leaving the trails for off roading.

you can apply for a permit here http://www.fws.gov/catisland/
dman90

Denham Springs, LA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
zachary wrote:

You don't need a permit to go drive through Cat Island

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex and Zachary Teachers (Mar '12) 31 min Abu Hajaar 5
Broadband, and why West Feliciana needs it (Sep '10) 9 hr Flumuxed 21
Why move TO WFP? 9 hr uaintkeen 19
Rod Dreher is on the cover of the latest Greate... (Apr '13) Jul 17 Never waste a crisis 586
Couhig's Corn Maze Jul 14 The Future 4
Let it snow! Let it snow! Jul 13 Putin 28
Flumuxed Jul 12 Forget history 7

St. Francisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Francisville Mortgages