hungary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Who do y'all think is the best and the worst restaurant in town?
Best

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Love Magnolia.
Love Wing It
Love Audubon Cafe

“Fresh Air”

Since: Jan 11

Saint Francisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

The newly reopened Oxbow and the Magnolia leave the others in town behind. The historic South of the Border has good food in an old style atmosphere
gal

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Love magnolia, but I don't see what the hype is all about at audubon cafe. Especially when they serve microwave bacon.
Old Gator

Gonzales, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

The thing with the Mag is they are consistent, but I guess from eating there since I was a kid I really never want to go.

The Oxbow probably has the best quality of food in my opinon. I love wing itís the most because I like the selection of draft beer. Sonnyís and Que Pasa are tied.

I like the food at the Myrtles but the service is not very good at times.

I would say the Audubon is the worst, doesnít mean they are bad, I just donít care for their food and I hate eating there because they donít have an air vent and you smell when you leave.

I have never stepped foot in Cozy Corner and havenít been to South of the Border since I was 12.
Disappointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

I went to the new oxbow,, fool ok,, service horrible... It won't last if it does not get turn around
Old Gator

Gonzales, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Disappointed wrote:
I went to the new oxbow,, fool ok,, service horrible... It won't last if it does not get turn around
That has been a problem ever since Matthew left.

“Fresh Air”

Since: Jan 11

Saint Francisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Old Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been a problem ever since Matthew left.
I agree Matthew's loss is obvious. I find the service not great, but not horrible either. I must have missed the stand up comedy/clown act (just kidding about the "fool" reference in the other post).

I do think the service is and has always been poor every time I've been to the Myrtles at night. Both the food and service seem better, and the prices are definitely better, at lunchtime there.
My picks

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Que Pasa has great steak and burgers not wild about their Mexican food, Mag has wonderful, fresh guacamole which for me is a must with any Mexican dish. The service at Mag is far superior to any other local restaurants. Best breakfast is the St. Francisville Inn. The Bluffs is better now than it has been since it was Mike Andersons, reasonable prices and a great atmosphere, a little slow, but worth the it..
Observer

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Ma mamas in new roads. Definitely worth crossing the bridge!!!
Yom

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Observer wrote:
Ma mamas in new roads. Definitely worth crossing the bridge!!!
Good food" very pricey
Obama

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Saint francisville ???? Drive to roadside.... Best of everything!!
egghead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

I like Audubon's breakfast....Oxbow is a joke ....the food was not good and my server ignored us....
Beastie

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

New Oxbow food is high quality and well presented, although the atmosphere is pretentious, bartender is not skilled, and service is slow and annoying.

Magnolia is consistently good, excellent service, and atmosphere is perfect.

St. Francisville inn's breakfast is far from the best in town. Your better off going to sonic. Best is a tie between Audubon cafe and the birdman cafe.
Larry

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

What about sonnys?
Old Gator

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Beastie wrote:
New Oxbow food is high quality and well presented, although the atmosphere is pretentious, bartender is not skilled, and service is slow and annoying.
Magnolia is consistently good, excellent service, and atmosphere is perfect.
St. Francisville inn's breakfast is far from the best in town. Your better off going to sonic. Best is a tie between Audubon cafe and the birdman cafe.
You may not like their style of food but one is certainly not better than going to sonic. They normally have some breakfast potatoes, beacon, link sausage, cream cheese crapes, fresh fruits , apple turnovers, bananas cooked in a banana foster style sauce, grits, eggs, muffins and what not. Pretty good buffet style breakfast and much better than a breakfast sammich they clap together at sonic.
concerned

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

St. Francisville Inn definitely has the best breakfast in town, huge variety of dishes well prepared, something for every taste including the European visitors who are not much on grits and prefer yogurt and fruit. Birdman's coffees can't be beat and the breakfast is good, and so is the breakfast at Audubon Cafe, just basics but good. Beignets at the new bakery are inconsistent, sometimes great and sometimes raw and greasy; hopefully they'll get better with experience. Actually sometimes it seems like the best food in town is the breakfast food.
bigeater

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Wing it's or Ville Grill is by far the worse!!!!
Old Gator

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

bigeater wrote:
Wing it's or Ville Grill is by far the worse!!!!
That's your opinion, I disagree and think it is great. I'm excited to see what changes they made to the menu if any. It's nice having a place that serves something different from everyone else
bigeater

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Old Gator wrote:
<quoted text>That's your opinion, I disagree and think it is great. I'm excited to see what changes they made to the menu if any. It's nice having a place that serves something different from everyone else
Again old gator.. Who cares you are not the King! Shut up!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Francisville Discussions

Search the St. Francisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Angola road repairs Needed 1 hr Amused_NOT 18
WHY is HARDWOOD NOT in the SFV TOWN limits? 15 hr pat 33
Rod Dreher is on the cover of the latest Greate... (Apr '13) 16 hr pat 225
Is St.Francisville BUSINESS friendly? 18 hr Catfish 15
find the african american photo contest 18 hr Whitey 67
Progress Tue Give it time man 2
Derrick Tubbs arrested for DWI (Dec '11) Tue Terri Cruse 32
•••
•••